New Princess Cruises App available to download

14 hours ago, Jean C said:

... then it shouldn't be a "compulsory" field. Hopefully Princess takes note and goes back to giving people a green tick rather than an orange exclamation mark if they don't complete that particular field 😧

Yep, and why I am going to keep using the old one for now.

They are saying they are going to roll out shoreside purchases around the world. One ideal example for Australia would be in PNG or on the Islands, ensuring the locals get a single bulk payment to their account and not requiring us cruisers to need to carry kina or xpf for the minor ports. Conflict Islands would be a perfect candidate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, my daughter, son-in-law (originally a cruise sceptic, now a convert) and three other couples have booked a South Pacific cruise for 2015, and planning to invite other daughter and son-in-law. With the old app, you could link bookings so you could book dining room as a group - I can't see this feature in the new app. Does anyone know if it can still be done in advance? Interestingly, daughter says that they get a message that dining room can't be booked until final payment made - that too is new. Any thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi all, my daughter, son-in-law (originally a cruise sceptic, now a convert) and three other couples have booked a South Pacific cruise for 2015, and planning to invite other daughter and son-in-law. With the old app, you could link bookings so you could book dining room as a group - I can't see this feature in the new app. Does anyone know if it can still be done in advance? Interestingly, daughter says that they get a message that dining room can't be booked until final payment made - that too is new. Any thoughts?

I think only Elites could book dining before final payment in the past. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We are cruising Alaska this year with Princess.  Only Ruby status level but paid in full.   I was able to link the four us (2 separate bookings & booking numbers) to dine together each night via the new app.  I googled how to do it and a cc post came up with instructions.  It was very easy - once you have their booking number.

Edited by aussielozzie18

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks for info, but I'm platinum and in the past have always booked MDR as soon as the deposit was paid.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

We are cruising Alaska this year with Princess.  Only Ruby status level but paid in full.   I was able to link the four us (2 separate bookings & booking numbers) to dine together each night via the new app.  I googled how to do it and a cc post came up with instructions.  It was very easy - once you have their booking number.

I think it must be new, only being able to link bookings once paid in full. I successfully did it for our last cruise as soon as the deposit was paid. Daughter has everyone's booking references, so no problem there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, exhausted 10 said:

so is it correct if you have an android phone you can only look at upcoming cruise and not future cruises. I just want to book a dinning time

Yes and no.

If you login to the new app with your email & pass, you can only view your next cruise. You can view future cruises individually by logging in with the relevant booking number for that cruise, log out and repeat for each cruise.

Yes, it is a pain with a mobile device to be recording & storing booking numbers somewhere, but that is where it is at.

35 minutes ago, exhausted 10 said:

Thanks Geoff,

excuse my ignorance but when i log in it just asks me for email and password. Where does it ask for booking number?

As with this capture, the link is under the sign up and log in buttons - "sign in with booking number"

Screenshot_20240131_061356_Princess.thumb.jpg.98da1dadc286ddd7490db58cf142abd8.jpg

Depending on your version, it should take you to a screen like this

Screenshot_20240131_061731_Princess.thumb.jpg.5d9ee29c325e61ac9616fa7fd3d66ecb.jpg