Onda with the Speciality Dining Package

BenDover

I haven't been to an Onda, but I'm guessing it's the same as La Cucina. At La Cucina a couple of weeks ago I had an excellent sallad, a "small" pasta dish, a seafood entree and dessert.

(The "small" (it's not really that small...) pasta dish can be made into an entree for an extra $5.)

1 minute ago, EPTCB said:

"Onda - ....The amount of food you get with the credit is almost too much.  You get 2 choices out of the appetizers, pasta or pizza plus 1 entrée and 1 dessert."

I know Onda is different from La Cucina, but the last time I went to La Cucina (about two months ago), they were now considering the pizza an entree.  That was different in the past.  I used to be able to both the pizza and entree no problem.

14 minutes ago, yankprintster said:

I know Onda is different from La Cucina, but the last time I went to La Cucina (about two months ago), they were now considering the pizza an entree.  That was different in the past.  I used to be able to both the pizza and entree no problem.

That was my posting.  They consider pizza and pasta as either an entrée or appetizer at Onda on the Prima.  We each got an appetizer and a pizza and were able to still get an entree.  I also didn't include that you get 2 sides per credit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I haven't been to an Onda, but I'm guessing it's the same as La Cucina. At La Cucina a couple of weeks ago I had an excellent sallad, a "small" pasta dish, a seafood entree and dessert.

(The "small" (it's not really that small...) pasta dish can be made into an entree for an extra $5.)

We got the pasta as an entree and it was big enough for your main and there was no additional charge.  

3 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

We got the pasta as an entree and it was big enough for your main and there was no additional charge.  

Being Swedish, maybe I use the wrong terminology. I thought Entree was the same as Main. Anyway, the size without extra charge, whatever it's called, was very generous when I was there!

22 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Being Swedish, maybe I use the wrong terminology. I thought Entree was the same as Main. Anyway, the size without extra charge, whatever it's called, was very generous when I was there!

I was using entree to mean main.  It was worded poorly.  

11 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

I was using entree to mean main.  It was worded poorly.  

Actually, I'm the one wording things poorly!

With the dining package there is no extra charge to have the pasta as main/Entree! It's if you actually pay a la carte prices (and I suspect not many do!)

Edited by Asawi

8 hours ago, yankprintster said:

That was our experience too.

My experience at both Onda and La Cuccina was a small pasta plus an entree (secondi) was typical. Realizing things change quickly, I would assume you still get an appetizer, soup or salad, small pasta, entree and dessert.  

On my most recent sailing (Joy Sept 2023), the La Cuccina menu priced the pasta dishes as either a first course, or a larger portion for a higher price, as an entree. 

Pasta as a first course, with an entree to follow, is a standard practice in any decent Italian restaurant I have ever visited. NCL is not going to deviate from that practice and still claim La Cuccina or Onda are upscale Italian restaurants.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BenDover said:

I just watched a video where they stated you can order an appetizer OR pizza and a Pasta OR Secondi (but not both).

Can someone confirm?

Can you link to the video? Wonder if they were using a Latitudes platinum and above dinner coupon (which limits number of courses) as opposed to specialty dining package.....

Just off the Viva and used the Specialty dining credit at Onda. We each got an appetizer (which could have been a pizza), a pasta (which could have been a pizza), had the filet for an entree (and could have added 2 sides) and dessert, which we ended up splitting because we had so.much.food.  And don't forget the bread course...that is worth the price of admission alone! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BenDover said:

I just watched a video where they stated you can order an appetizer OR pizza and a Pasta OR Secondi (but not both).

Can someone confirm?

It has been a couple of years since we sailed on a ship that has an Onda restaurant, so the rules and regulations may have changed since then.  We each were allowed to select an Antipasto (appetizer), a Primi (usually a pasta dish or a salad), a Secondi (main course), plus a Dolci (dessert).  The portion sizes can be quite large in Onda, so be sure to take a hearty appetite with you when you dine there.

I was just at Onda twice in the past 3 months (Encore both times, and have also dined there on Prima). I’ve never been told no to ordering any combination of things with those I’m with. They’re pretty accommodating, and there were never any extra charges. It’s way too much food, so I wouldn’t worry. I think the sides are unnecessary, since many of the entrees come with sides already, and you really don’t need a side with pasta or pizza. Along with the bread app/dips and dessert, you’ll be fine 😉

• Like 3