Is there any benefit to calling to cancel within 30 days of sailing?

LB_NJ

20 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

If you just do a no show are you in the same position since within 30 days you are at 100% loss anyway?

Is this just some arbitrary question? Or are you considering doing this? If you are considering doing a no show, I have to wonder why you wouldn’t take five minutes to place the call.

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

If you just do a no show are you in the same position since within 30 days you are at 100% loss anyway?

You PROBABLY won't get anything back by just being a no show, but here's a story for you. A couple of years ago, I had a cruise (not on Celebrity) where, due to some very poor planning by yours truly, I was going to be too late to make it to my cruise that was sailing that day. I called their customer service department and they relayed me to a resolutions department rep. To make a long story short, I got a FCC for the amount I had paid for that cruise. That was nice of them, and I never would have gotten anything if I hadn't called.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2023 at 11:47 AM, MandL said:

Is this just some arbitrary question? Or are you considering doing this? If you are considering doing a no show, I have to wonder why you wouldn’t take five minutes to place the call.

It is a 5 minute conversation after about an hour or 2 on hold.

I am not planning on canceling a cruise at the moment, just trying to understand.

9 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

It is a 5 minute conversation after about an hour or 2 on hold.

I am not planning on canceling a cruise at the moment, just trying to understand.

Well, if you find yourself in the situation where you might need to cancel, there have been some great suggestions given here.  I do believe Celebrity would work with you if you had a legitimate reason for canceling.  I’m surprised at the two hour hold time. That’s the second time I’ve read that this week. The number I call when not calling the suites number is (888)307-8413 and  I haven’t had to hold more than five minutes.  Try it.  Best of luck to you, and Happy New Year.