Copenhagen Disembarkation

greg898

On 12/29/2023 at 4:00 PM, hallasm said:

Depends on when the ship is in port. If you can disembark no later than 08:30, it is not a problem to catch a flight to the US at 12:30.

It takes 30 to 40 minutes by taxi from Oceankaj terminal to CPH airport.

Happy New Year, and thank you for your information. We're on Azamara Onward that docks in Copenhagen at 7:00am. Our direct flight to US on SAS leaves CPH at 12:25pm. We are in business class, so have expedited check-in. Don't know if that helps in security. In any event, from what you've said, we should be okay for this flight. Do you agree?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

We are in business class, so have expedited check-in. Don't know if that helps in security. In any event, from what you've said, we should be okay for this flight. Do you agree?

Happy New Year.
Yes, you have Business Class check-in and SAS Fast Track - usually not more than 10 to 20 minutes in total. Two hours will be sufficient- not a problem at all - also time to enjoy a light meal in the SAS lounge. 
Enjoy your flight.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Yes, you have Business Class check-in and SAS Fast Track - usually not more than 10 to 20 minutes in total. Two hours will be sufficient- not a problem at all - also time to enjoy a light meal in the SAS lounge. 
Enjoy your flight.

Thank you very much, @hallasm

We were in Denmark this past summer, visiting Aarhus and Copenhagen. My sister-in-law is from the north, in Græsted. You live in a beautiful country. 

Enjoy!

This probably does not apply since it was way before Covid, 2007 to be exact.

I found super inexpensive round trip flights between Newark and Copenhagen, but our return had to be a 9 AM flight. Both Princess and our TA said no way, way too early. So, we decided to stay a day in Copenhagen and take a 9 AM flight the next morning.

When we received the tags to fill out for baggage for flights, my DW pointed out that one of the tags was for Continental (the airline we were flying) flights at 9 AM. I looked, and not only was she right, but there was another tag for flights before 9 AM. 

50 minutes ago, kml246 said:

We were in Denmark this past summer, visiting Aarhus and Copenhagen. My sister-in-law is from the north, in Græsted. You live in a beautiful country.

Thank you. Yes, the area around Græsted and Gilleleje is my absolute favorite in summer.

27 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

… return had to be a 9 AM flight.

I will also say too early or too stressful - need to be at the airport a 7 AM - traffic can be heavy in the morning. Hope you enjoyed the additional day in Copenhagen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

Thank you. Yes, the area around Græsted and Gilleleje is my absolute favorite in summer.

I will also say too early or too stressful - need to be at the airport a 7 AM - traffic can be heavy in the morning. Hope you enjoyed the additional day in Copenhagen.

We did and we didn't. We enjoyed much of what we saw, but since it was a Monday many of the museums that my art teacher wife wanted to see were closed.

Also, it was beautiful when we left our hotel, and we dressed as if it would stay that way. But as I am sure you know, the weather is ever changing in your country. We were eventually rained on.

• Thanks 1