wi-fi question

avinger49

11 minutes ago, avinger49 said:

Haven't been on RCCL in many years and have booked a cruise  for 2024, my question is do you have to sign up for their VOOM package in order to be able to text other members of your group? TIA as I am not a tech savvy person

You do not need voom but whoever you want to text has to be connected to you in the app…the voom desk is very helpful with all that

17 minutes ago, avinger49 said:

Haven't been on RCCL in many years and have booked a cruise  for 2024, my question is do you have to sign up for their VOOM package in order to be able to text other members of your group? TIA as I am not a tech savvy person

The free texting via the app is only available for over age 13. No young children can sign up.

Since you said you're not very tech savvy, make sure you find out how to change the settings on your phone while you're on your cruise so that you don't get a huge bill from your cell provider.

On 12/29/2023 at 5:49 PM, avinger49 said:

Make sure you know how to set Airplane Mode.

You will also need to turn on Wifi and find RCI's Wifi network.

It will be our 1st time on RCL in February, longtime Celebrity cruisers.  

I don't see the basic Voom as an option to purchase, just the Voom/Surf.  We don't need to stream, just email and check on our flight prior to disembarking.  Do we have to call or wait until onboard?  The Voom/Surf package is 25% off now.  

TIA

5 minutes ago, norwega said:

It will be our 1st time on RCL in February, longtime Celebrity cruisers.  

I don't see the basic Voom as an option to purchase, just the Voom/Surf.  We don't need to stream, just email and check on our flight prior to disembarking.  Do we have to call or wait until onboard?  The Voom/Surf package is 25% off now.  

TIA

Unlike Celebrity, Royal currently only has that one Internet tier. 

Ok, thanks. We're on 2 short cruises, 5 and 6 nights, with stops in Mexico, which we have coverage for with T Mobile.  We're Diamond, so each have 1 free day of internet.  We'll still have the gratuities to pay so all OBC will be utilized.  😞  

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, norwega said:

I don't see the basic Voom as an option to purchase, just the Voom/Surf. 

That lower tier service was discontinued last year during the transition to Starlink service.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, norwega said:

Ok, thanks. We're on 2 short cruises, 5 and 6 nights, with stops in Mexico, which we have coverage for with T Mobile.  We're Diamond, so each have 1 free day of internet.  We'll still have the gratuities to pay so all OBC will be utilized.  😞  

You can also pay by the day on board if needed.