Jubilee for New Year's Eve

csm5986142

On 12/30/2023 at 3:30 PM, csm5986142 said:

I forgot to mention, in case anyone is interested in hotel information, we flew into IAH very late last night (arrived at approximately 1:30 am) so we stayed at the hotel attached to the airport. It is a Marriott property, costing about $200 total with all taxes and fees, which I thought was a little high, but worth it for the convenience. It was nice (clean and quiet).

How did you get to the port?  How long was the drive?  We are a family of 4 sailing March 30th and trying to decide if we should fly in the day before.  

We were without internet for almost 24 hours. It went down New Year's Eve at about 11:45 pm and was down all day today. It was old-school cruising 😄- no internet, no hub app, etc. There were no announcements, but we stopped by guest services for updates, and they refunded 1 day of internet expense. All they could tell us is that it was impacting the entire ship and they were working on it.  As you can imagine, the restaurants were crazy without the ability to reserve dining for dinner. Since we had the Diamond lunch earlier in the day (and weren't that hungry) we decided to just grab a quick dinner at the buffet and avoid the chaos.
Now that the app is up and running again, I can see some inaccuracies on our account, but I'm going to give them some time to work through it.
Anyway, the party was really fun, and we are ready  to book next NYE on a ship.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2024 at 12:31 AM, Cflcruise said:

How did you get to the port?  How long was the drive?  

If possible we fly into HOU ( For a shorter drive) but this time, with the holidays and my work schedule, we had to fly into IAH.

Either airport, we always take an Uber/lyft to port. This time from IAH it took approximately an hour and 15 minutes and was $108 for a vehicle large enough for 4 - 6 people. But Of course that can vary by day and time/demand.

Other times when we have flown into HOU I believe it took about 35 - 40 minutes to get to port. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

Do you happen to have a show schedule for the week?  Wondering what shows are on the Jubilee and the times.

Ooops Sorry I got those out of order. That is filtered by shows (does not include comedians) - there are a bunch of those throughout afternoon/evening also.

• Like 1

Have you seen Eagle Rare or Blanton's at any of the bars?  It looks like some ships may have it at the Pig & Anchor Brewhouse.  Hubby will be excited if the Jubilee has it and it's included in the drink package.