Jubilee for New Year's Eve

csm5986142

4 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Our weather has changed significantly. Wind and rain - the water is splashing out of the pools.  It's surprising how rocky these big ships can get!

20240105_230942.jpg

Does the ship seem rocky-sway a lot? We were on Horizon last week and could really feel the ship's movement. I'm hoping it won't be as bad with Excel class.

14 hours ago, Ideb said:

Does the ship seem rocky-sway a lot? We were on Horizon last week and could really feel the ship's movement. I'm hoping it won't be as bad with Excel class.

No, I didn't think it was bad at all compared to the smaller ships.

Debarkation was kind of a challenge this morning. With 50% of the passengers considered priority, it was a huge group. I heard a lot of people complaining but I thought the crew handled it well/the best they could. I do think Carnival needs to revamp their loyalty program though (this is the second time in 4 months that we have been on a ship where at least half of the passengers were platinum/diamond).

We were off the ship by 8:00 to find that dense fog was creating havoc on the freeway. We saw multiple accidents and the freeway shut down in both directions at various points.  We arrived at the airport to find our flight is delayed unfortunately (I guess it comes with the territory of traveling during the holidays/winter).

• Like 3

On 1/3/2024 at 9:05 AM, LHARTWICK said:

Finally - new shows!!! At least they'll be new to us.  Thanks for posting!!

I caught a cold during the trip/wasn't feeling well and didn't make it to "Dear Future Husband" but my travel companions loved that show.  They said it's one of the best shows they've seen on Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 5:41 PM, CruiseMomTX said:

Have you seen Eagle Rare or Blanton's at any of the bars?  It looks like some ships may have it at the Pig & Anchor Brewhouse.  Hubby will be excited if the Jubilee has it and it's included in the drink package.  

555 Steakhouse has Blanton's and you can grab a seat at the bar at any time.  Blanton's is covered by Cheers! and no reservations are needed when sitting at the bar.

Was the ship's time set the same as Galveston? We are trying to figure out an excursion on our upcoming cruise in Cozumel and the vendor is telling us that Cozumel is eastern time (v. central for Galveston). I assume that the Ship is on Galveston time for the cruise, but am trying to double check!

dctravel

6 minutes ago, dctravel said:

Was the ship's time set the same as Galveston? We are trying to figure out an excursion on our upcoming cruise in Cozumel and the vendor is telling us that Cozumel is eastern time (v. central for Galveston). I assume that the Ship is on Galveston time for the cruise, but am trying to double check!

dctravel

Haven't been on the Jubilee yet but have sailed dozens of times from Galveston and each ship has been set to Galveston time. Just a point of note that although Cozumel is on Eastern Time, they do Not observe Daylight Saving Time so when the US is on DST ( between 03/10/24-11/003/24) Cozumel's time is the same as Central Time Zone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Haven't been on the Jubilee yet but have sailed dozens of times from Galveston and each ship has been set to Galveston time. Just a point of note that although Cozumel is on Eastern Time, they do Not observe Daylight Saving Time so when the US is on DST ( between 03/10/24-11/003/24) Cozumel's time is the same as Central Time Zone.

THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly what I needed. The tour meets at 11 am Cozumel time in late March (so after the day light savings time switch). I was so confused!

Now I know that ship time and Cozumel time are the same at that time of year :). Thank you!

• Like 1