Jubilee for New Year's Eve

csm5986142

We got on Jubilee this morning and I have to say I'm impressed with Galveston's embarkation process!  

My heart kind of sank when we arrived at approximately 950 for our 10:00 to 1030 arrival appt. The traffic was bad and the line to get into the terminal ran all the way to the end of the building. But the line moved quickly, and within 15 minutes we were inside the terminal.  Within 15 Minutes we were completely through the check-in/security process, and sitting in the waiting room. At 10:55 they began boarding with priority group A, B, C, etc.

A few quick stats from chatting with a carnival rep in the waiting room - This is a completely sold out sailing, with 500 diamond passengers and 1600 platinum.

We were on the ship by 11:05. We had planned to go straight to the Excursion desk to sign up for the 'Behind the Fun" tour, but unfortunately got distracted, and by the time we got there, it was sold out. They said it sold out within 30 minutes.

This is a gorgeous ship. We have been on both Mardi Gras and Celebration, and I love the way each has its own theme.

• Like 6

I forgot to mention, in case anyone is interested in hotel information, we flew into IAH very late last night (arrived at approximately 1:30 am) so we stayed at the hotel attached to the airport. It is a Marriott property, costing about $200 total with all taxes and fees, which I thought was a little high, but worth it for the convenience. It was nice (clean and quiet).

• Like 1

This such a full ship - lines for everything.  Had to wait 1.5 hrs to get in for brunch but I guess that's the way it goes when traveling on a holiday. And they are doing a great job - the lines move fairly quickly.  

The weather is a perfect 80 degrees.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

This such a full ship - lines for everything.  Had to wait 1.5 hrs to get in for brunch but I guess that's the way it goes when traveling on a holiday. And they are doing a great job - the lines move fairly quickly.  

The weather is a perfect 80 degrees.

1.5 hours waiting for brunch wouldnt have been ok with me. That's too long. I sure hope things improve...wish I was on jubilee but maybe not this week. 

• Like 4