Cancel ship excursion

joetop2467

We have a ship excursion we booked prior to our February 5, 2024 cruise that we paid for with a credit card. If we cancel it now, will we get a credit back to our credit card or OBC?  If it’s OBC, will it be refundable or non refundable?

1 hour ago, joetop2467 said:

We have a ship excursion we booked prior to our February 5, 2024 cruise that we paid for with a credit card. If we cancel it now, will we get a credit back to our credit card or OBC?  If it’s OBC, will it be refundable or non refundable?

Did you use OBC to purchase the excursion?  
We cancelled an excursion and they refunded to OBC (equal to the amount of OBC that we used to buy our excursion) and the rest was put back on our credit card.  We had already booked other excursions, so I wasn’t going to be able to use the OBC.  I called Princess and had the amount that they put back as OBC refunded to our credit card as well.

If you didn’t use OBC to book your excursions, the money should be refunded to your CC.

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 3

If you cancel before the cruise and paid with a credit card you will be refunded to a credit card. If you cancel before the cruise and paid with onboard credit then it will go back to onboard credit. If you cancel once you are onboard no matter how you paid it will be credited to your onboard account as onboard credit.

• Like 1

I have had multiple cases where I have canceled before the cruise and my credit card was not refunded. I am glad that people have had good luck with this but it has not been my situation. I have had to call to get it refunded or else it shows up as refundable OBC on the ship.

I have had Princess employees tell me (when I call to get a refund) say "Don't you want it as OBC, everyone wants OBC" and I am saying "No - refund my credit card". Even then, it hasn't been done.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I have had multiple cases where I have canceled before the cruise and my credit card was not refunded. I am glad that people have had good luck with this but it has not been my situation. I have had to call to get it refunded or else it shows up as refundable OBC on the ship.

I have had Princess employees tell me (when I call to get a refund) say "Don't you want it as OBC, everyone wants OBC" and I am saying "No - refund my credit card". Even then, it hasn't been done.

I've had both happen.  And sometimes it's odd / partial amounts that are refunded with the rest appearing on our folio as refundable OBC.  Not sure how they figure out refund vs. additional OBC but it's totally random.

• Like 1

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/pre-cruise

Cancellation of Pre-Paid Shore Excursions:

If you have pre-paid a shore excursion and wish to cancel, the following shall also apply:

If a pre-paid shore excursion is cancelled five (5) days or more prior to sailing a refund of the pre-paid amount will be made in one of the following ways:

1. If there is a shore excursion balance for the guest named on the reservation being cancelled then the pre-paid amount shall be applied to this balance.

Or,

2. If there is no shore excursion balance for the guest named on the reservation being cancelled then the pre-paid amount will be refunded to the credit card used to pre-pay the shore excursion. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/faq/pre-cruise

Cancellation of Pre-Paid Shore Excursions:

If you have pre-paid a shore excursion and wish to cancel, the following shall also apply:

If a pre-paid shore excursion is cancelled five (5) days or more prior to sailing a refund of the pre-paid amount will be made in one of the following ways:

1. If there is a shore excursion balance for the guest named on the reservation being cancelled then the pre-paid amount shall be applied to this balance.

Or,

2. If there is no shore excursion balance for the guest named on the reservation being cancelled then the pre-paid amount will be refunded to the credit card used to pre-pay the shore excursion. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Yea - I wish that was the situation. I have had to call and literally beg for my money back when I cancelled more than 5 days out.

• Like 1