Two Midwesterners escape winter on the Eurodam.

Last night's MDR dinner.   Pork belly, Parmesan Crusted Veal and Catfish Escabeche.  Our waiters take such good care of us.  I got an extra pitcher of mushroom gravy and extra Parmesan. 

IMG_20240220_182046910.jpg

IMG_20240220_184543065.jpg

IMG_20240220_184556409.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Saphire said:

Thank you Nancy for sharing your experiences and valuable information. We will be onboard in a few weeks. Have there been any spa specials offered, specifically for massages? Thanks. 

I have heard Valerie our cruise director tout spa specials during her daily briefing but I tune it out.  I will try to find something out on our Eurodam FB page. 

Tonight's MDR dinner.  I had meatballs and prime rib.  First time the meat was basically uncuttable at the edges.  Thank goodness it was rare.  John had Caesar, out of anchovies, so he requested capers and they brought them as a topping for him. He had lasagna with extra sauce and Parm.  My baked potato was actually pretty decent but never hot enough. 

IMG_20240221_171946713.jpg

IMG_20240221_173840722.jpg

IMG_20240221_173848101.jpg

IMG_20240221_173907302.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 1

We have one more port so I am going to try to get some final thoughts shared. This is about our aft Neptune Suite 4181.  Space wise the cabin is very comfortable.  Compared to side Neptune Suite there is less space at the end of the bed but more space on the closet side of the bed.  The row of closets next to the bed gave us more than ample space for clothes, let alone the cupboard space under the coffee bar and desk. The coffee maker works but it is not that hot heat wise.  

We were in an aft Neptune on deck 7 our first leg and the layout of the balcony on the 7 aft was superior.  It has space at the back for the dining table and also space for 4 of the padded chairs that can recline.   In 4181 our table is on the side, which can mean more trouble avoiding the wind which we were plagued with almost our entire 50 days so far. 

We had adequate charging places in this large cabin with 2 USB ports next to the bed on one side only.  The carpet is tired but no worn bare spots.  Ditto for the fabric desk chair has pilling at the top.  The couch, leather side chairs and the mini chair in the make up area are all fine. 

Maintenance wise there are some small areas in the bath that are water compromised that need sanding and painting.  The bath tub has crazing and during the cruise one small chip flaked off so it has a small black spot.  I would imagine it will will be patched on Saturday before new guests. 

Our room stewards Wayan and Ricky are excellent and very efficient.  They tidy up in the evening and replace towels and ice.  One of us likes ice and ice water so they fill both the little bucket and the wine chiller. They work extremely hard and we appreciate them. 

Noise level in the cabin may be bothersome for some.  There is always the gentle rumbling of the engines.  We actually slept really well and became used to it very quickly.  There is noticable changes in engine speed as we near a port which is in the pre dawn hours.  When the Azipods is engaged that sounds right below us but it did not interfere with sleep.  Being on deck 4 even though we had our share of rough seas the rocking never was bad except a few nights.  Overall no creaking on rough days it can sound like small friction sound.  Another nice thing is being all the way aft there is little hall noise during any time of the day.  

Wifi has been overall excellent having a router in our cabin.  Very few times with slow service.  

We were pleased with our cabin but preferring deck 7 because of the balcony. 

IMG_20240222_075458960.jpg

IMG_20240220_071847337.jpg

IMG_20240220_071851091.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

We have one more port so I am going to try to get some final thoughts shared. This is about our aft Neptune Suite 4181.  Space wise the cabin is very comfortable.  Compared to side Neptune Suite there is less space at the end of the bed but more space on the closet side of the bed.  The row of closets next to the bed gave us more than ample space for clothes, let alone the cupboard space under the coffee bar and desk. The coffee maker works but it is not that hot heat wise.  

We were in an aft Neptune on deck 7 our first leg and the layout of the balcony on the 7 aft was superior.  It has space at the back for the dining table and also space for 4 of the padded chairs that can recline.   In 4181 our table is on the side, which can mean more trouble avoiding the wind which we were plagued with almost our entire 50 days so far. 

We had adequate charging places in this large cabin with 2 USB ports next to the bed on one side only.  The carpet is tired but no worn bare spots.  Ditto for the fabric desk chair has pilling at the top.  The couch, leather side chairs and the mini chair in the make up area are all fine. 

Maintenance wise there are some small areas in the bath that are water compromised that need sanding and painting.  The bath tub has crazing and during the cruise one small chip flaked off so it has a small black spot.  I would imagine it will will be patched on Saturday before new guests. 

Our room stewards Wayan and Ricky are excellent and very efficient.  They tidy up in the evening and replace towels and ice.  One of us likes ice and ice water so they fill both the little bucket and the wine chiller. They work extremely hard and we appreciate them. 

Noise level in the cabin may be bothersome for some.  There is always the gentle rumbling of the engines.  We actually slept really well and became used to it very quickly.  There is noticable changes in engine speed as we near a port which is in the pre dawn hours.  When the Azipods is engaged that sounds right below us but it did not interfere with sleep.  Being on deck 4 even though we had our share of rough seas the rocking never was bad except a few nights.  Overall no creaking on rough days it can sound like small friction sound.  Another nice thing is being all the way aft there is little hall noise during any time of the day.  

Wifi has been overall excellent having a router in our cabin.  Very few times with slow service.  

We were pleased with our cabin but preferring deck 7 because of the balcony. 

IMG_20240222_075458960.jpg

IMG_20240220_071847337.jpg

IMG_20240220_071851091.jpg

We are on the Eurodam also in Neptune Suite 4176, opposite your cabin.

We have sailed on all of the sister ships in Neptune Aft Suites on decks 8, 7, 6 and now 4.

We like the large balcony on 4, and the privacy. A couple of pictures of our setup for the balcony.

20240222_093025.jpg

20240222_093017.jpg

Edited by RSWBADGER
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, RSWBADGER said:

We are in 4176, above us is 5, it appears to be slightly smaller than 4.

It's not "slightly " smaller. The Deck 4 aft Neptune balconies are close to twice the size of any of the other aft Neptune balconies. 

We dined in Canalletto last night.  Just like our first impressions it was not worth returning to.  I had pre booked it before boarding to avoid the final dressy night.  It was meh to not good.  I had the meatballs and calorically was splurging on the shrimp and clam pasta.  No photos of our mains as we were preoccupied by the gorgeous sunset.  The sun was glinting off from the buildings of Fort Lauderdale. John had the Tretelle which he had previously and the shrimp starter.  He asked our wonderful waiter for 4 shrimp, not three and he got just that.  He enjoyed the meal but wasn't wowed by it. The meatballs lacked flavor and the pasta was was rather curly, not the spaghetti I am familiar with.  It had a lot of ooze around the edges and the oil had separated, not really pretty.  The seafood on top was perfect. 

The menu is missing the old favorites like seafood soup, veal Parm and carpaccio.  I doubt I will ever book us in there again.

The sunset photos have light reflection since taken through the windows. 

IMG_20240222_173642145.thumb.jpg.96b104868ab02dd8b7ee09e8f7eda17a.jpg

IMG_20240222_122406078.jpg

IMG_20240222_173658436.jpg

IMG_20240222_181420503.jpg

IMG_20240222_184529956.jpg

IMG_20240222_181721521.jpg

• Like 2

@RSWBADGER beautiful photos!  We were trying to have a quiet afternoon a few days ago.  The bagpiper carried all the way down to deck 4 and went on way too long. Ten minutes of piping is enough not 40. 

Our last MDR dinner.  We will miss the wonderful staff in the MDR. Rodel, Allen, Petrus, Aframe, David Cassidy, Hendra and Hanse.  We were spoiled.  We thought overall MDR superseded PG, Tamarind and Canalletto.  

Jerk egg roll, tuna and salmon poke, barbequed brisket and crispy shrimp.  

IMG_20240223_171807884.jpg

IMG_20240223_171813138.jpg

IMG_20240223_173738013.jpg

IMG_20240223_173741957.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are welcome.  I will continue to add some additional thoughts during our leisurely drive home.  Such as the overnight car wash and my lost Brugal rum.  

We are tying up now in Port Everglades.  

IMG_20240224_060023447.jpg

• Like 5

12 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

The bagpiper carried all the way down to deck 4 and went on way too long. Ten minutes of piping is enough not 40. 

We had an issue with a bagpiper on our Mediterranean cruise. Every single sail away we were "treated" to their playing. It really marred what otherwise would have been wonderful moments on our balcony.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sea42 said:

We had an issue with a bagpiper on our Mediterranean cruise. Every single sail away we were "treated" to their playing. It really marred what otherwise would have been wonderful moments on our balcony.

A lot of people were talking about it and not in a positive light.  

• Like 1