British Isles

devolve

28 minutes ago, david63 said:

One of the things that you will probably find is that there will be a lot of Americans onboard as they tend to like the British Isles cruises, with any cruise line.

Can't say we noticed more US passengers but then we didn't look out for them. What I would say is noticeable, is the average age of the passengers is higher than some other itineraries.

12 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Can't say we noticed more US passengers but then we didn't look out for them. What I would say is noticeable, is the average age of the passengers is higher than some other itineraries.

Yes, I think that is right, though it might be younger in August. I have been on two cruises in the summer, though not in August, and on both the weather was fairly grim. For me Orkney was the highlight and yours doesn’t go there.

36 minutes ago, david63 said:

One of the things that you will probably find is that there will be a lot of Americans onboard as they tend to like the British Isles cruises, with any cruise line.

You are correct @david63 because the subject is a Queen Mary 2 cruise.

Of course, when one gets 'out and about' around the ship one will meet many passengers from shores outside of the UK: mainly American and German.

We did QV in August

our itinerary was

Southampton, England, UK
At Sea For 1 Day
Edinburgh (tours fromNewhaven), Sco
Kirkwall, Scotland, UK
At Sea For 1 Day
Glasgow (tours from Greenock),Scotl
Isle of Mull Scenic Cruising, Unite
Belfast, NI, UK
Liverpool, England, UK
At Sea For 1 Day
Holyhead, Wales, Great Britain
At Sea For 1 Day
Southampton, England, UK
Embark Ship
Arrive Early Morning, Tender Required, Depart Early Evening
Arrive Early Morning, Depart Early Evening
Arrive Early Morning, Depart Early Evening Arrive Morning, Cruise By, Depart Afternoon
Arrive Early Morning, Depart Early Evening Arrive Morning, Depart Afternoon
Arrive Early Morning, Tender Required, Depart Afternoon
Debark Ship

We enjoyed all the ports especially Liverpool and cork

noticeably older UK crowd and yes more Americans.

id say go for it!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, I think that is right, though it might be younger in August. I have been on two cruises in the summer, though not in August, and on both the weather was fairly grim. For me Orkney was the highlight and yours doesn’t go there.

Having cruised B.I. May/June/July and August, having children onboard during the summer holidays would bring the average age down, but there were still more older passengers than usual. The on dit pre Covid being apparently, if illness strikes, it's easier to leave the ship and thus insurance isn't quite the issue it could be say, in the Med.

We have experienced sleet [May] hail, fog, sweltering heat, brilliant sunshine, lightening and torrential rain.

No wonder the British past time inconsequential chat is often weather related.🙂

edit

Nationalitles

Americans and other nationalities, of course but not necessarily 'more' Americans as many of our QV cruises have had a good number of visitors from across 'the pond'.

Edited by Victoria2

We were on the same sailing as craigrlewis and would thoroughly recommend it.

Certainly at 64 I didn’t feel old.

Very nice group of passengers, seemed more UK than US.

The weather was often not the best but it didn’t really impact anything till heavy fog on the last sea day blocked our view of Wolf Rock and Eddystone Lighthouses just 3 miles off the ship.