Power strips allowed

markf

If you look up "cruise power strip" on Amazon, you'll come up with a bunch of options. The Amazon store "Cruise On" has a bunch of options, plus cruise lanyards, luggage tag protectors, etc.

I bought "TESSAN" plug adapters to change the European plugs to North American, and each one has multiple plugs plus additional USB-A plugs. We ended up not really needing so many, but better to have too many and not need them than the reverse.

Posted (edited)

Pack and bring a mix of these, depending on the ship, should suffice - triple outlet power tap by GE and a 220v to 120v adapter is a must.  Always bring along wa multiport USB charger-power adapter plus 2x 10 ft. USB extension. 

Always keep them in your hand luggage or carry-on, port security typically are not looking out for these at X-ray screening. 

PXL_20220117_030459732.jpg

PXL_20230903_175215075.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Anything with 2 prongs will  be OK I bring these less than 10 bucks and use a multiple USB adapter at the end.  Most stuff nowadays is not 3 prong unless you have a CPAP or something like that.

71eHjtlmiwL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

• Like 1

Dollar Tree here in the US at times sells cheapie, 3-plug non-surge protected power strips that I've taken on MANY NCL cruises with no issues whatsoever.  Maybe bc it's so small I've never had an issue with it being questioned by NCL but, like I said before, I've been using it for almost 7 years.

This has become less of an issue now that NCL has upgraded to powered USB plugs on the newer/refurbished ships.  Just bring along the appropriate USB cable & plug it in!