Hong Kong disembarkation (Kai Tak Cruise terminal) time _off Celebrity Solstice

thuyronald

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out transfer for my family of 6 adults (with 2 elderly parents) from Kai Tak cruise terminal in Hong Kong to our hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui area of Kowloon on March 15, 2024.

Our ship will dock there at 6:00 am, so I assume we will need to get off the ship by 8:30 am at the latest?  We will need to go through immigration afterwards before heading out to our transport.

I've heard that taxis are not adequate (hopefully this is still not the case) at this cruise terminal, so I'm trying to arrange a private transfer.  However, I'm not sure what time to inform them to pick us up.

Does anyone know roughly what time I should book my transfer?  Would 9:30 am be about right?

If anyone has disembarked from Kai Tak cruise terminal in the last 6 months, please kindly let me know what your experience was at this terminal.

Thanks for any assistance.

image.png

I'm also following. Disembarking the same day and going to the same area. 

Is the following statement because there are 6 of you? We are 2 and were going to get a taxi.

I've heard that taxis are not adequate (hopefully this is still not the case) at this cruise terminal.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:58 AM, thuyronald said:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out transfer for my family of 6 adults (with 2 elderly parents) from Kai Tak cruise terminal in Hong Kong to our hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui area of Kowloon on March 15, 2024.

Our ship will dock there at 6:00 am, so I assume we will need to get off the ship by 8:30 am at the latest?  We will need to go through immigration afterwards before heading out to our transport.

I've heard that taxis are not adequate (hopefully this is still not the case) at this cruise terminal, so I'm trying to arrange a private transfer.  However, I'm not sure what time to inform them to pick us up.

Does anyone know roughly what time I should book my transfer?  Would 9:30 am be about right?

If anyone has disembarked from Kai Tak cruise terminal in the last 6 months, please kindly let me know what your experience was at this terminal.

Thanks for any assistance.

image.png

@thuyronald, check out the below live thread (still going and strong). 

The author, @mahdnc,  has very detailed descriptions for the entire trip including pre/post cruise.  You should find many useful info.  Perhas post any of your additional questions there.

According to this, it was a disaster. The ship paused disembarkation for some time. The taxi line is very long, they don't take credit cards and there is no nearby ATM. These people were delayed by at least an hour to get off the ship. I have a 12:30 flight, and I am going to check when I get on board if the ship airport transfer will get me there on time. 

We disembarked this morning. Could not have been any easier. Hong Kong taxis take only Hong Kong cash, but you may find that your driver would agree to take you to the hotel, and the hotel could give you the cash in exchange for whatever currency you have. (That worked for us in Moscow). No personal experience, but Uber does operate in Hong Kong. Cruise director says that technically it’s illegal, but it’s there nonetheless, and it’s the drivers who would get in trouble, not the passengers.

We used a baggage delivery system that we discovered as we were walking to the taxi line. They took our bags to their storage in the airport (easily accessed once we arrived to the airport 10 hours later) and helped us find a city bus to take us sight-seeing. Very pleased it’s their service nd how easy it made our day. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thuyronald said:

I'm going to use this company https://myhktour.com/.  for my transfer and tour.  Their rates are more reasonable than a few other company that I've contacted previously.  Our Celebrity Solstice will be arriving in Hong Kong on  March 15th.

Thanks so much I’ll take a look at their website. 

I have reserved transfers for this weekend prior to starting on our cruise.  A168 Limousine Hong Kong <a168hklimo@gmail.com>  i have reserved  a good size van to carry 3 adults and 5 large suitcases.

49 minutes ago, Dr. Pam said:

I have reserved transfers for this weekend prior to starting on our cruise.  A168 Limousine Hong Kong <a168hklimo@gmail.com>  i have reserved  a good size van to carry 3 adults and 5 large suitcases.

Thanks, I’ll also check it out.