EZ Air Question(s)

Robkat

@Robkat, even if u are able to talk to EZAir I am not sure what you think you can accomplish? @Steelers36response in post #11 pretty much explains your situation and options. ITA /Alitalia does not allow seat assignment till you are ticketed, EZAir normally does not ticket till 45 days before flight or saildate, and even sometimes later, you can request early ticketing but lose possible refare with fare drops. 

It appears ITA is the only option for the nonstop, so are you so concerned about your seat assignment to do early ticketing or just wait till ticketed when EZAir makes payment?

I have a different phone # for EZ Air that I just used this morning- 800-252-7248. I was able to get right through to them (9:00 AM).

Also, we flew our return flight last June from Rome on ITA. We flew Business Class and had no problem with the experience (although the menu was not to my liking, but I’m a picky eater). We were able to choose our seats right at our initial booking with EZ Air, and there was no upcharge to do so. (Unlike my experience this morning with British Airways- to choose our seats early, they charged us almost $600 for round trip tickets for 2 in Business Class. I’ve had that happen before with BA, and I can’t believe I fell into that trap again!)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

@Robkat, even if u are able to talk to EZAir I am not sure what you think you can accomplish? @Steelers36response in post #11 pretty much explains your situation and options. ITA /Alitalia does not allow seat assignment till you are ticketed, EZAir normally does not ticket till 45 days before flight or saildate, and even sometimes later, you can request early ticketing but lose possible refare with fare drops. 

It appears ITA is the only option for the nonstop, so are you so concerned about your seat assignment to do early ticketing or just wait till ticketed when EZAir makes payment?

Well, not having used EZ Air before, my questions were to try to educate us about experiences others have had.  But also to see, having thought that after booking with EZ Air that seat selection was possible, why we weren't able to do so.

This whole thread has been very enlightening and we've learned a lot, about what we can expect and what we shouldn't! 😂

After reading all these posts, and making decisions based on experiences and suggestions, we were able to get seat selections into our ITA record, via an EZ Air agent, which we now know is the best we can do until the flights are paid for.

As I said previously, the info we gleaned from all your replies, helped us understand how this program works, and helped us decide where we needed to do more research and where we should act.

I'll send out our thanks again to all who took time to help us out.

• Like 2

@Robkat, thank you for you reply. Airline bookings in general can be very complicated plus adding EZAir ticketing and it’s quirks such as possible consolidator fare codes, when it is actually ticketed, can make your head spin.

Would you confirm if your actual ITA record/booking now has seats assigned, or did EZAir just note ‘requested’ seats in your EZAir record? So going to the ITA website and pulling up your booking, does it now show your seats have been assigned?

In some of my past EZAir bookings, EZAir let’s you ‘request’ seats, but it is usually with the caveat of we just pass this onto the airline, but not confirmed.

Many airlines have the requirement the booking needs to be ticketed before you can select seats whether they are no fee to pick or still cost unless you wait till check in at 24 hours before flight.

I have a flight LAX to FLL on Delta booked on EZAir for May 2024. Delta will not allow me to select a seat till it is ticketed, which should be late March.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@Robkat, thank you for you reply. Airline bookings in general can be very complicated plus adding EZAir ticketing and it’s quirks such as possible consolidator fare codes, when it is actually ticketed, can make your head spin.

Would you confirm if your actual ITA record/booking now has seats assigned, or did EZAir just note ‘requested’ seats in your EZAir record? So going to the ITA website and pulling up your booking, does it now show your seats have been assigned?

In some of my past EZAir bookings, EZAir let’s you ‘request’ seats, but it is usually with the caveat of we just pass this onto the airline, but not confirmed.

Many airlines have the requirement the booking needs to be ticketed before you can select seats whether they are no fee to pick or still cost unless you wait till check in at 24 hours before flight.

I have a flight LAX to FLL on Delta booked on EZAir for May 2024. Delta will not allow me to select a seat till it is ticketed, which should be late March.

After working with the EZ Air agent, we called ITA Customer Service, and after giving the agent our locator number, he told us that we had the seats we selected on our record.

Once our cruise final is paid, we will contact ITA to pay the seat selection fee directly to the airline. 

So ... we feel OK about where things stand.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FirstTeacher said:

I have a different phone # for EZ Air that I just used this morning- 800-252-7248. I was able to get right through to them (9:00 AM).

Also, we flew our return flight last June from Rome on ITA. We flew Business Class and had no problem with the experience (although the menu was not to my liking, but I’m a picky eater). We were able to choose our seats right at our initial booking with EZ Air, and there was no upcharge to do so. (Unlike my experience this morning with British Airways- to choose our seats early, they charged us almost $600 for round trip tickets for 2 in Business Class. I’ve had that happen before with BA, and I can’t believe I fell into that trap again!)

Thanks for the contact info... it's good to have as many options as possible.

Good to hear that your experience with ITA was alright, we were a little worried.  

3 hours ago, FirstTeacher said:

Not sure where you got the number, but it worked for me.  The agent said they are open 24/7.  However, at least at the time I called (~9:30pm SAT), it was definitely an overseas location.

On BA, I have read about that seat selection surcharge.  Last Fall, I had switched an EzAir booking to a BA/AA combination and did not have any seat charges for Business Class.  The AA portion was the overseas leg from LHR and it was a codeshare with BA operating. 

I am very wary of using BA, but the deal was just too good to ignore.

My airfare doesn’t have to be paid until final payment in April.   I am booked in BC on my flight to Barcelona with United and the return is in PE on AA.   If I don’t buy insurance from Princess and had to cancel my trip would I get air credit to use in the next year or two from United and AA?  I do have insurance for the cruise segment..

20 hours ago, wallyj said:

I am surprised you are not able to book seats on Delta, unless it is not a Delta operated flight.  (Booked through Delta but operated by a different airline)   If you have a Delta Skymiles account, attach your number to your EZAir booking and log into your Delta account online and select your seats.  I have always been able to select seats directly on Delta.  BTW-  It helps with most of the Domestic airlines if you have a Frequent Flyer number attached to your booking,  you will be able to see your booking on the airline account when you log in.   

5 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

My airfare doesn’t have to be paid until final payment in April.   I am booked in BC on my flight to Barcelona with United and the return is in PE on AA.   If I don’t buy insurance from Princess and had to cancel my trip would I get air credit to use in the next year or two from United and AA?  I do have insurance for the cruise segment..

If you cancel before 45 days prior to your sailing the air would be cancelled unless you did early ticketing.  If you cancel after the 45 days prior you would own the ticket and it would fall under the Airline rules which I believe would give you a credit.  

Just now, peagreenid said:

If you cancel before 45 days prior to your sailing the air would be cancelled unless you did early ticketing.  If you cancel after the 45 days prior you would own the ticket and it would fall under the Airline rules which I believe would give you a credit.  

That’s what I thought until a few minutes ago.  I called Princess and they transferred me to EZAir.  The rep told me that if I cancelled the cruise the airfare will cancel even if the ticket was paid in full.  I questioned her and she said that she asked a supervisor.   I don’t think that is correct so I am going to call Monday.