Current Onboard Booking Promo

clojacks

Does anyone know what the current onboard booking promo is? We are sailing on the Marina in mid-March and just saw a Barcelona to cape Town cruise that looks real inviting, but are wondering if we should jump on what looks like a real good price right now, or wait to book onboard?

31 minutes ago, clojacks said:

Does anyone know what the current onboard booking promo is? We are sailing on the Marina in mid-March and just saw a Barcelona to cape Town cruise that looks real inviting, but are wondering if we should jump on what looks like a real good price right now, or wait to book onboard?

Not sure the attached will be in effect buy he is what I was given in November 2023.  See attached.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Oceania_On_Board_Discount_11192023.jpg

25 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Not sure the attached will be in effect buy he is what I was given in November 2023.  See attached.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Oceania_On_Board_Discount_11192023.jpg

I wish everyone getting all excited about advantages of on board booking would also point out that it is not the "can't lose" no brainer it used to be. With imposition of new penalties, you no longer can get all of your deposit back if you decide to cancel (other than making your allowed one time switch to a different cruise.) At least that was the way it was explained to me on my recent cruise on Vista. I said no thank you, as we like to keep our options open. Also we are finding an increasing number of sale fares under which on board booking benefits are ineligible, except, of course for the reduced deposit.

41 minutes ago, edgee said:

I wish everyone getting all excited about advantages of on board booking would also point out that it is not the "can't lose" no brainer it used to be. With imposition of new penalties, you no longer can get all of your deposit back if you decide to cancel (other than making your allowed one time switch to a different cruise.) At least that was the way it was explained to me on my recent cruise on Vista. I said no thank you, as we like to keep our options open. Also we are finding an increasing number of sale fares under which on board booking benefits are ineligible, except, of course for the reduced deposit.

Pick the cruise that we wanted as a group of four we all agreed. We enjoyed the cruise we were on, and you that by going on the Vista we’d probably enjoy it more in the future. I have no knowledge of Past on board promotions. So to me, with this is all I know, seem to be a pretty good deal for my situation 

Cruise well, and enjoy every moment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clojacks said:

If you are talking about the current 'New Year Sale' promo, that particular promo is valid until 29 Feb.

That current sale price displayed is a separate matter to the 'book onboard' advantages.

Will that particular sailing be part of any new sale promo come mid March ?

I guess you could make that assessment closer to the 29 Feb date. 

2 hours ago, clojacks said:

If you book within thirty days prior to embark, O will extend to you the BoB price.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Out of interest, will the other book onboard advantages also apply, or is it only the fare reduction ?

I don’t see why not since, if you booked within the 30 day precruise window, you could always ask the O Club Ambassador to adjust your booking once onboard. 

• Thanks 1

Though whenever you do book, either on ship or not, see if there is an O sale going on. There seemingly was one pretty much every month in 2023. At least 6-8 major sales. And keep in mind that if you book on board and there isn't a sale for the cruise you book, that cruise could later come up on a sale and you might revise the booking under the sale.

21 hours ago, clojacks said:

If I recall, those itineraries were just released (a few days ago?); however when I looked at the online availability there are a few categories either that are Guarantee or Waitlist already. My perspective: When I was debating booking a cruise for last June (looking in December/January), I kept track of availability by seeing how many cabins were still available in my chosen categories. When inventory dwindled below my comfort level, I booked; in my case the price was unlikely to go lower since sale-prices are typically only applicable to cabins with high availability. If you have the time, track the availability and, if possible (based on your desires), wait until the 30-day pre-cruise window (but before Feb 29th) to get any applicable onboard booking perks (as mentioned by others) along with the NY-sale. Even if onboard perks are minimal, you'll get the price guarantee which can be valuable later. Note also that this cruise is an O-Club 10% sale ("expires" March 31st); I doubt it would be the better deal, but with combinability allowances/restrictions it never hurts to ask (especially if you have additional perks like TA, Amex, etc.).