Booking the next cruise whilst onboard. Main advantages (if any) please

Harters

Some facts on US based agencies:

They can book a cruise with all of the benefits that the on board agent can starting about 20 to 30 days prior to boarding. I did it because there was only one decent cabin left and I doubt it would have been available if I waited. I am not sure if they can do it post cruise nor give you  future cruise certificates.

Independent authorized agents have very strict rules from Oceania on discounts and what they can give you. You won't see much variance between larger agencies. Some of the smaller store front agencies will be a little higher due to their operating costs. One of the advantages with the independent agents is most of them can book 3rd party tours, different insurance, and transfers. They can also tell you that you are better off with another cruise or cruise line. Disadvantage is communications from O to you through an agency can be delayed for various reasons

In the past when you called O, the call was likely to be routed to a contracted agency. I think that is still the case.

On 4/19/2024 at 8:37 PM, alcpa1 said:

I know what the fine print says but we were able to book another sailing for friends who were not onboard with the same perks we got. Perhaps it was due to their O status. I was surprised, to say the least.

IMG_1168.jpeg

• Like 1