Video from Speakeasy on MSC World Europa New Year's Eve...

Stockjock

As mentioned, we spent NYE in the Speakeasy on World Europa and I did a video on at least part of the process.  They said don't give the secret away, so I won't do that...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

As mentioned, we spent NYE in the Speakeasy on World Europa and I did a video on at least part of the process.  They said don't give the secret away, so I won't do that...

Those stairs plus alcohol consumption: What could possibly go wrong??

17 minutes ago, maehara said:

Not being included in any of the drinks packages probably limits the potential damage. 😏

Not from the speakeasy "pre-gaming" elsewhere on the ship. 

2 hours ago, no1talks said:

Those stairs plus alcohol consumption: What could possibly go wrong??

I suggested the GF not wear heels, but she's 5'1" or 155 cm, so there was no way that was going to happen.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Great video, we were on the same cruise a couple of weeks earlier. That ensemble in the Speakeasy was excellent, especially the singer from the Ukraine. I think the Speakeasy really flummoxed people! We got an invite the first day, had a blast. 

• Like 1

There are drinks available on the menu that are included - I think it may be only the Premium package, though (we had Premium so I can only speak to that). 

I feel quite ambivalent about the Speakeasy, as it’s arbitrary as to who and how one receives an ‘invitation’.  IMHO, it’s an incredibly unfair system.  We actually received 2 separate ’invites’ while many others onboard never received any (we gave one pair of tokens to another couple). Some in YC seemed to be able to get as many as they wanted.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

There are drinks available on the menu that are included - I think it may be only the Premium package, though (we had Premium so I can only speak to that). 

I feel quite ambivalent about the Speakeasy, as it’s arbitrary as to who and how one receives an ‘invitation’.  IMHO, it’s an incredibly unfair system.  We actually received 2 separate ’invites’ while many others onboard never received any (we gave one pair of tokens to another couple). Some in YC seemed to be able to get as many as they wanted.

Good to know.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:41 PM, Beamafar said:

FWIW, early on, I ran into the hotel director who was hanging out with the finance director and I asked him about the Speakeasy.  I didn't know who they were, but I figured they were senior officers.  The conversation went something like this...

Me: Excuse me, I have a question.  Do you know how we can get an invitation to the Speakeasy?

(They looked at each other)

Hotel Director: Is this your first cruise on MSC?

Me: No, we've been on a number of MSC cruises.

Hotel Director: I see.  And are you here alone, or do you have small children with you?

Me: It's just the two of us.

Hotel Director: I'll be right back.

He returned a few minutes later with a couple of invitations.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:41 PM, Beamafar said:

I dont disagree, although I feel the reason it's special and interesting is that there isn't a set protocol to get tickets, so makes it more fun