Ice Show on Mariner of the Seas

I haven't cruises on this class ship in a while.  Years ago you had to get a ticket for the ice show once onboard.  Can someone tell me how it works now?  Thanks so much.  We sail next week.

27 minutes ago, hisfirstm8 said:

I haven't cruises on this class ship in a while.  Years ago you had to get a ticket for the ice show once onboard.  Can someone tell me how it works now?  Thanks so much.  We sail next week.

I can't speak for Mariner specifically but it has been a long time since I've encountered a Voyager/Freedom class ship doing anything but first come first served for the ice shows.

Was also on Mariner in August.  No tickets needed.  First come first seat.  And, with it being Mariner, and the fact that they have multiple shows during the cruise - it's safe to say you won't miss the show.  IMO, ice shows are the best shows on the ship 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Previously Diamond Plus tier was always allowed to attend any show. Is that still allowed and how does that work?

Everyone is invited to watch any ice show, regardless of C&A status.  Since there aren't any reservations needed (or even available, for that matter) on Mariner, it is strictly first come, first served.  In the past, D+ were allowed to use the reserved seating area but on some ships that is no longer the case.  I can't recall whether Mariner still allows D+ to sit in the reserved area or not but even if they aren't, there are plenty of good seats as long as you don't wait until the last minute to get there.

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Everyone is invited to watch any ice show, regardless of C&A status.  Since there aren't any reservations needed (or even available, for that matter) on Mariner, it is strictly first come, first served.  In the past, D+ were allowed to use the reserved seating area but on some ships that is no longer the case.  I can't recall whether Mariner still allows D+ to sit in the reserved area or not but even if they aren't, there are plenty of good seats as long as you don't wait until the last minute to get there.

Is that also true for the production shows?

1 minute ago, cruzsnooze said:

Is that also true for the production shows?

Yes, the production shows also do not require reservations (on Mariner).  i believe, but do not know for sure, that D+ are still allowed to sit in the reserved section for theater shows.  Don't quote me on that...I just can't remember....but I think it's only the ice shows where they (sometimes) restricted D+.  Best to just ask the Crown Lounge Concierge.

The only accommodation that we have ever encountered at the production shows when we were D+ was that the balcony seating was sometimes reserved for D+ and Pinnacle. Did not see anything like this in the theatre on our Mariner cruises in 2023. As for the ice shows, the only reserved seating was for full suites and pinnacles.