Refundable or Non-refundable deposit

HSBC

If I booked a cruise directly from Holland America website, how can I know whether this is refundable or non-refundable deposit?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, HSBC said:

If I booked a cruise directly from Holland America website, how can I know whether this is refundable or non-refundable deposit?

If you followed the Best Price option, deposit is nonrefundable. If you chose the Best Value (Have-It-All) option, it is refundable. If you want a refundable deposit but bare bones cruise, you have to make a phonecall or work through a Personal Cruise Consultant and specify the Advantage Fare.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HSBC said:

Thanks!

The web site terms will show if non refundable (before you book). You need to call your TA to get various prices and costs of add ons (like OBC, refundable deposits, etc) if not wanting HIA. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HSBC said:

Thanks!

Look at your invoice, near the bottom there is a table of  "Cancellation Fee Schedule" with dates and $ values.

If non-refundable, your deposit is that first entry (final payment date). If a refundable deposit that entry would be $0.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

If you followed the Best Price option, deposit is nonrefundable. If you chose the Best Value (Have-It-All) option, it is refundable. If you want a refundable deposit but bare bones cruise, you have to make a phonecall or work through a Personal Cruise Consultant and specify the Advantage Fare.

I am not certain that the Have It All Option is currently refundable.  After pursuing several fares on different journeys I don't see any mention of it being refundable.  When I read the T&Cs for the HIA option, there isn't any mention of it being refundable, but it does state this:

"Entire Wave Offer has no cash value, is subject to availability, is capacity controlled, may be modified or withdrawn at any time, is available for new bookings only, is not combinable with any other discounts, and is neither transferable nor refundable."

1 hour ago, BSR said:

Can non refundable OBC be used to pay for the crew appreciation?

Absolutely! Even though the website may state otherwise; the daily charge will be deducted from any non-refundable OBC first then will come from the refundable balance. You can see these amounts at the bottom of yoyr statement on your TV and in the Navigator App. 

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Absolutely! Even though the website may state otherwise; the daily charge will be deducted from any non-refundable OBC first then will come from the refundable balance. You can see these amounts at the bottom of yoyr statement on your TV and in the Navigator App. 

Thanks

• Like 1