Help with Oceania Cruises

Islander500

Hello, 

I have been trying to find cruise options for a Norwegian fjords cruise on this cruise line in late summer 2025 or even 2026 but am find nothing.  Since I'm new to this line, was wondering if anyone can help? (I'm on hold with the cruise line so thought I'd post here while I wait.) Is it possible they are not yet released?  

I apologize in advance.  Looking to change to other lines/smaller ships (from Celebrity) so may be annoyingly present here at least for awhile.

Thanks all! 

7 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Hello, 

I have been trying to find cruise options for a Norwegian fjords cruise on this cruise line in late summer 2025 or even 2026 but am find nothing.  Since I'm new to this line, was wondering if anyone can help? (I'm on hold with the cruise line so thought I'd post here while I wait.) Is it possible they are not yet released?  

I apologize in advance.  Looking to change to other lines/smaller ships (from Celebrity) so may be annoyingly present here at least for awhile.

Thanks all! 

The latest currently listed Fjord cruise are in June 2025.  The next release should cover the rest of '25.

Thanks so much! I was wondering if they were not yet released. I almost booked in June because we do want to go summer of 2025, but prefer a later date to celebrate an anniversary in August.         

• Like 1

I hope my suggestion will be acceptable on an Oceania thread. I am here to learn about the Oceania experience, in hopes of finding some Mediterranean itineraries that are unavailable on Viking, my cruise line of choice.

I am not a cold weather fan for vacations, but I know enough about Viking's offerings to report that they have a strong presence in Scandanavia, with a variety of options available. They already have dates available for all of 2025 and much of 2026. Perhaps you might find something that suits your August anniversary there.

Again, as a likely future Oceania cruiser myself, I hope my advice will be recognized as an attempt to be helpful. From what my research here has shown me so far, it seems that Viking and Oceania are similar, and both are very popular. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 3:54 PM, Snaefell3 said:

Keep an eye on Norway's politicians.  There is talk about banning cruise ships from Norway's fjords unless they are zero-emission fueled.

And I believe that Hurtigruten has done this or is well along in the process.

• Like 1

We took a lovely Norwegian fjords cruise on Holland America last May.  You should take a look.  We were on the N. Statendam.  Larger than Oceania ships, but smaller than most Celebrity and RCCL ships. 

As Snaefell3 pointed out, the larger ships may be baned from Norway this next season.

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 5:42 PM, lackcreativity said:

I hope my suggestion will be acceptable on an Oceania thread. I am here to learn about the Oceania experience, in hopes of finding some Mediterranean itineraries that are unavailable on Viking, my cruise line of choice.

I am not a cold weather fan for vacations, but I know enough about Viking's offerings to report that they have a strong presence in Scandanavia, with a variety of options available. They already have dates available for all of 2025 and much of 2026. Perhaps you might find something that suits your August anniversary there.

Again, as a likely future Oceania cruiser myself, I hope my advice will be recognized as an attempt to be helpful. From what my research here has shown me so far, it seems that Viking and Oceania are similar, and both are very popular. 

Thank you.  I actually looked at Viking options as my 1st choice.  Both Oceania & Viking would be new lines to try for us.  But I couldn’t find an itinerary on Viking which I preferred.  I would rather stay on the European mainland rather than start or end in Iceland.  I also saw an Azamara itinerary which looked interesting but I prefer the newer ships.  

On 1/11/2024 at 10:25 AM, Iamthesea said:

We took a lovely Norwegian fjords cruise on Holland America last May.  You should take a look.  We were on the N. Statendam.  Larger than Oceania ships, but smaller than most Celebrity and RCCL ships. 

As Snaefell3 pointed out, the larger ships may be baned from Norway this next season.

We did a Hurtigruten Norwegian coastal cruise a few years ago. On the Lofoten, now retired. 100 pax! Loved it so much.

norway2.jpg

On 1/9/2024 at 6:54 PM, Snaefell3 said:

Keep an eye on Norway's politicians.  There is talk about banning cruise ships from Norway's fjords unless they are zero-emission fueled.

There are some recent articles out there within the past 2 days that indicate the ban will begin in 2026 unless the ship is zero emissions. So book up if you want to cruise with Oceania there. 

On 1/9/2024 at 3:54 PM, Snaefell3 said:

Are other countries doing or soon to be doing the same. IIRC Antarctica has is is.

We are booked on Oceania Sirena Hamburg to Oslo - I'm trying to figure out if we are likely to see fjords from ship or if we have to book a separate excursion.  I can't seem to find any real details about the cruise other than just a listing of the ports.  Maybe given this new emission issue we just need to look at a separate excursion?

26 minutes ago, chocchic said:

We are booked on Oceania Sirena Hamburg to Oslo ... I can't seem to find any real details about the cruise other than just a listing of the ports.

If you go to a cruise's description on O's website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/northern-fjords-cruises/hamburg-to-oslo-SIR240731/?sr=%2Fnorthern-fjords-cruises

and click on a port name, it will take you to the list of excursions for that port.  "Tour Description ▼" will give some details, and then "More▼" will add more.

On 1/9/2024 at 4:54 PM, Snaefell3 said:

Hope they aren't looking forward to any cruise passengers until at least 2030, then.  That's when the first 'zero emission' ship MAY launch.  Gee, and that launch is planned by the company Hurtigruten Norway.  Wonder how that happened? 🤔

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hope they aren't looking forward to any cruise passengers until at least 2030, then.  That's when the first 'zero emission' ship MAY launch.

I'd phrase it as "they *are* looking forward to no cruise pax".  "They" being certain folks-with-an-agenda, not the tourist industry folks in Flåm.   (Which is as close to discussing politics in the GDR or on CC as I'll get)

"It's a feature, not a bug"

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Other cruiselines we've been on (Celebrity, Princess, HAL) seem to offer new itineraries in the late fall each year.  Is Oceania the same?  Interested in 2026 Caribbean, South America and Europe cruises.

On 1/15/2024 at 7:31 PM, Snaefell3 said:

"They" being certain folks-with-an-agenda,

I generally prefer political folks with an agenda, to those without. You know where you are with them. 

• Like 1