Princess Guarantee Cabin Question

Italy52

If you have a guarantee cabin, does Princess notify you when assignment has been made?  I know the timing can take a while, I am more concerned about the notification process. Thanks.

In my experience, Princess usually sends and e-mail.  Sometimes it can end up in your spam folder.  If you stay in the same category, the e-mail will come as a new Booking Confirmation e-mail.  If you've been upgraded, the e-mail will come as an Upgrade Notification.  If Princess changes your cabin a 2nd time (it does happen, usually an upgrade), then these don't usually entail any sort of notification.  You'll have to check your Travel Summary or the app.  If you don't receive a cabin assignment notification a month prior to sailing, start checking your Travel Summary or app with frequency.

• Thanks 1

Just now, FirstTeacher said:

I’ve only done it once, for my upcoming May cruise. I received an email about 6-7 weeks after I signed up for it.

Thank you for the prompt response, I appreciate it.  Our cruise will be May 18 of this year.  I was also wondering how a guarantee would affect the medallion if the cabin was not assigned in enough time.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Just now, Italy52 said:

I was also wondering how a guarantee would affect the medallion if the cabin was not assigned in enough time.

Medallions aren't activated until check-in at the port.  Until then, it's useless.  By the time you check-in you'll have an absolute and final cabin assignment.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SCX22 said:

In my experience, Princess usually sends and e-mail.  Sometimes it can end up in your spam folder.  If you stay in the same category, the e-mail will come as a new Booking Confirmation e-mail.  If you've been upgraded, the e-mail will come as an Upgrade Notification.  If Princess changes your cabin a 2nd time (it does happen, usually an upgrade), then these don't usually entail any sort of notification.  You'll have to check your Travel Summary or the app.  If you don't receive a cabin assignment notification a month prior to sailing, start checking your Travel Summary or app with frequency.

Thanks for the detailed response, I appreciate it.  Since the sale is still on, we decided to go from an inside to a guarantee delux balcony cabin. 

23 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for the detailed response, I appreciate it.  Since the sale is still on, we decided to go from an inside to a guarantee delux balcony cabin. 

Our GTY, we found out about 2 weeks before sailing. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Our GTY, we found out about 2 weeks before sailing. 

Did you hear from Princess or did you just look at your Personalizer for your room assignment?

12 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Did you hear from Princess or did you just look at your Personalizer for your room assignment?

I checked my cruise personalizer every day (lol).  The email was sent to my TA and they forwarded it to me.  I saw it before my TA sent it.

We did get the category we wanted on the GTY and it was a great cabin!

If you get a cabin you don’t want for some reason, you can change it for another cabin in the same category.  Your TA or whomever booked it for you. Problem is, very full ships these days.

• Thanks 1

Yes...  the first place that you might see this is to pull up your cruise online.

I do not know how the new App is working!

Good luck with your GTY Deluxe Balcony!!!

Just FYI...  once you get your room assignment, if there are any other cabins with the exact same category that might be in a better location, you can do a switch.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I checked my cruise personalizer every day (lol).  The email was sent to my TA and they forwarded it to me.  I saw it before my TA sent it.

We did get the category we wanted on the GTY and it was a great cabin!

If you get a cabin you don’t want for some reason, you can change it for another cabin in the same category.  Your TA or whomever booked it for you. Problem is, very full ships these days.

Thanks.  My trip is a true 14-day cruise to Alaska.  I am thinking my cabin will have to come from the inventory that Princess is not showing.  I went in to the 7-day northbound and 7-day cruises that make up my 14- day cruise to see if there were any cabins that were identical to both cruises and there were none.  Hence, the cabin will have to come from the "secret stash"  I am assuming. 

1 minute ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks.  My trip is a true 14-day cruise to Alaska.  I am thinking my cabin will have to come from the inventory that Princess is not showing.  I went in to the 7-day northbound and 7-day cruises that make up my 14- day cruise to see if there were any cabins that were identical to both cruises and there were none.  Hence, the cabin will have to come from the "secret stash"  I am assuming. 

Yes, or cancellations or you may get a higher category.  Probably nothing will happen until after FP anyway.  Best of luck!

2 hours ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you for the prompt response, I appreciate it.  Our cruise will be May 18 of this year.  I was also wondering how a guarantee would affect the medallion if the cabin was not assigned in enough time.  I guess I will just have to wait and see.

The "mating" of a medallion with a specific cabin is done at check in, as @SCX22 states.  It is simply an entry in a database that matches the medallion "ID" with a specific cabin.  That's why it is a simple thing to get a replacement medallion if yours is lost/stolen.  They simply replace the medallion ID field with the ID of the new medallion.  If your old medallion were found and someone attempted to use it...it would be useless because it no longer "matches" any cabin door or person.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, or cancellations or you may get a higher category.  Probably nothing will happen until after FP anyway.  Best of luck!

Thanks for the good wishes regarding the cabin.  Our final payment for our May cruise was due at the beginning of February. Since it was only a few weeks away, I went ahead and made our final today.

49 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The "mating" of a medallion with a specific cabin is done at check in, as @SCX22 states.  It is simply an entry in a database that matches the medallion "ID" with a specific cabin.  That's why it is a simple thing to get a replacement medallion if yours is lost/stolen.  They simply replace the medallion ID field with the ID of the new medallion.  If your old medallion were found and someone attempted to use it...it would be useless because it no longer "matches" any cabin door or person.

I didn't know that; thanks.

The cruise fare for our European cruise on the Island Princess in August dropped considerably but the only way we could have the change in price was to re-book and with a guarantee. We originally had a balcony on deck 12 and now the guarantee is for the same category but it looks like deck 11 and by looking at the deck plans, we might be getting a better location.