Departing ship at different end port

ikesyd

Looking at the 14 Day Arctic Circle Crossing: Edinburgh Evening Stay that departs Rotterdam and returns to Rotterdam in May 2025. Realise that the cruise also departs/returns from Dover a day before. Is it possible to join the ship in Rotterdam and disembark in Dover rather than returning to Rotterdam?

Balcony cabins are only guaranteed for the Dover departure, but can be selected for the Rotterdam departure. Also the Dover disembarkation date works better for our onward travel plans. 

Just checked cabin availability again and there are balcony cabins to select. However would still prefer to board in Rotterdam and disembark in Dover if this is possible. 

This will probably be made easier because everyone onboard will be required to clear UK Immigration before the ship is cleared in Dover. UK Border Force requires that all passengers present to Immigration Officers for a Face to Face clearance!  Also Dover is a normal transit port so there will be plenty of both customs and immigration facilities available.

If you are travelling on a UK passport then it would probably be even easier.  I have no idea about Australian Passports.  Do you have the 'right' to enter UK, or do you need visas?

After that it is necessary to get approval from HAL and ensure you have it in writing!

There's an itinerary deviation request form that you need to fill out and have approved. Your PCC or TA should be able to get the form for you.

9 hours ago, ikesyd said:

…would still prefer to board in Rotterdam and disembark in Dover if this is possible. 

I would call HAL and see if they can do your booking the way you’d like if it’s available. I say this because one Canary Islands cruise I took 8 years ago had a variety (4, maybe more, as I recall) of options with respect to boarding and disembarkation ports on different days.

I could see the option I wanted online (though the itineraries weren’t visible on every travel website), but my PCC almost argued with me about the variety of options, going as far as saying they didn’t even sail in Europe during December😉 I either got the code for the sailing or took a screenshot, I don’t recall, but finally she conceded and got me booked. Had an amazing time!

Happy Sailing!

Edited by syesmar