Aqua Class Move Up Question

jmm18

Hi - 

We are currently booked in a Prime Aqua Class room on Celebrity Ascent for March 2024 sailing. We have received a move up offer to bid. My question is if our move up offer to a Suite category in Retreat is accepted, do we also get the premium drinks and premium wi-fi perks? or is it only Retreat perks (Luminae, priority embarkation/debarkation, etc)?

I have received mixed information from Celebrity where one agent informed me premium drinks and wifi are not included while another informed me (today) they are. I am confused with the conflicting responses.

Thank you for sharing your experience and/or providing clarity! 

Edited by jmm18

I share your confusion.   My own travel agent told me that I had beverage package and wi fi.    I did not call Celebrity but TA has not been reachable by phone since then.  

I have had a Move Up bid accepted,  but I really don't care much about beverage package and have already purchased wifi at a 50% flash sale discount price.    

Don't count on having the "perks", but if you do get a bid accepted, take it for what it is and enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmm18 said:

I have received mixed information from Celebrity where one agent informed me premium drinks and wifi are not included while another informed me (today) they are. I am confused with the conflicting responses.

Celebrity agents are often wrong!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

On a move up bid you receive the amenities of your new cabin, but not the booking perks.

So for a retreat move up you will gain access to “the retreat” which includes dining in Luminae, access to the retreat lounge (or Michaels Club on some ships) and admittance on the retreat sundeck. If you bid up and win a Royal Suite or higher you would also get unlimited speciality dining, 2 bottles of liquor in your suite and a daily stocked fridge of beer, water and soda. Those are amenities of upper tier suites. 
The beverage package and wifi are perks of outright booking a suite.

Whatever perks you booked on your original cabin is what you keep. If you didn’t have any type of drink package or a wifi package with your Aqua class cabin, then you would have to purchase them if you want them.
Also note, that you’ll receive Capt Club pts for your original cabin, not the points for a suite.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jmm18 said:

... My question is if our move up offer to a Suite category in Retreat is accepted....

Which suite category?  The confusion among passengers arises because it makes a difference as to which category of suite you upgrade into, as described above in Post #5.

Thank you everyone for your replies and helping me gain clarity on Move Up nuances. Really appreciate your time and this forum! 

It's our first cruise 🙂

You will keep whatever perks you had in your original booking but not those cabin amenities.

If you move up to a suite you get those amenities plus the perks you had.   In the Retreat lounge you will get complimentary drinks.   If you are in the Retreat Deck area and order a drink you will be charged for it unless you have a drink package.  Same in Luminae.  

You will be charged the rate for gratuities for the new category, or the difference if prepaid.  You will get the CC points for the original category and not the new one.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched