No More Lunch in MDR?

I wonder if this is only the case on larger ships, with more dining options to choose from.

On Vision class, our cruise with six sea days had lunch, 11:30 to 1, on five of them, and brunch, 9 to 1 on the final sea day.

MDR had no lunch on port days, as usual.

We love lunch in the MDR on sea days.  We did an 8 night on the Allure in June 2022 and we spent every opportunity we could, as a family, having a nice leisurely lunch.  I think there were 3-4 sea days on that itinerary.  Would SORELY miss it if Royal stops offering this on sea days.  A dedicated lunch menu is way more important to us than some sort of brunch mix.

We always enjoyed lunch in the MDR on sea days, though on our last cruise (Vision of the Seas), we had mixed experiences. One meal was so slow and so bad that we gave up and left before dessert to go to the Windjammer to get something to eat. Another meal was just fine the way they used to be, but overall the new MDR lunch menus aren't that good in our opinion. They even threw in an extra lunch in the MDR because of an itinerary change, but it wasn't that great. I'm thinking that with the options on Oasis-class ships we might not miss sea day lunches in the MDR as much, but it was always a treat.

I was on the Oasis in November and we ate at the brunch several days and they do have lunch options. They were not as strict as the Freedom about the end time, which had breakfast end at 9:30 and they shut the doors so you can’t go inside. I was in the MDR one day in the Oasis until 1:30 finishing our lunch. They never rushed us.

We found the brunch to work nicely because we had plenty of time to workout, shower and head down to eat without having to get up so early to make breakfast. we had people in our group go back and forth from both menus. 

• Like 1