Grand Voyage Comprehensive Visa Package EXCEPTION

Added overland to Auckland to Athens March 2025 so I got a new invoice.  Indonesia Visa is no longer listed.  In addition, Grand Voyage Barcelona to Sydney lOctober 2025 also has removed Indonesia visa.  

What is the meaning of "comprehensive visa package" when one country is removed?  I am also curious as to why Indian e-visa is on October 2025 trip but not March 2025 trip.

Of course, I am going to work this through my TA and Regent; just posting this for others that might not have noticed the change.

I am not familiar with the Indonesian visa process, but I am wondering if it is similar to what Brazil is doing. In that case, to get a visa you have to set up an individual account and then pay for your visa through that account (the same applies to the Australia ETA as well). So Regent would not be able to directly pay for your visa. Instead, after you pay for your visa, Regent will give you refundable OBC in that amount. 

27 minutes ago, BBWC said:

I am not familiar with the Indonesian visa process, but I am wondering if it is similar to what Brazil is doing. In that case, to get a visa you have to set up an individual account and then pay for your visa through that account (the same applies to the Australia ETA as well). So Regent would not be able to directly pay for your visa. Instead, after you pay for your visa, Regent will give you refundable OBC in that amount. 

Thanks; I have no reason not to believe you. are 100% correct; I just wish I got the same information from Regent; hopefully sometime in the future.

Again, thanks;

17 hours ago, BBWC said:

That is how the Indonesian e-visa works.  It is a fussy process.  It seems like you can obtain it without setting up an account first, but we (including those who reported on the process on our Roll Call) found not.  Set up your account first.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, loriva said:

That is how the Indonesian e-visa works.  It is a fussy process.  It seems like you can obtain it without setting up an account first, but we (including those who reported on the process on our Roll Call) found not.  Set up your account first.

An account for each of you or just one for family?  How far in advance can you start the process?

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

An account for each of you or just one for family?  How far in advance can you start the process?

The Indonesia visa is good for 90 days.

As Ioriva said "it is a fussy process" involving scanning your passport (which will never lay flat enough!) Takes many tries to get an acceptable scan.

We had an account for both, but did not try a family one - it may be possible.

So I don't think Regent could do this without your passport in hand.

32 minutes ago, Tsunami74 said:

So I don't think Regent could do this without your passport in hand.

I agree, but they could hire a service to shepherd us through the process and facilitate communications with the Indonesian embassy/consulates.

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

I agree, but they could hire a service to shepherd us through the process and facilitate communications with the Indonesian embassy/consulates.

That would be helpful, but I doubt that they will.  

I was surprised that they did not have someone in this capacity already.

When we were at first going to New Guinea, the info available on obtaining a visa was confusing and contradictory.  When I called Regent for advice, the agent just recommended trying a visa service. 

Thankfully, Regent changed the itinerary, and we bypassed New Guinea.

I am going on the 2024 WC segment from Sydney to Abu Dhabi so. Had to get my own visas.  Australia was very easy so I was willing to try my hand at the others.  Indonesia was a bear, as others have said, but I finally got it approved.  Sri Lanka was not too bad.  India was a nightmare because I am doing the Taj Mahal overland, and there were questions only Regent or Visa Central could answer.  I gave up on Visa Central because no one was picking up my call.  I finally got a very nice young woman at Regent Operations who was able to answer all of my questions.  At the end she said that so many guests were having trouble that they have someone on the ship who will handle the process for us for $38 including the visa.  I gave it one more try and decided to let Regent handle it.  She also informed me that Visa Central is very shorthanded so it is better to do things myself.

• Like 2