Is vibe worth the cost for cruise with no sea days?

cb2367

I'll be taking a cruise soon and vibe just opened up for booking (too early for everything else(. I've never booked vibe before because I usually forget to check in the app and reserve everything before it's too late. The cruise will be in a warm climate.

I'm thinning vibe could be worthwhile if I don't find an excursion I want to do in a port or if I come back early

The vibe is worth every penny.  Unless the ports you are visiting you have never been to before or otherwise planning all day excursions at each port.  With a few sea days it makes it even better.  

Edited by seemoreroyals

8 minutes ago, zqvol said:

The vibe is not worth the cost under any circumstance. 

Here we go again.........wondering if you ever stated in the Vibe?

40 minutes ago, cb2367 said:

I'll be taking a cruise soon and vibe just opened up for booking (too early for everything else(. I've never booked vibe before because I usually forget to check in the app and reserve everything before it's too late. The cruise will be in a warm climate.

I'm thinning vibe could be worthwhile if I don't find an excursion I want to do in a port or if I come back early

It is still worth every penny to us.  We always hit the Vibe after getting back to the ship everyday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the Vibe!! I also loved my Prima cruise!! Most people didn't like that ship. Everyone has their own opinions. So good luck.

I've sailed 12 NCL cruises and the Vibe was always worth it to me!

I have the Vibe booked for my b2b cruise on the Escape next month!!

Can't to escape the cold in Upstate NY.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

The vibe is not worth the cost under any circumstance. 

While I will never buy it, Mrs. IA would pay triple the price. So, I guess that makes your opinion just slightly above worthless, same as mine. Only the OP can decide.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, catgags said:

I love the Vibe!! I also loved my Prima cruise!! Most people didn't like that ship. Everyone has their own opinions. So good luck.

I've sailed 12 NCL cruises and the Vibe was always worth it to me!

I have the Vibe booked for my b2b cruise on the Escape next month!!

Can't to escape the cold in Upstate NY.

What about an Alaskan Cruise (specifically late april)?  I understand it for the warmer climates, but in alaska you're not spending as much time outside.

35 minutes ago, Cyclops94 said:

What about an Alaskan Cruise (specifically late april)?  I understand it for the warmer climates, but in alaska you're not spending as much time outside.

That's a bit of an outlier given all the possible Vibe opportunities, isn't it? One thing for sure, the Vibe would be a very quiet, peaceful place in Alaska in April.

35 minutes ago, Cyclops94 said:

I had it in Alaska on Encore. We enjoyed it. Spent sail away from Seattle in the hot tub. In Alaska it’s obviously cooler but the scenery is spectacular. In Glacier Bay we moved around easily and got great pictures.

Had whales swimming near the ship on one occasion and we could easily see them and take pictures. Looking down to the pool deck, people were 3 deep and jockeying for an opportunity to see them. The Vibe staff would bring coffee and hot chocolate around and made runs to the buffet for chowder. It was very enjoyable. Even though it was cool I spent time sitting in the hot tub and watching Alaska sail by. Different experience than the Caribbean, but I got my money worth. 

The Vibe is a very “worth it to you” experience. For some it’s indispensable, for others it’s a complete waste of money. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Alaska and a few other cruises are on my retirement bucket list!!!

Hopefully within 2years!!! I do not think I would need Vibe in April.

The spa would be best for me!!!!

53 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

I had it in Alaska on Encore. We enjoyed it. Spent sail away from Seattle in the hot tub. In Alaska it’s obviously cooler but the scenery is spectacular. In Glacier Bay we moved around easily and got great pictures.

Had whales swimming near the ship on one occasion and we could easily see them and take pictures. Looking down to the pool deck, people were 3 deep and jockeying for an opportunity to see them. The Vibe staff would bring coffee and hot chocolate around and made runs to the buffet for chowder. It was very enjoyable. Even though it was cool I spent time sitting in the hot tub and watching Alaska sail by. Different experience than the Caribbean, but I got my money worth. 

The Vibe is a very “worth it to you” experience. For some it’s indispensable, for others it’s a complete waste of money. 

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the Vibe for an Alaskan cruise.  As Vibe lovers, we reserved passes for our extended family Alaskan cruise in early June 2025.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MCMC100 said:

Thank you for sharing. We got Vibe passes for our group of 9 on Alaska in the Encore end of July. Was a little nervous thinking maybe waste of money but I so much want to enjoy the hot tubs without kids and knowing July is big family season I am sure it will be packed. So happy we made the purchase

• Like 1

the vibe is about more than the hot tubs and the loungers and the kid free and smoke free oasis. 

on an alaskan itinerary, it is also about the views. and, depending on the ship, the vibe is offering, arguably, the best unobstructed views on the ship, in some cases, wrap-around views.

in cold climates, such as a departure from new york, it is quite common to see people in parkas or hoodies and scarves enjoying drinks and the view. and once they take their outer garments off, the hot tubs, too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UKstages said:

the vibe is about more than the hot tubs and the loungers and the kid free and smoke free oasis. 

on an alaskan itinerary, it is also about the views. and, depending on the ship, the vibe is offering, arguably, the best unobstructed views on the ship, in some cases, wrap-around views.

in cold climates, such as a departure from new york, it is quite common to see people in parkas or hoodies and scarves enjoying drinks and the view. and once they take their outer garments off, the hot tubs, too.

On these cold weather cruises, do they provide blankets for passengers in the vibe?  

59 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

On these cold weather cruises, do they provide blankets for passengers in the vibe?  

Yes. Instead of beach towels the Vibe is supplied with large deep blue blankets with the NCL logo on them. Wrap up and relax…..

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

Yes. Instead of beach towels the Vibe is supplied with large deep blue blankets with the NCL logo on them. Wrap up and relax…..

Thank you so much for your response.  We are planning an Alaska cruise next year and were not planning on vibe due to cold weather.  Blankets make it a game changer.  May have to reconsider.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 12:53 PM, cb2367 said:

Not sure what itinerary you’re on, but we just returned today from the 7-day RT San Juan on the Viva…no sea days.

We always get Vibe, and it was still worth it. Most excursions are early, and we’re typically back to the ship around 1-2pm. We don’t need to be in port until the last minute, so we like some more time on the ship to relax. Vibe is clutch then, when the other areas start getting crowded and crazy with everyone coming back on board.

Also…no sea day itineraries are exhausting. We picked 2 days to not get off and to just stay on board and enjoy Vibe. By day 4 of get up early and go go go…it’s tiring.

I don’t think you would regret it!

• Like 2

Would you book Vibe for Iceland/ Norway? 
Ambivalent as it will be cold, even in August but can’t justify Haven prices as cf to regular balcony so planning on Specialty dining every other night and now trying to decide on Vibe. 
Will be on Prima. Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, dock said:

Ambivalent as it will be cold, even in August but can’t justify Haven prices as cf to regular balcony so planning on Specialty dining every other night and now trying to decide on Vibe. 

No firsthand experience in cold weather cruises and the Vibe, but I would expect the same benefits outlined above would apply to Iceland/Norway.   

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dock said:

We have been on the Prima and booked the vibe and it was fantastic.  It goes all the way across the ship so will lend itself to outstanding viewing .  As far as booking the vibe on a cold weather itinerary we have not done that yet.  At first we probably would not consider it but after reading quite a few posts on cruise critic and FB I think we would do so now.

On a cold weather itinerary they have blankets and bring coffee and hot chocolate.  The infinity hot tubs are nice and never crowded.  We are planning on booking the vibe for are planned Alaska cruise next year.  Good luck to you.  If I were you I would go ahead and book the vibe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can you explain Vibe to a couple of newbies to Norwegian?

For a 7 day cruise out of Miami in February - About how much would it cost per person?

Do both people in a cabin have to purchase?

Do you purchase by day or for the whole cruise?

Can you explain what is in this area?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions...