Constellation tips please

lauriedun

Cruising the Constellation next month....looking for insider tips and tricks! We love wine, good bars, nightlife, and relaxing by the pool or on deck.

Also...heard unofficially that you are not allowed to bring a hair dryer?? Never heard of such. Yes I know there is one in the room but those are not adequate for my hair! Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance!

No you cannot bring your hair dryer.  Most people bring a thick rubber band to keep the button on because you have to hold it down 🙄 to keep it working.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, camella said:

No you cannot bring your hair dryer.  Most people bring a thick rubber band to keep the button on because you have to hold it down 🙄 to keep it working.

Boo. Good tip though thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camella said:

Yes you can.  Perhaps you are thinking of a different cruise line?

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes you can.  Perhaps you are thinking of a different cruise line?

Things must have changed then because I brought a small one years ago and they took it away from me.

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Hair dryers are NOT on the “do not bring list”. 

OP where did you hear otherwise unofficially?

Here’s the FAQ

88671BDD-3AC6-4A4F-9406-B5326D7F49E1.png

My friend was on Constellation last month and complained to guest services about the room hair dryers. She told them that next time she plans to bring her own and they said it wasn't allowed.

13 hours ago, tjunmin said:

What matters to you in a cruise? Which areas are you more interest in hearing about?

Here is my review of the Constellation [link], from our sailing last month.

Thanks for linking your review! Guess I'm wondering what bars offer the best nightlife/dancing, if there are any less known places on deck to hang for the day and chill, any main dining/reservation tips, etc

No problem bringing my compact hairdryer onto the ship.. no need to hold down the button..  I leave my flat iron home. No way to escape " frizz" at sea.!  

It appears that you are questions have been hijacked by hairdryer debate. We were on the constellation about a year ago and very much enjoyed it. I spent a lot of time before dinner at the martini bar, which is always good to meet people at and see a good show. We really enjoyed the reflections lounge on deck 11. Lots of activities in the evening. My husband very much enjoyed the Persian garden, especially after a day of excursions. The silent disco‘s that were held were extremely lively and fun. The constellation still has a library on it so that’s always a good quiet place to sit. We also took a vantage of playing pickle ball on the sports court. It can get windy but we really enjoyed ourselves. Hope you have a great cruise.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lauriedun said:

Thanks for linking your review! Guess I'm wondering what bars offer the best nightlife/dancing, if there are any less known places on deck to hang for the day and chill, any main dining/reservation tips, etc

Debra shared many of my favorite spots on the Constellation.

For drinks, the Martini Lounge on deck 4 is a lively crowd pleaser. If you enjoy listening to live music with a drink/cocktail before dinner, the Rendezvous Lounge on deck 4 is a popular destination.

Quieter places on deck to hang for the day include the Rooftop Terrace on deck 12 aft, which has a large movie screen, loungers and cabanas, and the sundeck on deck 12 forward, with lots of chaise loungers for people who prefer to sunbathe away from the pool music.

Indoors, the Reflections Lounge on deck 11 forward offers expanse views of the ocean on sea days. There is a small library on deck 8 mid-ship, which was very popular during my sailing last week. A small space that is often overlooked is on the port side of the Grand Foyer on deck 4, behind the panoramic elevators; there is comfortable sitting by the oversized windows, where you can see the water go by as the ship sails.

Hope this helps!

15 hours ago, camella said:

Things must have changed then because I brought a small one years ago and they took it away from me.

Nope. We started cruising in 1991. My wife has always brought her hair dyer and curling iron. 

3 hours ago, Debbra1024 said:

It appears that you are questions have been hijacked by hairdryer debate. We were on the constellation about a year ago and very much enjoyed it. I spent a lot of time before dinner at the martini bar, which is always good to meet people at and see a good show. We really enjoyed the reflections lounge on deck 11. Lots of activities in the evening. My husband very much enjoyed the Persian garden, especially after a day of excursions. The silent disco‘s that were held were extremely lively and fun. The constellation still has a library on it so that’s always a good quiet place to sit. We also took a vantage of playing pickle ball on the sports court. It can get windy but we really enjoyed ourselves. Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks Debra! Yes maybe I should have put hair dryer on a separate thread... lol. Someone else mentioned the silent disco...I will check it out! What is the Persian Garden?

4 hours ago, doghog said:

Nope. We started cruising in 1991. My wife has always brought her hair dyer and curling iron. 

That's your experience and I'm just telling you mine.  I've also been cruising since the early 90s and my experience was they took it away.  So I haven't bothered to even try since.  Not worth the aggravation.  just sayin.🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, camella said:

That's your experience and I'm just telling you mine.  I've also been cruising since the early 90s and my experience was they took it away.  So I haven't bothered to even try since.  Not worth the aggravation.  just sayin.🤷‍♀️

My wife, not my experience.  😂 BTW, others have said the same on this thread.  What year was your experience?  

Fleetwide.

Edited by doghog

On 1/16/2024 at 1:52 PM, tjunmin said:

Debra shared many of my favorite spots on the Constellation.

For drinks, the Martini Lounge on deck 4 is a lively crowd pleaser. If you enjoy listening to live music with a drink/cocktail before dinner, the Rendezvous Lounge on deck 4 is a popular destination.

Quieter places on deck to hang for the day include the Rooftop Terrace on deck 12 aft, which has a large movie screen, loungers and cabanas, and the sundeck on deck 12 forward, with lots of chaise loungers for people who prefer to sunbathe away from the pool music.

Indoors, the Reflections Lounge on deck 11 forward offers expanse views of the ocean on sea days. There is a small library on deck 8 mid-ship, which was very popular during my sailing last week. A small space that is often overlooked is on the port side of the Grand Foyer on deck 4, behind the panoramic elevators; there is comfortable sitting by the oversized windows, where you can see the water go by as the ship sails.

Hope this helps!

This is a good summary.  We liked sitting in Cellar Masters and listening to classical music, it is in the daily planner.

It is not a large ship.  just walk around each deck to see what is there.  Also, check the daily planner.