Travel documents

8 minutes ago, island visitor said:

When they say you must bring you original travel documents to the port when you board, does that mean passports or is it necessary to print e-docs?

Your Passport or other documentation if you don't have a passport.   E-Docs are not require nor do I ever print them.   You may want to print your luggage tags but this also is not required - just makes it easier.

Depending on where you are cruising a Passport or other required documents  and your Xpress pass.  You do not need edocs. The only thing I need from edocs is to print luggage tags.

Edited by jelayne
Correction

Passport or whatever other identity documents you are using.  Originals, not photocopies.

Porters will make you luggage tags at the pier or you can print them out—your choice

no need to print out rest of the edocs

For Celebrity, you boarding pass can be on your phone - having a paper back-up never hurts.

Passports are the best travel document.  

While the longshore porters can, and do make luggage tags, save yourself some time by arriving with your printed luggage tags already attached to your luggage.

You'll need original identification, usually passport. Your boarding pass is available in the app and can be saved to your wallet.

I print the luggage tags at home. I have clear tag holders that I bought years ago from Cruise Critic (does CC still have a store?). They also float down that great South American river (Amazon) and Celebrity and Royal Caribbean share the same size and format. Print, cut, stuff them in the holders, stuff the holders in a Ziplock, and put them on the bags at the hotel the night before the cruise. Just part of our ritual. I know the porters will fill them out, but if the tags are on the bags when I get there, it's less than 30 seconds, most of which is fishing for a tip...

I do tend to save my edocs to my iPad. Ditto my travel insurance. That may just be me.