Anthem of the Seas Couples Swedish Massage

Has anyone ever done the couples Swedish massage? I booked it for me and DH on embarkation day at noon. I like to board the ship as early as possible. He likes to board at 1 or 2.  I thought the massage would be a nice way to kill time while waiting for the rooms to open, his main complaint of boarding so early. 
Was it worth the money, did you have to leave immediately following the massage or can you enjoy the spa for a while? TIA

I have been to anthems spa on several sailings.   I never hung after a treatment but they may let you sit in their lounge area.   

I know spa prices are typically at their lowest on embarkment day and can be a nice way to settle into your vacation.   Enjoy!

Note, they will try to upsell you with all kinds of products and future treatments.    

To stick to the question, you can linger and take your time so you don’t have to rush out the second the massage is over.  But the flip side is you will not have unlimited time, coupled with the fact that the spa area is not in normal operations, tours and “looks-Lou’s” checking out the place are happening that day so it is not as relaxing or private.  I have done at least one massage early after boarding and found it to be pretty close to the normal.  As long as you understand some of the possible limitations, it would be a relaxing way to kill some time as you ease into vacation mode.

As stated above, the massages on the ship are not quite equal to spas on land.  Mainly the difference is cost since you are a captive audience.  If I had to do a direct comparison or rating overall the cruse product would get a solid C+.  It is good, definitely above average but not great.  Still a nice way to enjoy vacation time.

We've done a couple of the couples' massages on embarkation days.  I've found them pretty comparable to what I've had on shore.  Of course they do try to sell you everything under the sun afterward, but I have no problem firmly, yet politely, saying no thank you, and leaving.  As stated above it is a nice way to destress from all the rigmarole of traveling to the port, checking in, unpacking, etc. on the first day of the cruise.  Since it's usually instigated by the wife, I let her foot the bill😁 

We've done couples massages and regular ones. I don't like going there because I feel like I'm at a timeshare. And no one could explain our charges.. we had a package deal and all the receipts were done individually and it took about a half hour of the receptionist reprinting everything to figure out where the over-charge came from. 

Also, the massage itself - not peaceful. We heard voices in the halls, banging on the walls, and even one interruption where another therapist came in to talk to ours. It just felt rushed that time (that was on Oasis on a sea day!)

So we probably won't go again... Lots of people really like it though, I will say!