Cruise without Simply More???

Psoque

I’m assuming that everything about “Simply More!!!” will continue to evolve.  One volatile component of it is the amount of shore excursion credit, which has changed already.  Also I guess Oceania will probably mess around with actual “pricing” of excursions based on demand created by these credits.

Another easy thing for Oceania to do is to change what wine is served “free” on their included beverage package.  I’m hoping that they will not go super-cheap (like US domestic coach flight “wine”.  The horror!) on the wines, but I guess that’s also an option they can easily consider.

My guess is that this whole thing will slowly (or quickly) evolve/devolve and be replaced by another promotional program with a catchy name.

On 1/17/2024 at 11:22 AM, Psoque said:

I was just browsing a few online travel agency websites and noted that I see at least two companies are (appearing to be) selling Oceania cruises without Simply More.  Is this something that is easy for a travel agent to negotiate?  Or is this limited to group bookings?

To reiterate what's already been said, I'd be very leery of any travel agency who is saying they are selling Oceania Cruises without Simply More.  Simply More is here to stay for the near-term anyway. Perhaps Oceania will go back to Cruise Only at some point, but IMO, it's not going to happen anytime soon.  

The mega cruise ships are still selling cruise only if anyone is interested in those. 

10 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

To reiterate what's already been said, I'd be very leery of any travel agency who is saying they are selling Oceania Cruises without Simply More.  Simply More is here to stay for the near-term anyway. Perhaps Oceania will go back to Cruise Only at some point, but IMO, it's not going to happen anytime soon.  

The mega cruise ships are still selling cruise only if anyone is interested in those. 

Thanks for your post.

I do not know if Oceania will stick with Simply More - I hope it is cancelled asap.

I have 1 remaining cruise booked Jan 25 SE Asia. There has been a $2,000 pp reduction in the pricing which I took advantage of and every category is available.  If bookings were robust, with less than a year to go, this would not have happened.

I wonder if Simply More (which is Simply Less) is having a negative impact on bookings.

I will not book any more cruises with Oceania until they return to their great al a cart pricing structure.

5 minutes ago, QuestionEverything said:

Thanks for your post.

I do not know if Oceania will stick with Simply More - I hope it is cancelled asap.

I have 1 remaining cruise booked Jan 25 SE Asia. There has been a $2,000 pp reduction in the pricing which I took advantage of and every category is available.  If bookings were robust, with less than a year to go, this would not have happened.

I wonder if Simply More (which is Simply Less) is having a negative impact on bookings.

I will not book any more cruises with Oceania until they return to their great al a cart pricing structure.

I believe several issues are at play here.

1. Because of multiple items, people are waiting later to book. World strife, cancelled ports, changed itineraries, and new constant sales are driving this. In today’s climate, except for that 1% that absolutely has to have a certain cabin, what are the advantages of booking two years out? I’m on an O cruise in 72 days and there is availability nearly throughout the ship. People can book now at less than I paid long ago. Read the current thread about O totally eliminating the Antarctica drive by. Makes people look stupid for early booking! 

2.  There are no assurances that the elimination of SM would result in a cruise price decrease. SM was merely a price increase with a few goodies of insignificant costs ( for Oceania) thrown in. I don’t see them giving up the price increase. They have too much debt. It was just a price increase! Nothing to do with booze or shorexs. We’re not getting the old prices back,  SM or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuestionEverything said:

If it's the one going on to China, South Korea and Japan in early Feb, the possible weather conditions around that area may be playing a part.

1 minute ago, Tranquility Base said:

If it's the one going on to China, South Korea and Japan in early Feb, the possible weather conditions around that area may be playing a part.

Thanks to you and pinotlover.

Well things have changed indeed. My cruise is from Singapore to HK Jan 12/25. 

Will ride this along and then determine if it is worth the effort before final payment - I am leaning not, especially as I am itinerary driven.

Everyone keep well indeed.

• 4 months later...
On 1/17/2024 at 4:31 PM, Redtravel said:

When I read this thread, I contacted my TA. She said that Oceania cannot be booked without Simply More. Thought maybe I had missed a change in things.  We are on Vista now. Nice cruise. However, since we seldom drink and don’t do excursions in the Caribbean, we choose not to rebook as we have previously.  Add to that the price increases for same 10 night cruise in 2025 (50% more than this year), we are not rebooking.  Also, the onboard incentive isn’t as good as last time we booked onboard.  We are booked on a European cruise for spring 2024 with SM.  On that cruise we wanted excursions.  Next winter we will not be on Oceania.

With this change they have lost our business as well.  Too bad as we are Silver and found them to be a nice line.