Upgrade offer change

lindya

I went back to review an offer on my booking and it changed from a Jr. Balcony to a Standard balcony.. does it keep changing if I don't accept and will offers stop after I make my final payment which is due soon

2 hours ago, lindya said:

I went back to review an offer on my booking and it changed from a Jr. Balcony to a Standard balcony.. does it keep changing if I don't accept and will offers stop after I make my final payment which is due soon

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Is it possible that someone else accepted the offer before you got back to it?  Not sure if the same cabin number is offered to more than one booking at a time. 

If balconies are underselling on your sailing, upsell offers may come back.  Location and cabin type are what triggers upsells.   

11 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Does one need to check their reservation, or do the offers come in an email?  It appears that the OP took a look at her online booking.

For me I've always received an email from Carnival for an upgrade offer.

Then again, since I wasn't checking it could have also been in my online booking but I don't even know where something like that would show up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Does one need to check their reservation, or do the offers come in an email?  It appears that the OP took a look at her online booking.

For us, we notice several offers for our last sailing. The Carnival cruise manager showed multiple, refreshed offers in the weeks leading up to the cruise. But we only received one offer via email. 
We checked emails and the cruise manager almost daily, because we booked a GTY/TBA balcony cabin to see when a room was assigned to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received one email for the original upgrade offer..since then I have gone into my booking to view my upgrade offer listed and it has changed a couple times..no new email received. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I took a look at my booking and do not see anything. Did/do you have an alert for a new message at the top of your booking, or where do you see it?

It would be prominent on your booking details BUT they are very rare.  Most common would be a stateroom that is connected but the booking isn't linked to the other side.  Do not pin any hope on getting one.  The offers are specific, not ship wide.  

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Did/do you have an alert for a new message at the top of your booking, or where do you see it?

The first time we received an upgrade/upsell offer was for our last sailing. Prior to that, I did not know what to look for either. I found this video helpful.

10 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

It would be prominent on your booking details BUT they are very rare.  Most common would be a stateroom that is connected but the booking isn't linked to the other side.  Do not pin any hope on getting one.  The offers are specific, not ship wide.  

I am only curious, and not hoping for an upgrade.  In fact, I do not want one unless it were to a Suite. 😉 Traveling side by side with my daughter and grandchildren next door, but not connected.   It's on the Sunshine and we have booked OV's.  Those are larger than the balcony staterooms, so we do not consider upgrading to a balcony a good thing.  Plus, DD does not want the children to have access to the outdoors from the stateroom. 😌  Thanks for the video jemrtt!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

I am only curious, and not hoping for an upgrade.  In fact, I do not want one unless it were to a Suite. 😉 Traveling side by side with my daughter and grandchildren next door, but not connected.   It's on the Sunshine and we have booked OV's.  Those are larger than the balcony staterooms, so we do not consider upgrading to a balcony a good thing.  Plus, DD does not want the children to have access to the outdoors from the stateroom. 😌  Thanks for the video jemrtt!  

OV would be almost impossible to be on the list for a suite upsell.  

You know it!!!  Hence the blinking smiley face after my statement.  Nor would I pay for an upsell to one.  Although I have done it with other cruise lines. 

BTW- I was once upgraded from a GTY OV on a RCCL cruise.  We took the GTY because that was the only available stateroom category when booking last minute.  Didn't find out that we had been upgraded until we got to the pier. Those were the days!!! 😀

• Haha 2