What is all the paperwork I need to fill out?

9 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Where does it say on the app or website a list of all this stuff?

Where does it say the day that boarding times will be available?

Reservations for shows available?

If I am forced to get a later boarding will they take into consideration my sons autism and allow us to checkin and board early?

The cruise docs come out around 30 days out.

Check in/arrival time is chosen when you check in online - 45 days out.

Reservations should be available now in the online planner.

Enforcement of check-in/arrival times at Cape Liberty varies but unlikely.

• Like 1

Do you have a travel agent working with you because it sounds as if you are really confused about a lot of issues related to the cruise and flights.  I personally will never use one as I travel a lot but in your situation, you just seem very confused about a lot of details.  This is just an observation from reading your posts.  I think a good one could really assist you better than strangers on a cruise forum and help things run smoothly for you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

The app to do the on-line check in opens at around 12:05 a.m.

Yes, I'm a night owl, so it's no sacrifice for me to grab that earliest time slot in the middle of the night!  Since we drive in the night before, we like to board early.  

21 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

It took about 4 minutes to do me and my wife's stuff.  Super easy.

Yes, super easy.  Also, if you don't have all your information on hand, you can claim a boarding time ... and come back later, but -- yeah -- if you have all your things together, you can knock this out in about 4 minutes. 

You'll need:  Passport or birth certificate info, phone number for emergency contact who isn't sailing with you, credit card you plan to use onboard, and a digital photograph of yourself looking straight ahead /little background.  

11 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Our flight is through Royal Air2Sea and it says if something is delayed they will get us another flight or something. 

Think that through:  Sure, they'll get you another flight and catch you up to the ship ... but you could potentially miss sail-away and be shuttled over to meet the ship at the first island.  You could potentially miss the first couple days of your cruise.  Even if they get you on another flight that day, consider the stress of wondering if you'll arrive in time.  If things go perfectly well, consider how tired you'll be after flying a "red eye" and then boarding.  

Arriving a day ahead of time is the cheapest, most effective "insurance" you can have for a cruise.  We drive, but it's about 8 hours for us ... too far not to arrive a day ahead.  

We will carry our luggage off. 

Assuming you're able -bodied, that's the way to go.  No putting your suitcase out the night before, no adhering to other people's schedules, no searching for your suitcase in the terminal ... just pick up and go when you're ready.  The only negative is that the elevators tend to be quite crowded on Disembarkation Day, but with an 18-year old son to help carry suitcases, you can always use the stairs.  

Where does it say on the app or website a list of all this stuff?

Where does it say the day that boarding times will be available?  Reservations for shows available?

If I am forced to get a later boarding will they take into consideration my sons autism and allow us to checkin and board early?

Log onto Royal Caribbean's website. 

In the upper right corner, click SIGN IN ... you may need to create an account. 

Your cruise(s) will pop up, and you'll see how many days until you sail, a link to pay off your cruise, and a link that says CRUISE DETAILS.  Open that link, and you'll see PLAN MY CRUISE.  Here you'll see any "extras" you've purchased through Royal.  And they'll be very pleased if you purchase more.  

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Do you have a travel agent working with you because it sounds as if you are really confused about a lot of issues related to the cruise and flights. 

I think the OP's asking good questions and is learning.  Taking a cruise isn't difficult.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, I'm a night owl, so it's no sacrifice for me to grab that earliest time slot in the middle of the night!  Since we drive in the night before, we like to board early.  

Yes, super easy.  Also, if you don't have all your information on hand, you can claim a boarding time ... and come back later, but -- yeah -- if you have all your things together, you can knock this out in about 4 minutes. 

You'll need:  Passport or birth certificate info, phone number for emergency contact who isn't sailing with you, credit card you plan to use onboard, and a digital photograph of yourself looking straight ahead /little background.  

Think that through:  Sure, they'll get you another flight and catch you up to the ship ... but you could potentially miss sail-away and be shuttled over to meet the ship at the first island.  You could potentially miss the first couple days of your cruise.  Even if they get you on another flight that day, consider the stress of wondering if you'll arrive in time.  If things go perfectly well, consider how tired you'll be after flying a "red eye" and then boarding.  

Arriving a day ahead of time is the cheapest, most effective "insurance" you can have for a cruise.  We drive, but it's about 8 hours for us ... too far not to arrive a day ahead.  

Assuming you're able -bodied, that's the way to go.  No putting your suitcase out the night before, no adhering to other people's schedules, no searching for your suitcase in the terminal ... just pick up and go when you're ready.  The only negative is that the elevators tend to be quite crowded on Disembarkation Day, but with an 18-year old son to help carry suitcases, you can always use the stairs.  

Log onto Royal Caribbean's website. 

In the upper right corner, click SIGN IN ... you may need to create an account. 

Your cruise(s) will pop up, and you'll see how many days until you sail, a link to pay off your cruise, and a link that says CRUISE DETAILS.  Open that link, and you'll see PLAN MY CRUISE.  Here you'll see any "extras" you've purchased through Royal.  And they'll be very pleased if you purchase more.  

I think the OP's asking good questions and is learning.  Taking a cruise isn't difficult.  

To us perhaps not.  But not to everyone.  

I paid enough for the cruise I don't want to pay for a travel agent as well lol.  I appreciate everyone's advice and I will learn.  I think 90% of it is my anxiety.

Someone 

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The cruise docs come out around 30 days out.

Check in/arrival time is chosen when you check in online - 45 days out.

Reservations should be available now in the online planner.

Enforcement of check-in/arrival times at Cape Liberty varies but unlikely.

I do not see reservations available now.  (Our cruise isn't until May 31st).

I have the account and everything and see where it says we have a zero balance (which is nice) but just not something that says "Check in times upon up on *insert date here*" or "You will be able to make reservations on *insert date here*"  ya know?  Something like that?  Or a checklist that says "Here is everything you still need to do:  FiIl out health questionnaire, fill out travel documents, do this, do that.

That sort of stuff ya know

On 1/19/2024 at 11:28 PM, joepeka said:

I've not yet tried to be among the first to pick an arrival time so I don't know the answer: is that midnight east coast (RCI home office) time or midnight in your local time zone?

It's midnight in the time zone your cruise is from. So my next cruise is from Singapore but I live in Europe. Therefore check in was open for me at 4pm my time  on the previous day (midnight in Singapore). 

When I cruise from Miami check in opens about 5am for me as our time zone is 5 hours ahead of Miami. 

OP

You may find answers to your questions here

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq?ecid=ps_43700077757898296&country=GBR&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-62tBhDSARIsAO7twbZRaTMBDttoR-TmRY4_KcD0TwfQ2Q0K7Ki-KBFZKGIaUe9MRhACrTMaAhutEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Or a checklist that says "Here is everything you still need to do:  FiIl out health questionnaire, fill out travel documents, do this, do that.

That sort of stuff ya know

Most of that will be in the cruise docs about 30 days out but the only thing that you may want to do is check in at 45 days out. You could show up at the terminal without doing anything.

Show reservations should become available in early April. 

On 1/19/2024 at 5:18 PM, hancock said:

One item hasn't been listed.  The day before the cruise you will have to answer a health questionnaire on the app.  Every thing else has already been mentioned.

We were on a Med cruise out of Barcelona in July and never got the health questionnaire the day before and nothing asked at the port.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:19 PM, surgie said:

My check in starts May 28 and I have all 11 of us linked in my account (4 cabins). Since I'm the late owl, can I go in at 12:05 am on May 28 and select the arrival time for all 4 cabins and they can go back in later to add their own passport info etc.?

Does it matter that we have 4  junior suites? I seem to remember reading we would get some kind of priority check in but is that different than selecting my arrival time? 

May I ask how you link multiple cabins?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrg said:

May I ask how you link multiple cabins?

I believe my TA linked them all in my account. I reserved in November of 2022 so I don't actually remember the exact sequence but she booked the 4 cabins for me and attached my email to each one. I was the only one with a RCI account. Fast forward 14 months and I want the adults to be able to create an account, use the app and manage their cabins. 

Lots of good information but one point worth repeating. I would seriously consider flying the day before the cruise. On almost every cruise I go on, people post online about missing the cruise due to flight issues on the day of the cruise (and others post about barely making it to the ship on time). 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:27 PM, JHawk63 said:

Yes, if all reservations are linked you can select the arrival time for everyone in your party. I did this last March for us & our traveling companions.

Did you use the app or website to select everyone's arrival time? Or it doesn't matter? I'd rather not have to enter everyone's PP# etc.

On 1/21/2024 at 5:39 PM, surgie said:

Did you use the app or website to select everyone's arrival time? Or it doesn't matter? I'd rather not have to enter everyone's PP# etc.

I used the app... everyone else filled out their passport info at a later date...I just selected a check in time for all of us!

• Like 1