Austrailia

If you are asking relative to cruise travel, I believe Australia has been out of covid lockdown since late '21 and I am not aware of any current travel restrictions. 

However, to my understanding covid variants are still prevalent globally - similar in cycle to the ongoing flu variants that surface each year. So I am not sure that anywhere is "over" covid. But as with the flu there are updated vaccinations available. 

Perhaps google the subject to confirm.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jp&dpcruisers said:

Is  Australia over Covid?

Oh My!  More Covid stuff :(.  So lets get real and deal with facts.  COVID is a virus that is here to stay.  It is very likely that Australia and the world will never be "over" covid.  However, what has happened (more fact) is that the world has learned to live with this virus (just like we live with flu, RSV, etc).  So to answer your question, Australia is open for tourism and has dropped their COVID restrictions (as has nearly the entire world).  Most of Australia's COVID restrictions were ended back in 2022.

As one who never stopped traveling during the pandemic, the world has mostly moved beyond formal COVID restrictions.  Japan was one of the last countries (outside of China) to drop restrictions and that happened back in 2023.  As of now, you can travel just about anywhere (we are not clear about China) without needing vaccinations.  I am also not aware of any cruise line that still requires proof of COVID vaccination or pre-cruise testing.  That being said, things could change tomorrow.  

Hank

• Like 2

Since you are from USA may I recommend you try this website:

Australia Travel Advisory

And this website:

Australia Traveller Health

They give you official information on the entry requirements into Australia and as you can see with both sites no Covid restrictions are listed. There have been some sensationalist claims made in regards to Australia and Covid, that is why when it come to travel health advisory it is best to stick with official sources instead of random internet articles designed to generate clicks. 

• Like 1

One of the main countries that I support in my working life is Australia.

Australia is dealing with Covid as anyone else is now.  There are no entry restrictions, no tests, no quarantine, etc.

Just make sure you have your appropriate Visa or ETA or whatever they call it for Australia.

I live in Australia 

Covid is still prevalent here - to my knowledge no places ( except  health care occupations but that obviously wont affect you) require proof of  flu or Covid vaccination any more. 

A very limited number of places may require masks and/ or RATS - some hospitals and Aged Care facilities 

Also unlikely to affect you. 

• Like 1

Have to smile at the latest "pronouncement" from the WHO.  They tell us we should now be focused and worried about "Virus X."  What is Virus X?  It is the next unknown virus that will be much deadlier than COVID (the words of the WHO).   Personally, I am more concerned about "meteor X" which is the next large meteor to strike the earth.  When will that happen?  Who knows just like who knows about Virus X.

Hank

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 11:09 AM, ilikeanswers said:

There have been some sensationalist claims made in regards to Australia and Covid, that is why when it come to travel health advisory it is best to stick with official sources instead of random internet articles designed to generate clicks. 

Agree with you 100% on sensationalist claims and would like to suggest that the OP's hastily formed thread title and original question are good examples of click generators.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Have to smile at the latest "pronouncement" from the WHO.  They tell us we should now be focused and worried about "Virus X."  What is Virus X?  It is the next unknown virus that will be much deadlier than COVID (the words of the WHO).   Personally, I am more concerned about "meteor X" which is the next large meteor to strike the earth.  When will that happen?  Who knows just like who knows about Virus X.

Hank

be that as it may - what one needs to know for travelling is requirements, recomendations etc in relation to a disease in the country one is going to.

Not just Covid of course - but also countries for which one is required to have, say, Yellow fever vaccine or recomended to have Hep A vaccine.

(not Australia)

2 hours ago, Kristelle said:

be that as it may - what one needs to know for travelling is requirements, recomendations etc in relation to a disease in the country one is going to.

Not just Covid of course - but also countries for which one is required to have, say, Yellow fever vaccine or recomended to have Hep A vaccine.

(not Australia)

The US State Department makes recommendations but they are not much value for cruises. They are general like they expect travelers are going to the most undeveloped region of every country. Have to do your own research. The only vaccination I have that they recommend is Hep A because sanitary standards in many countries are poor.  At some major beaches I have seen sewage pipes nearby. 

Yellow fever is a bit different - it is an actual requirement not just a recomendation.

At least it is for Australia  - not to come here and not even to go to affected countries.

But if you want to return to Australia from them  without quarantining, then it is.

26 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

Yellow fever is a bit different - it is an actual requirement not just a recomendation.

At least it is for Australia  - not to come here and not even to go to affected countries.

But if you want to return to Australia from them  without quarantining, then it is.

Yellow Fever vaccination isn’t a requirement for entry to the US. It isn’t a requirement to enter the US from an at risk country. I have been to countries where it is recommended by the CDC to get Yellow Fever vaccination but I didn’t. Columbia, Panama etc. They don’t quarantine you if don’t get vaccinated. I understand what you are saying, if I was traveling to Australia an at risk country I would have to be vaccinated to not be quarantined. 

Edited by Charles4515

yes - if one wanted to enter or return t o Australia from a yellow fever country and not quarantine one would have to have documentation of yellow fever vaccine.

It isnt a recomendation, it is a requirement.

But my point really is just that one has to check the requirements of any vaccine before travelling,this isnt just a Covid thing.

regardless of statements by WHO about whatever - the requirements of where you are going is what matters

• Like 1