O Club - Silver Status - VIP Shore Excursion Check-in

WESTEAST

We will achieve Silver Status on our upcoming cruise and reviewing the additional benefits, curious to understand what does, "VIP Shore Excursion Check-in" mean? Familiar with the Shore Excursion check-in process - perhaps it means that we can give our Excursion cards in early once the desk in the Lounge is open versus being called up per their announcements?  Thanks!

Hi @WESTEAST,

We asked the Oceania Club Ambassador (now called Future Cruise Consultant) on an August 2023 cruise what VIP Shore Excursion Check-in meant.  She said...oh, yeah, that thing.  She said that Destination Services had the idea that she would go to the Lounge when people assemble for excursions and identify Silver+ members for Destination Services so that they could somehow board first.  She explained to Destination Services that she had a full time job, and would be unable to do this.

I then asked the Destination Services manager who was annoyed that I had any information that sounded like such a "service" existed.  Where did I get this, she asked, we don't do this, it makes no sense.  OK.  I showed her that it was on documentation from the Oceania Club about benefits, and she said that I should not have this.  Like any good Canadian, I apologized.  All a bit confusing.

If anyone has ever seen VIP Shore Excursion Check-in implemented, it would be interesting to hear how.

Cheers from Greg of the WildWanderers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

We will achieve Silver Status on our upcoming cruise and reviewing the additional benefits, curious to understand what does, "VIP Shore Excursion Check-in" mean? Familiar with the Shore Excursion check-in process - perhaps it means that we can give our Excursion cards in early once the desk in the Lounge is open versus being called up per their announcements?  Thanks!

This was a short-lived, failed O experiment of a separate line (for folks with higher O Club status) at check-in for tours that met in the Lounge. Only problem was there was no enforcement. So, everyone just got in the shortest line. Saw it/used it on two cruises before it disappeared in late 2022 or early 2023.

• Thanks 1

I think this is on par with Priority Terminal Checkin.  Any time I’ve ever mentioned it they look at me like I’ve got 3 heads. I just get in an empty line and act like I know what I’m doing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I think this is on par with Priority Terminal Checkin.  Any time I’ve ever mentioned it they look at me like I’ve got 3 heads. I just get in an empty line and act like I know what I’m doing. 

So true. When all else fails (which is usually the case), it’s “first come, first served.”            😳🤔😉😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WildWanderers said:

I then asked the Destination Services manager who was annoyed that I had any information that sounded like such a "service" existed.  Where did I get this, she asked, we don't do this, it makes no sense.  OK.  I showed her that it was on documentation from the Oceania Club about benefits, and she said that I should not have this.  Like any good Canadian, I apologized.  All a bit confusing.

This kind of attitude by staff personifies an unfortunate trend I am seeing from Oceania corporate as well as many onboard employees. Impression they give is that we are fortunate to get whatever benefits we do get, and Oceania can renege on any promise made to guests at any time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

So true. When all else fails (which is usually the case), it’s “first come, first served.”            😳🤔😉😎

When we finally check in at 2:30-3:30, we typically are the entire line! 😎. Everyone there to just wait on us. Great service. 😃

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

Yes, but you miss that lunch you already paid for 😇

😂😂. Yep, I travelled to Italy, France, Japan, Copenhagen, Sydney, etc. for a buffet ship lunch!

One that I can choose to duplicate regularly on the upcoming cruise.🙄😇

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ORV said:

Actually today I asked where the Priority line was and they pointed me to the Suite line. Must have been an informed employee or she misunderstood my question. 

• Haha 2