TAMPA

tw67

I recently sailed out of Tampa, and I can say that it was so nice compared to the crazy traffic in Miami that we have had the last few cruises. There were 14 of us all flying in. The airport in Tampa was nice, we used a local limo company to take us from the airport to hotel, hotel to port, and then from the port to the airport. I totally recommend them to anyone needing the service, they were Champa Bay Limo. While staying the night in Tampa we all had a great dinner, the 20 something year olds, all went out after and we had a decent night's stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Ybor, and it didn't break the bank. While the area around the hotel didn't have a lot, having that Wawa right there in the parking lot was really convenient. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Parts of Ybor can get a little rowdy on the weekends - glad everything worked out for you.

When planning this trip I didn’t see a lot of helpful information on Tampa and wanted to leave some. We were there on a Thursday night, and we were celebrating a 21st birthday. The birthday boy loved being with his older brother and cousins. We ate at The Bricks and the owner or manager Brian was really helpful on telling the kids where to head off to for the midnight celebration. They were all back to the hotel by 1:30. The “kids” all felt like places they went were filled with college aged kids. We had heard all the warnings about Ybor so they all knew to choose bars carefully. I can definitely see that you need to be careful around there!

1 hour ago, SUESEABE said:

@tw67Thank you for the recommendation for Champa Bay Limo

I hope they work out for you! Honestly such a great family run company! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are arriving back to Tampa on a Monday morning.  What time is the earliest to schedule a flight out of Tampa?  Traffic?  How busy is the airport?  I know that there is no set answer but was wondering about others’ experiences.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...