HAL computer glitch - not updating past cruise info from Dec, 2023 - Any update?

Cat J

Does anyone have any updated info on when HAL will be posting the Cruise History from Dec., 2023.  All I've been able to find out is that they are saying they had a "glitch" and no cruise history from Dec., 2023 has been posted to our accounts yet.  From my last cruise in Dec., 2023, I should be moving up to another Star level for my next cruise in Feb. so hoping that they get their "glitch" fixed soon!  Even though I love HAL and the cruises I've taken, they do seem to have a lot of IT issues!

• Like 3

I have seen a few posts about Dec cruises not posting, but the 2 I did I can see in my cruise history. One started in Nov, ended in Dec. The other started in Dec, ended in Jan. I don't know if that makes a difference 🤷‍♂️ They were on different ships - NS and K'dam.

We were on Grand Africa, left in October and returned back on December 22.  I had asked HAL via email when the accounts would be updated.  The response was within 10 days of returning. Nothing yet.  I asked again yesterday and have not received an answer.

• Like 1

Thanks - from what I've heard it was all cruises in Dec, 2023 that didn't get posted to our accounts yet.  Interesting that you can see those 2 cruises that you took on your account already.  The one that I was on was from Dec. 3rd - Dec. 15th on the Rotterdam (it was the Panama Canal cruise).  Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I have seen a few posts about Dec cruises not posting, but the 2 I did I can see in my cruise history. One started in Nov, ended in Dec. The other started in Dec, ended in Jan. I don't know if that makes a difference 🤷‍♂️ They were on different ships - NS and K'dam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLOUDYTOWN said:

We were on Grand Africa, left in October and returned back on December 22.  I had asked HAL via email when the accounts would be updated.  The response was within 10 days of returning. Nothing yet.  I asked again yesterday and have not received an answer.

All my other cruises in the past were updated within 2 weeks, however this is the one I care about since I'll be going up a Star level.  They did tell me to call back a week before my next cruise if they still haven't resolved the glitch and they should be able to get my new level reflected for my next cruise.  They really need to upgrade their IT department I think.  Thanks for the info!  

• Like 3

Response just received from Mariner's Society:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line regarding your recent Zuiderdam, October 10, 2023voyage.  We are experiencing technical difficulties resulting in the sailing, onboard spending and suite bonus (if applicable) not populating to guest profiles.  We are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. 

At this time we do not have an estimate of when the issue will be resolved and your history posted to your profile but as many cruises experiencing this issue have recently posted we do not expect that it will be much longer for yours.. Please know we value your loyalty and sincerely apologize for the delay.  Once this is resolved, all pending information will be processed and visible in your account.  No further action of follow up will be required for this to be processed.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the delay.  If you have any questions please let us know.  We hope to welcome you back onboard with us in the near future.

• Like 1

I wrote the Mariner Society and received the same response as @CLOUDYTOWN.  I waited three weeks to send the e-mail request for credit and included a copy of our boarding pass and onboard spending account attached as .pdf files.  The same day I received the technical issue response, the day credits posted to our accounts.  The HAL Navigator App included our onboard spending account and was found under Account, then Statement.  At the time of my request, the cruise history on Holland's website did not show the onboard spending statement.  I suspect the inclusion of the .pdf attachments helped resolve the issue because the credit days are based on sail days, room category and onboard spending. 

Edited by Tradestock
punctuation

A lot of our expenses, shore excursions, internet, etc we prepaid prior. Since there were itinerary changes, cancellation/ rebooking some excursions ours will probably be messy once they credit points. I imagine we will have some reconciliation to do with HAL.

5 hours ago, Tradestock said:

I wrote the Mariner Society and received the same response as @CLOUDYTOWN.  I waited three weeks to send the e-mail request for credit and included a copy of our boarding pass and onboard spending account attached as .pdf files.  The same day I received the technical issue response, the day credits posted to our accounts.  The HAL Navigator App included our onboard spending account and was found under Account, then Statement.  At the time of my request, the cruise history on Holland's website did not show the onboard spending statement.  I suspect the inclusion of the .pdf attachments helped resolve the issue because the credit days are based on sail days, room category and onboard spending. 

Thanks for the info.  Which email address did you use to email your info to the Mariner Society so that they would update your account.  I paid for some Shore Excursions before the cruise, however I have all of that info too so would be able to provide all the data for them to update my account.  Appreciate the info!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CLOUDYTOWN said:

A lot of our expenses, shore excursions, internet, etc we prepaid prior. Since there were itinerary changes, cancellation/ rebooking some excursions ours will probably be messy once they credit points. I imagine we will have some reconciliation to do with HAL.

Thanks for your reply and the info.  I figure it will be good to try to get them to update my account because I have all the info even the prepaid items that I did.  Appreciate your input!

2 hours ago, Cat J said:

Which email address did you use to email your info to the Mariner Society so that they would update your account

mariner_society@hollandamerica.com

I found the e-mail on the HAL website, Mariner Society page, and listed under the Mariner Society FAQs question, "What do I do if I believe my records are incorrect?"  The answer also provides additional information to correct the records.   

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/plan-a-cruise/get-ready-for-your-cruise/mariner-society

• Like 1

I received this yesterday:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line.  Upon completing your cruise, it should take approximately 7-10 days after the sailing ends for your Mariner profile to reflect the cruise and any onboard spending bonus or suite bonus you may be entitled to.  That said, there has been a known delay on the Dec 2023 sailings being processed. It Is being worked on and you would get the details once it has finished being processed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I like vacation said:

I received this yesterday:

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line.  Upon completing your cruise, it should take approximately 7-10 days after the sailing ends for your Mariner profile to reflect the cruise and any onboard spending bonus or suite bonus you may be entitled to.  That said, there has been a known delay on the Dec 2023 sailings being processed. It Is being worked on and you would get the details once it has finished being processed.

Thanks for the info.  It just seems like they are taking so long to fix the "glitch" - I've been back from that cruise for over 5 weeks now, and from talking to other people their accounts haven't been updated yet either.  Some of the responses that others have been getting and from what I was told when I talked to HAL, they don't have an estimated date of when the glitch will be fixed either.  Appreciate your post and info.  Have a great day!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tradestock said:

mariner_society@hollandamerica.com

I found the e-mail on the HAL website, Mariner Society page, and listed under the Mariner Society FAQs question, "What do I do if I believe my records are incorrect?"  The answer also provides additional information to correct the records.   

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/plan-a-cruise/get-ready-for-your-cruise/mariner-society

Thank you very much.  I wasn't sure if you had a different email then what was listed.  I appreciate you providing me the email and the link.  Have a wonderful day!

Just now, wesport said:

Both Seabourn and HAL are having this issue. Hope we get proper credit due. 

I agree - crazy to have a glitch that takes so long to resolve.  Have a great day!

6 hours ago, Cat J said:

I agree - crazy to have a glitch that takes so long to resolve.  Have a great day!

How many passengers, on how many ships, over how many cruises happened in December? 
If all of those people have to have their accounts updated manually, it's going to take a while. 

Every time they have to stop to answer the question "How long is it going to take" just makes it take longer. 

• Like 2

We were on a cruise from Dec 27-Jan 7th.  This cruise would put us at 4 star. Our profile when we log on to the HAL website updated to our new status about a week or so ago, however, I called to cancel a cruise today and the agent told me we were listed as 3 star, not 4 like the website shows.  Could this be due to the known glitch? 

1 hour ago, Lucie73821 said:

We were on a cruise from Dec 27-Jan 7th.  This cruise would put us at 4 star. Our profile when we log on to the HAL website updated to our new status about a week or so ago, however, I called to cancel a cruise today and the agent told me we were listed as 3 star, not 4 like the website shows.  Could this be due to the known glitch? 

I don't know - that sounds crazy.  Did you check your status today to see what it says on the HAL website for your status - and congrats on getting to 4 Star 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RuthC said:

How many passengers, on how many ships, over how many cruises happened in December? 
If all of those people have to have their accounts updated manually, it's going to take a while. 

Every time they have to stop to answer the question "How long is it going to take" just makes it take longer. 

I hope that they aren't doing updates manually on all cruises in Dec.  If they can't get their IT department to fix the "glitch" then they really do need to upgrade the level of their IT department 🙂 Have a great evening!

21 minutes ago, Cat J said:

I don't know - that sounds crazy.  Did you check your status today to see what it says on the HAL website for your status - and congrats on getting to 4 Star 🙂 

Thank you!  I did look today before I made the call to HAL, and the website had us listed as 4 star. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lucie73821 said:

Thank you!  I did look today before I made the call to HAL, and the website had us listed as 4 star. 

Well, hopefully HAL will get it together soon.  Getting to 4 Star is a big deal I think!!  I'm just going to be a 3 Star now and think it will take me until 2025 to make 4 Star.  I have a lot of cruises booked for this year but think I'll be a bit short to get to that level until 2025.  Enjoy all your cruising!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:40 AM, Cat J said:

Well, hopefully HAL will get it together soon.  Getting to 4 Star is a big deal I think!!  I'm just going to be a 3 Star now and think it will take me until 2025 to make 4 Star.  I have a lot of cruises booked for this year but think I'll be a bit short to get to that level until 2025.  Enjoy all your cruising!

I ended up calling the Mariner phone number.  What I was told is that any bookings made before the change in star level would show the previous level.  The woman I spoke to said she would "refresh" each booking to reflect the new star level.  She also said that the same applies to cruise day credits.  They do not update on any prior bookings.  You can call after you have completed the cruise (and it is showing on your account) and they can refresh your bookings to reflect the correct cruise day credits.  

16 hours ago, Lucie73821 said:

I ended up calling the Mariner phone number.  What I was told is that any bookings made before the change in star level would show the previous level.  The woman I spoke to said she would "refresh" each booking to reflect the new star level.  She also said that the same applies to cruise day credits.  They do not update on any prior bookings.  You can call after you have completed the cruise (and it is showing on your account) and they can refresh your bookings to reflect the correct cruise day credits.  

Thanks for the info.  They really do need to get a bit better at doing their IT stuff I think 🙂  Have a great day!

• Like 1