Vista Veranda Cabin Locations

PrivateIdaho

We are getting ready to book our Vista cruise, and looking for advice on the best cabin locations or the locations to avoid. For example, we were once right above an outside smoking area and had to move due to the smell. Would appreciate any insights. 

1 hour ago, PrivateIdaho said:

We are getting ready to book our Vista cruise, and looking for advice on the best cabin locations or the locations to avoid. For example, we were once right above an outside smoking area and had to move due to the smell. Would appreciate any insights. 

Realize other's preferences are not yours.  Once upon a time we booked the farthest forward cabin on Deck 16.  Add Force 10 seas and we were up and down 30', with hangers in the closet scritching back and forth.  An 'E' ride for us (albeit tiring), but lots of "worst cruise of our lives" complaints at next day's dinner (and the next  😉 ) about the motion from folks in steadier cabins: mid-ship and lower.  

• Thanks 1

On O you will NOT be above a smoking area, there are no rooms there unless you might be in an Oceania Suite. Spend a little time looking as the Deck Plans on line, the floor your are interested in, the floor above and below to see how it all looks. We had a terrible PH room once, under the entrances to the Terrace Cafe and Waves. The doors open and close constantly during the night as staff are preparing for the day. Riviera , 11065, Bad because my DW is a LIGHT sleeper 🤬
Pay attention to the side of the ship you might prefer, traveling south or north or you want to see land and entrances to the ports, or what your view might be. Remember, food is to the back for the most part, Concierge and Executive Lounges are forward, locations of stairways and elevators and whether you might be concerned about foot traffic, also the location and entrance to the Laundry Rooms which are forward. 

If your TA has sailed the ship or the Oceania Rep, ask for their opinions. If you are a DIYer and settling in on a specific room option, share it on the Board and I am sure you will get many “free” opinions. 😇🤞

Just Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

It depends upon your preferences.  We were just on Vista. We were on deck 7 near aft elevators.  7095 category B3 We love it.  My spouse has mobility issues.  Being close to the aft elevators was convenient to reach most of the dining venues. Vista deck plan is very similar to Marina or Riviera.  We have sailed on Marina/Riviera on decks 7,8,9, and 10. All were quiet.  My favorite on those ships is deck 7 aft B3 extended verandas. Vista made those cabins concierge class. Still worth booking if you like a big veranda.  Cabins with extended verandas book quickly.  My least favorite location is forward of the forward elevators.  There are some extended veranda cabins way forward. Felt too much vibration. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. We booked yesterday and were given a guaranteed Veranda cabin, which means we don’t get to pick a location, it will be assigned. In the past, we were told what was available and we selected. This could be interesting. 

37 minutes ago, PrivateIdaho said:

Thanks for the info. We booked yesterday and were given a guaranteed Veranda cabin, which means we don’t get to pick a location, it will be assigned. In the past, we were told what was available and we selected. This could be interesting. 

Guarantee can be good or bad.  I used to book them on Celebrity. Got some very nice upgrades. I am elite plus. My TA used to book gty and request certain locations. Never had a bad cabin.  Oceania is not as generous.  You can get undesirable cabins.  Friends booked gty and got the last veranda cabin on Nautica. It has a partially blocked veranda.  Oceania also overbooks.  If you don’t get a cabin assignment, you may not sail.  Be careful. Our most recent cruise, we were got email offer 4 days before sailing with an offer to move to a different cruise. It wasn’t the same itinerary. It was in March. Payoff wasn’t much. We sailed. Met several people who also got the offer. Watch out. Unless you like to live on the edge, don’t book gty on Oceania.

11 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Unless you like to live on the edge, don’t book gty on Oceania.

Unfortunately gty was all that was available in Veranda cabins. And yes, we like to live on the edge. 😂

• Like 1

We are booked on Vista 3/16. Booked gty PH 3 as only PH available at time we booked. Nothing that category and above have been available since we booked. Will be interesting to see what we finally get. Do they ever downgrade you and offer $$ if nothing available above? This is our first time on Oceania. Have been loyal to Celebrity for over 20 years. Time for a change

1 hour ago, Fuzzy55 said:

Nothing that category and above have been available since we booked. Will be interesting to see what we finally get.

Will be interested to know how this pans out. Please keep us updated. 

3 hours ago, PrivateIdaho said:

Unfortunately gty was all that was available in Veranda cabins. And yes, we like to live on the edge. 😂

Good luck. Hope it works out.  Usually somebody cancels as you get close to the cruise.  It happened to us last year.  We were all packed, ready to fly the next day, my spouse took ill, and needed emergency surgery. We canceled 24 hours before cruise.

51 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

We were all packed, ready to fly the next day, my spouse took ill, and needed emergency surgery. We canceled 24 hours before cruise.

Oh dear, hope you had trip insurance. Pre Covid, we never did trip insurance. Now, never leave home without it. Hope your spouse is 100% now. 

5 minutes ago, PrivateIdaho said:

Oh dear, hope you had trip insurance. Pre Covid, we never did trip insurance. Now, never leave home without it. Hope your spouse is 100% now. 

Just sailed on Vista.  Nice trip.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PrivateIdaho said:

Which sailing in March?  We are on the 3/9 sailing, which is showing full/waitlisted.  We do have an assigned stateroom.

5 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Be careful. Our most recent cruise, we were got email offer 4 days before sailing with an offer to move to a different cruise. It wasn’t the same itinerary. It was in March. Payoff wasn’t much. We sailed. Met several people who also got the offer. Watch out. Unless you like to live on the edge, don’t book gty on Oceania.

What were the terms?  Did you have an option of what other cruise to change to?  For the same amount as your current cruise, and in the same stateroom category?

3 hours ago, Fuzzy55 said:

We are booked on Vista 3/16. Booked gty PH 3 as only PH available at time we booked. Nothing that category and above have been available since we booked. Will be interesting to see what we finally get. Do they ever downgrade you and offer $$ if nothing available above? This is our first time on Oceania. Have been loyal to Celebrity for over 20 years. Time for a change

I have heard of this happening.  Just make sure that you receive more $$ than the difference in your stateroom category.  For example:  Your PH GTY cost you $4000 and you are moved to a Veranda costing $2500.  You should get a $1500 refund back to your credit card (don't accept OBC because you would probably not spend that much onboard), plus a reasonable amount of OBC to your account.

1 hour ago, SATaxman said:

We were looking at a TA cruise. What do you do for 5 days at sea?

While have not done one it is on our bucket list for the future.

Relax, eat, sleep late, eat, be lazy, eat, read, oh and did I mention eat.😀

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woofa said:

While have not done one it is on our bucket list for the future.

Relax, eat, sleep late, eat, be lazy, eat, read, oh and did I mention eat.😀

Who wrote they were on a Miami to Rome?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrivateIdaho said:

MIA to Rome March 27

😮 In that case, I do hope you get an assigned stateroom sooner rather than later.  I would be very nervous not having an assignment at least two weeks out. However, with a TA crossing, I think your odds are on your side that someone will have to back out because of illness.  That's sad, but no one in their right mind should attempt a TA if they are feeling ill, or were sick up to a week or so before sailing.  Too much at risk of the illness further developing.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Woofa said:

We were looking at a TA cruise. What do you do for 5 days at sea?

We’ve done one other TA and managed to keep ourselves occupied. Gym, spa, hot tubs, reading, lectures, cooking class, Rummikub and relax. 

• Like 1