Vista Veranda Cabin Locations

PrivateIdaho

We are looking at OC Suites either 11008, 12006 or 12009. I am concerned they will all be noisy either under the Terrace Cafe or Horizons Cafe. I am not sure spending all that money and having a noisy suite is worth it. Any advice please?
Marcy

7 minutes ago, MarcyLondon said:

We are looking at OC Suites either 11008, 12006 or 12009. I am concerned they will all be noisy either under the Terrace Cafe or Horizons Cafe. I am not sure spending all that money and having a noisy suite is worth it. Any advice please?
Marcy

We were in 11080 on Marina in October. Back of the ship, under Terrace Cafe. Not noisy; however, one afternoon while on our wraparound balcony, water started running down. I went upstairs to TC and they were hosing off the outside floor. I very nicely went down to the desk and said that they could have sent messages to us and 11083. About an hour later, a nice note and a bottle of chilled champagne arrived. Not sure if they hose it off every afternoon since we were off the ship most days. Other than that, it was fantastic. Have booked again for 2 more cruises on Marina.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:07 PM, Redtravel said:

If you don’t get a cabin assignment, you may not sail.

Could you verify this statement concerning Oceania? Have you or do you know anyone personally that had a guarantee that was refused boarding?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORV said:

Could you verify this statement concerning Oceania? Have you or do you know anyone personally that had a guarantee that was refused boarding?

"Refused boarding"?  It's not supposed to happen, no matter the cruise line.

But.  All the lines have staggering loans to pay off from 2020-2022, and are overbooking lest they are left with empty cabins when folks cancel.  As embarkation approaches, if a ship has more butts than beds, they make sweeter and sweeter "move over" offers trying to balance butts/beds.

Worst case, in theory, they'll cancel bookings a week or two before embarkation, and they'll start with the guarantees (nice irony there).  If something goes wrong with that step, then it's dockside boarding denials like with the 14 Quantum of the Seas pax in Brisbane last Nov.

Bottom line: Only on Quantum, and not on Oceania   ...so far.

The only case of actual denied boarding was the 14 Quantum of the Seas guarantees in Brisbane back in Nov '23.

Worst case that's been reported is the 14

9 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

"Refused boarding"?  It's not supposed to happen, no matter the cruise line.

But.  All the lines have staggering loans to pay off from 2020-2022, and are overbooking lest they are left with empty cabins when folks cancel.  As embarkation approaches, if a ship has more butts than beds, they make sweeter and sweeter "move over" offers trying to balance butts/beds.

Worst case, in theory, they'll cancel bookings a week or two before embarkation, and they'll start with the guarantees (nice irony there).  If something goes wrong with that step, then it's dockside boarding denials like with the 14 Quantum of the Seas pax in Brisbane last Nov.

Bottom line: Only on Quantum, and not on Oceania   ...so far.

The only case of actual denied boarding was the 14 Quantum of the Seas guarantees in Brisbane back in Nov '23.

Worst case that's been reported is the 14

Right, and that was my point. The other poster was referring to Oceania and I’ve never heard of a “may not sail” case with a guarantee. Now, there have been many situations where a meeting of the minds between Oceania and the customer have occurred and other arrangements were made, but no one with a guarantee has been denied boarding. That is why I asked @Redtravel for more details. 

FWIW for future reference this is not my first rodeo on Oceania. I hope you were explaining all that for others that may not be aware of the way it works. 

Edited by ORV

5 hours ago, ORV said:

Right, and that was my point.

Hmmm.  That wasn't quite my point.  Sorry I wasn't more clear.  I'll boil it down.

• All cruise lines now feel a need to overbook like airlines.

• They have layers of protocol to avoid leaving overbooked folks dockside.

• "Stuff" happens, even* to Oceania.

• If enough "stuff" happens, folks get left behind dockside.

• It'll be the guarantees left behind first

* no snarks, please  🙄

• Like 1

A good rule of thumb all other things being equal,  if you are affected by motion sickness the center of the ship both floor number and forward aft will be the fulcrum point and least movement.    The higher the floor and the more forward or aft will feel more Pitch movement.    Roll  (side to side movement) will be felt regardless of forward or aft but less pronounced on  middle floors.

We just booked 9110 on Vista. It's a concierge and the next stateroom aft of it is 9112 with the extended veranda. Is the visibility blocked in 9110 by the extended veranda next door? I couldn't find any pictures. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

It seems that extended balconies are just that…extensions beyond the usual balcony. From pictures, it looks as though the part of the balcony closest to the cabin is just about as private as other balconies. Nosey neighbors can always peek around. The extended part, of course, sticks out beyond the shorter balcony cabins, so I’d hesitate to walk out on the extended part in clothes I didn’t want to be seen in. Cruise ships or hotel rooms with balconies of any type are not designed to be a totally private area. 

As for the guarantee experience- My first O cruise, last December, on Vista, was an A4 guarantee. I did this at the advice of friends who have sailed Oceania many times. They have booked guarantees and always been happy with the result. The TA I used was my friends’ TA. As a first time Oceania cruiser, my fear was that I was at the bottom of the guarantee list and was, therefore highly likely to be bumped.  I discussed a guarantee booking at length with travel agent. She reassured me very clearly that I would get a cabin and would definitely sail. I received my cabin assignment about two weeks before sailing. I was upgraded to an A3, at a great location, very near the Concierge Lounge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have asked this before but did not get any response so I will ask again in this thread. Booked a gty and got assigned to a veranda state room under the bridge on deck 10 forward on Vista.  Has anyone had any experiences staying in a cabin under the bridge, will that be noisy at night?

3 hours ago, vipro said:

I have asked this before but did not get any response so I will ask again in this thread. Booked a gty and got assigned to a veranda state room under the bridge on deck 10 forward on Vista.  Has anyone had any experiences staying in a cabin under the bridge, will that be noisy at night?

We were upgraded to a veranda state room under the bridge on Insignia many years ago. We didn’t find it noisy at all. The worst thing was the movement on the Bay of Biscay, only time in 32 cruises that I’ve ever been seasick, thankfully it only lasted a few hours! One thing that did happen that was quite amusing, I received a phone call from the bridge politely informing me that I needed to close the curtain as the light from the cabin was affecting visibility from the Bridge! There is actually a sign in the room asking to close the curtains on an evening if you have lights on. It was toe curlingly embarrassing!!😂

On 3/27/2024 at 4:02 AM, sammyboots said:

We were upgraded to a veranda state room under the bridge on Insignia many years ago. We didn’t find it noisy at all. The worst thing was the movement on the Bay of Biscay, only time in 32 cruises that I’ve ever been seasick, thankfully it only lasted a few hours! One thing that did happen that was quite amusing, I received a phone call from the bridge politely informing me that I needed to close the curtain as the light from the cabin was affecting visibility from the Bridge! There is actually a sign in the room asking to close the curtains on an evening if you have lights on. It was toe curlingly embarrassing!!😂

Thanks for the info on this. Though we also like to leave the curtains open once in a while to stare outside at night but I guess we just need to remember to be considerate. Well, at least it is not as bad as being noisy. Thanks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vipro said:

Thanks for the info on this. Though we also like to leave the curtains open once in a while to stare outside at night but I guess we just need to remember to be considerate. Well, at least it is not as bad as being noisy. Thanks. 

I would think that closing the curtains would be a matter of safety, not one of simply being considerate.

• Like 1