Millie Sky Suite cabin location deck 6 or 9

zitsky

We are in a Sky Suite on deck 6.  I am debating moving to deck 9 to be closer to the spa or fitness center.

I see there is one SS left on our sailing on deck 9.  9111.  Cabin reports say some minor noise from being under the pool.

I believe the Retreat lounge and Luminae are on deck 4?  Is there much of a view?

I plan to get us a spa pass as we’re not in Aqua.  Also we use the fitness center almost every day.  I believe that is deck 10.  

And isn’t the Retreat Sun deck on deck 12?  I found a deck plan that said the Retreat Sun deck on Millie has its own pool and hot tub but I believe this is an error and it was referring to the main pool.

If you have been on deck 6 did you enjoy the location?  I am not excited about the view of the lifeboats but I expect it will be more quiet than being under the pool on deck 9, either in SS or Aqua.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

We are in a Sky Suite on deck 6.  I am debating moving to deck 9 to be closer to the spa or fitness center.

I see there is one SS left on our sailing on deck 9.  9111.  Cabin reports say some minor noise from being under the pool.

I believe the Retreat lounge and Luminae are on deck 4?  Is there much of a view?

I plan to get us a spa pass as we’re not in Aqua.  Also we use the fitness center almost every day.  I believe that is deck 10.  

And isn’t the Retreat Sun deck on deck 12?  I found a deck plan that said the Retreat Sun deck on Millie has its own pool and hot tub but I believe this is an error and it was referring to the main pool.

If you have been on deck 6 did you enjoy the location?  I am not excited about the view of the lifeboats but I expect it will be more quiet than being under the pool on deck 9, either in SS or Aqua.

I favor deck 6. The SS next to the PH are the nicest ones.

• Like 1

I have been on both deck 6 and 9 on Millennium. I have previously posted a video of my cabin balcony on deck 6 which you saw. To me, the lifeboats were not an issue. 

Cabin 9123 is an accessible cabin. It was very large, the bathroom was very large with a walk in shower. I found the bathroom lacking in storage, or at least it did before revolutionizing.  The mid-ship location was terrific. That balcony has a deep overhang, so taking photos from the balcony tended to be difficult. But I’m a shade lover and I’d be happy with it again if I was given it on a suite guarantee booking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Thank you both for your comments.  I have looked at many videos and websites and deck plans.  I appreciate the replies.  

We prefer deck 6 as we do not like being underneath the pool deck.  

My signature contains a live review and pictures I took of our Sky Suite #6100 on Millennium.  We were not bothered by the lifeboats blocking the view.  If you sat on the balcony and looked outward, you saw the ocean and not the lifeboats. Those were only in view when standing at the balcony rail and looking downward. 

There is no much of a view from the Retreat Lounge.  The bar area opens out to deck 4 and you can step outside and look over the railing.  In Luminae the window seats have a view but others are no afforded much of a view. 

The Retreat Sundeck is on deck 12 forward and has a hot tub but no pool.  

p.s. We are in an Aqua Sky Suite on deck six for our May cruise on Millennium. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I personally would not move to 9111. In addition to the noise from chairs being move on the pool deck, you'll also have to big overhang from the pool deck above you.

Correct, both Luminae and the Retreat Lounge are on deck 4. Luminae has 6 large windows on one side of the dining room [photo], which provide light to the rest of the intimate restaurant [photo]. The Retreat Lounge [photo 1] [photo 2] has no windows, except for the area by the bar, which also gives passengers access to the promenade deck. 

Correct.

The Retreat Sundeck on deck 12 has a hot tub [photo 1][photo 2].

I've been to those S1 suites [photo 1][photo 2][photo 3] over the lifeboats and the view of the lifeboats did not bother me as much as chair dragging noise from the pool deck above early in the morning would had bothered me. But it is ultimately your vacation and your decision.

Happy sailing!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, billc23 said:

I favor deck 6. The SS next to the PH are the nicest ones.

Yes. These two cabins have larger bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. But there is only one swing glass door in these cabins vs. two sliding glass doors so your view from the cabin is more obstructed. Also there is vey little shade above the balcony makes it very sunny most of the day. 

They used to have the same butler assigned to the PH, allegedly the best on the ship. Guess it doesn't matter now. 

31 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Deck 6. 

Persian Garden on Milli is great. 

Retreat sun deck is nice also. 

I’m still doing research.  The Persian Garden on Millie?  Are the heated loungers the same benches as the Eclipse or one long bench? 

Thank you.

Edited by zitsky

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m still doing research.  The Persian Garden on Millie?  Are the heated loungers the same benches as the Eclipse or one long bench? 

Thank you.

Go to you tube and take a look. I think its much better than the S class

I would stay on deck 6.  On deck 9, you will have pool loungers above you.  You will hear them being dragged around early morning (I know from experience).  I've had the deck 6 SS above the life boats, and when you are sitting on the balcony - it is not too terrible.  You can use the website cruisemapper to see exactly what will be above / below you really nicely rather than trying to guesstimate.  THey have deck plans and you can drag/drop them on top of each otther.  Celebrity Millennium Deck-Drag (cruisedeckplans.com)

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

Go to you tube and take a look. I think its much better than the S class

I went to X.com but I can’t seem to navigate the tour.  I did see a video a while ago but didn’t remember what ship it was.  I’ll check YouTube.

3 minutes ago, George C said:

6 you are one deck from shops and some restaurants, 2 deck from Luminae and the entertainment.

Thanks all.  I prefer to stay where we are and avoid the pool noise.  We can always grab an elevator to go up to the spa.  My husband wants to be closer to the fitness center.  He was spoiled by our Aqua cabin on the Eclipse.

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks all.  I prefer to stay where we are and avoid the pool noise.  We can always grab an elevator to go up to the spa.  My husband wants to be closer to the fitness center.  He was spoiled by our Aqua cabin on the Eclipse.

Celebrity has a fitness center 😁😁