Feeling the love from Viking

millybess

5 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

It takes several weeks to really explore the incredible diversity of the island from rain forest to dry forest, from sandy beaches to high mountains, cave systems, Taino archeological sites, rock carvings, quaint and historic towns, coffee plantations, bioluminiscent bays and coral reefs.

Ya, I got a taste of that on the drive from SJ to the Wyndam at PALMAS BEACH. We took the 'scenic' route, there was a horse in the road in one spot.  I like how the beach was left natural there. Those mountains are rugged as some areas of Hawaii.  How did they get everything in OSJ painted up so well, did they give everyone free paint or something? 

12 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

I just love this post and the thread it has engendered. Puts a big smile on my face.

I sent a link to the post to LauraS because I thought she and her staff would enjoy the kind words of the CD. I hope she got it and read it and shared it. It was so hard writing a subject line that didn't sound like SPAM!

We very much appreciate that.

Is there a reason why CC doesn't have their "Meet and Mingle" on Viking anymore?  I understand that Covid interrupted all of that, but having this get-together has made a big difference in this cruise for us personally.  

1 hour ago, millybess said:

We very much appreciate that.

Is there a reason why CC doesn't have their "Meet and Mingle" on Viking anymore?  I understand that Covid interrupted all of that, but having this get-together has made a big difference in this cruise for us personally.  

CC has not resumed the sign up for these events on any cruise line but Viking will host for any roll call that asks. Roll call has to do the asking and the collecting of names and Viking will handle the rest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, millybess said:

Is there a reason why CC doesn't have their "Meet and Mingle" on Viking anymore?

Cruise Critic has not restarted their m &m  for  rolls tot sign up for  and when they reach 25 folks CC would arrange with cruise line a m&m. So now each roll call on Viking can  get a list together of people's name, state room numbers and  someone can arrange with Gust relation / CD or Hotel director for the meeting. I did this for our sailing back in June.

It was wonderful as usual with drinks, appetizers, music and officers attending.It is a great way to get to know people from your roll all and then see  around ship ,on excursions etc. I always meet new friends, some I still keep in contact with after I get home.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Cruise Critic has not restarted their m &m  for  rolls rot sign up for  and when they reach 25 folks CC would arrange with cruise line a m&G. So now each roll call on Viking can  get a list tighter of kpeoles name, state room numbers and  some can arrange with Gust relation / CD or Hotel director for a the meeting. I did this for our sailing back in June. It was wonderful as usual with drinks, appetizers, music and officers attending.It is a great way to get to know pool form you roll all and then see  around ship aon excursions etc. I always meet new friends, some I still keep in contact with after I get home.

It is indeed nice of Viking.

All it takes is for a Cruise Critic passenger to take charge, collect the names and info and personally contact and work with Viking to set a date/time and get it organized.  I've now done 4 of these this past year (including last month) and have one scheduled for our upcoming Saturn cruise in February.

Note - each ship seems to do it slightly different organization wise - some via the CD, some via Guest Relations, some Restaurant Manager, some will work with you ahead of time to set the date/time and some don't want any action until the organizer gets on board and meets face to face.  In any case, they are well worth the effort of the passenger putting it together!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

Just got on the Venus and the cooking classes were available under the excursions (they have changed the menu…..not for the better IMO.  No need to go to guest services, I just reserved a spot on the TV.  

We're going to be on the Venus in May and I was hoping to do the cooking class.  Can you please advise what the menu is changed to?  

16 minutes ago, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl said:

We're going to be on the Venus in May and I was hoping to do the cooking class.  Can you please advise what the menu is changed to?  

and which menus were changed?  On our last cruise they did four different classes (limited to 12):  California, Italian, Greek, French

On 1/24/2024 at 8:26 PM, CCWineLover said:

and which menus were changed?  On our last cruise they did four different classes (limited to 12):  California, Italian, Greek, French

At last on the world cruise, the menus seemed to be regional.  The 2 classes I did then were Indonesian and Thai cooking.  We were near those places.  Up the coast of Norway for Northern Lights, we have Norwegian cooking, so this seems to hold out.  

14 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

At last on the world cruise, the menus seemed to be regional.  The 2 classes I did then were Indonesian and Thai cooking.  We were near those places.  Up the coast of Norway for Northern Lights, we have Norwegian cooking, so this seems to hold out.  

And there has to be sea days!!  Our upcoming one Rome to Athens as no sea days so no cooking classes or bridge tours for sure.