Review Oceania Vista

English Tim

We did a b2b in July in August and a cruise on Vista in Jan. We were in concierge cabins. Both times I asked our steward for a clock and received beautiful clocks both times.

Rhea

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, edgee said:

Sounds good Any noise from Deck 14 above?

Nothing from above, either side or the hallway - have booked the same for a couple future cruises.  We don't use the lounge, just go to Baristas for our morning fix!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Yes could hear the tv, talking, coughing. But really just took it in stride. 

The NO clock was annoying, asked for one and was told the ship has none. So yes have to bring my own clock. 

Hello my friend Jonthomas.

On our Regatta cruise last Sept, we had the nightstand clocks.  A very nice amenity.

5 hours ago, rheasue38 said:

We did a b2b in July in August and a cruise on Vista in Jan. We were in concierge cabins. Both times I asked our steward for a clock and received beautiful clocks both times.

Rhea

We asked for a clock in our PH2 and it was brought to our room within an hour or two.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, basor said:

We had a cabin on Deck 12 - cabins on both sides and didn't hear a peep....and so close to everything!!!

Pleased to hear that, thank you.  We are in a PH1 on Deck 12 in April.

7 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Hello my friend Jonthomas.

On our Regatta cruise last Sept, we had the nightstand clocks.  A very nice amenity.

Hi there Feta,

Yes we miss the clock. Had it on all other O ships. 

Hope to see you on a future cruise.

We will be back to Alaska in Sept. Just didn't get enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, seaventuregal said:

We asked for a clock in our PH2 and it was brought to our room within an hour or two.

We asked too and were told Vista does NOT have them, but we were not in a penthouse. 

13 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Pleased to hear that, thank you.  We are in a PH1 on Deck 12 in April.

We are talking about VISTA and there are no PH on Deck 12 on VISTA - Concierge Verandah, Vista Suites and Oceania Suites....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

On Vista now poolside music is great 

What type of music?  Are you having trouble with finding a lounge?

On 1/31/2024 at 5:57 PM, Acrusa said:

In our cabin on deck 9 no noise from next. door. We watch the tv CC haven't heard any sounds 

If you cruise on Vista be sure to bring a clock LOL

What stateroom # were you in?

Clock?  I have a clock on my phone, my iPad, and surely there is one on the T.V.  I ditched my travel clock years ago!

On 1/31/2024 at 9:18 PM, Hanoj said:

We either use a portable white noise machine or play a 10 hour white noise YouTube video (no ads) from an iPad. These work well for us if there’s some noise outside our cabin. My wife can use earplugs. Though I tried many times, I yet to get to sleep with them in.

We use a white noise machine, plus have a "white noise" app on my iPad where I use the purple sound.  To be able to play a Youtube video, don't you need to have the WiFi on?  I would think that the signal would cut in and out.

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Clock?  I have a clock on my phone, my iPad, and surely there is one on the T.V.  I ditched my travel clock years ago!

We use a white noise machine, plus have a "white noise" app on my iPad where I use the purple sound.  To be able to play a Youtube video, don't you need to have the WiFi on?  I would think that the signal would cut in and out.

Music band playing 80s to current hits very nice no trouble finding lounger although we chose to sit on chairs in shade

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

WOW that's a lot of mumbo jumbo to me.

You sure travel with a lot of equipment when all I want is a simple clock LOL

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

We didn't have any issue, at least not before I fell asleep (I seem to recall there was one morning it had stopped and not resumed - I usually run a 10 hr version). Vista was the first O ship to have the new WiFi and we sailed under the old O Life program with only one login. DW would go to bed earlier and be off her device and then I would use mine. I would set the YT white noise before turning in. Vista's WiFi was best we've enjoyed at sea.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

We didn't have any issue, at least not before I fell asleep (I seem to recall there was one morning it had stopped and not resumed - I usually run a 10 hr version). Vista was the first O ship to have the new WiFi and we sailed under the old O Life program with only one login. DW would go to bed earlier and be off her device and then I would use mine. I would set the YT white noise before turning in. Vista's WiFi was best we've enjoyed at sea.

Actually when SM started every stateroom received 2 log ins whether you were sailing under OLife, cruise only or SM.  We sailed on VISTA in October and November with OLife and had 2 log ins.  Each person in the cabin needed to set up their own log in.  You could not just use the same log in.  Too bad you were unaware,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waltershipman said:

Music band playing 80s to current hits very nice no trouble finding lounger although we chose to sit on chairs in shade

That sounds good.  Though I would love to hear some Caribbean themed music in the islands.

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

WOW that's a lot of mumbo jumbo to me.

You sure travel with a lot of equipment when all I want is a simple clock LOL

LOL  Yes, I can makes phone calls, see what is going on around the ship on the Oceania app (although I do prefer the paper version), check email, surf the web, talk with the grandchildren while seeing their faces on a large screen (iPad), use as a back-up white noise machine (sounds like I may need two while sailing on the Vista), and I can also tell time. 

Can your clock do that? 

Only kidding you.  😉  I dismissed the smart phone for the longest time.  We would get on the ship and lock it up in the safe until the end of the cruise.  I loved my little travel clock, with the lighted dial, until the alarm setting knob fell off and disappeared.   Instead of purchasing another, I caved!!!

41 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

That's good to know!!!

5 hours ago, basor said:

We are talking about VISTA and there are no PH on Deck 12 on VISTA - Concierge Verandah, Vista Suites and Oceania Suites....

Yes, I'm certainly aware the topic is Vista.  We are actually on Deck 11;  my oversight.  Hopefully, there will be no noise intrustion on Deck 11 either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, basor said:

Actually when SM started every stateroom received 2 log ins whether you were sailing under OLife, cruise only or SM.  We sailed on VISTA in October and November with OLife and had 2 log ins.  Each person in the cabin needed to set up their own log in.  You could not just use the same log in.  Too bad you were unaware,

We sailed August '23. Fairly certain we were only able to use one device at a time as I recall having to log off to allow my wife to log on. Wife had a log in issue for which we visited the IT guy, but he didn't mention anything about each of us using separate log ins and at the same time. Makes sense they would allow all guests two log ins beginning October when SM took affect, even for those booked under O Life. Can't image the fun IT would have had dealing with different user privileges for every cruise with both SM and O Life bookings. So, an upside to SM.

Edited by Hanoj
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

We sailed August '23. Fairly certain we were only able to use one device at a time as I recall having to log off to allow my wife to log on. Wife had a log in issue for which we visited the IT guy, but he didn't mention anything about each of us using separate log ins and at the same time. Makes sense they would allow all guests two log ins beginning October when SM took affect, even for those booked under O Life. Can't image the fun IT would have had dealing with different user privileges for every cruise with both SM and O Life bookings. So, an upside to SM.

SM didn't start unitl 01OCT23 so you are correct only one log in at the time you sailed.  Since you mentioned that you were booked under OLife and not SM, I assumed you sailed after SM took effect.  

• Like 1