Jubilee - ChiBang & Capucina del Capitano Dining

I know that both "specialties" are included at this point but I've heard on a YouTube review I cannot find now that if you have an assigned dining time you cannot make a reservation before a certain time.  Is this true? Is that just if you try to book it on the app while onboard? What if you just show up and ask to be seated?

I realize other ships have these restaurants but I am speaking specifically to the Jubilee as it's new and the dining for the first year or so may be a bit different than other similar ships.

The way it has been on Mardi Gras and Celebration is people with assigned dining couldn't eat there before 7pm because it was a part of YTD. I don't know if that has changed in the year+ that I haven't been on those ships. One thing that has changed is you can only eat at each of them at dinner once for free. After that it's an $8 upcharge.

You can just use the app onboard. We had the same situation on Celebration last year, when many of the specialty restaurants were free.

That said, we werent overly impressed with either. Caupucina was decent italian food. ChiBang was just weird fusion seemed more interested in making wild looking dishes vs actually tasting good...

If you have "Your Time Dining" you can request a table (in the app) anytime the restaurant is open for dinner (I believe it is between 5:30 - 9:00). That is what we did.

I haven't experienced it, but I've heard that if you have an assigned (early or late) dining time, you can't request a table until 7:30 I think.

We have never tried it, but I don't believe you can request a table at the door - I think they will direct you to the app.

We were on Jubilee the end of December and at that time the specialty restaurants were running extremely slowly (for example, it took exactly an hour to get our dinner after the appetizer at Cucina).  It's likely because the crew was new to working together, etc. so it might be better now.  

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The way it has been on Mardi Gras and Celebration is people with assigned dining couldn't eat there before 7pm because it was a part of YTD. I don't know if that has changed in the year+ that I haven't been on those ships. One thing that has changed is you can only eat at each of them at dinner once for free. After that it's an $8 upcharge.

The Jubilee does not yet have the upcharge for a 2nd time at Chibang/Capucina.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iria64 said:

The Jubilee does not yet have the upcharge for a 2nd time at Chibang/Capucina.

Good. Just in case there was something like that is why I specified my experience was Mardi Gras and Celebration. It’s weird and confusing that they have different rules for ships in the same class, but that’s good for my upcoming Jubilee cruises.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1