C'mon Princess - issues with itinerary change

nbsjcruiser

1 hour ago, eclue said:

Better to cancel the port than go in to a war/terrorist hijack zone.

Absolutely.  I just feel bad for those on board who were expecting the trip of a lifetime and then this happens.  That is the world we live in though.  I am thinking that the World Cruise on the Coral that departs in April will have to be tweaked as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 4:13 PM, azbirdmom said:

That is very odd.  I just now went back into the Personalizer and looked at both the Itinerary and Excursions (latter screenshot below).  No changes, still has Costa Maya on April 29th.

image.thumb.png.f9875c0916fca546683c1774b36c473f.png

So we just got the notice below.  And while the Mahogany Bay port schedule still shows us as being there on April 29th, the notice from Princess states we will still be in Roatan on May 1, just moving to Coxen Hole.  Was really looking forward to a nice day at the beach at Mahogany Bay.  Oh well...

image.png.cfef925485a245aa05dd8ff36c48970d.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

So we just got the notice below.  And while the Mahogany Bay port schedule still shows us as being there on April 29th, the notice from Princess states we will still be in Roatan on May 1, just moving to Coxen Hole.  Was really looking forward to a nice day at the beach at Mahogany Bay.  Oh well...

image.png.cfef925485a245aa05dd8ff36c48970d.png

Sorry to see this got changed on you.  I just don't know what the heck is going on with Princess.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Sorry to see this got changed on you.  I just don't know what the heck is going on with Princess.  

Sadly Princess doesn't seem to know what's going on either...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Roatan port bingo continues!  We had previously been notified that our port stop in Roatan was moving from Mahogany Bay to Coxen Hole on May 1st.  The excuse was port congestion which meant the newer larger Carnival Jubilee had first dibs on the spot and adding the Enchanted to the mix would put the port over capacity so we had to move.  Well this morning Princess issued a notice that we are moving back to Mahogany Bay.  A check of the port schedule reveals that we will be in port with the slightly lower capacity Mardi Gras and the Jubilee has been moved to April 30th.  So it seems like this shuffling of ships in Roatan affects Carnival too.  I'm just glad that we are back in Mahogany Bay but gee....

On 2/13/2024 at 11:21 PM, azbirdmom said:

the notice from Princess states we will still be in Roatan on May 1, just moving to Coxen Hole.  Was really looking forward to a nice day at the beach at Mahogany Bay.

Well this morning Princess issued a notice that we are moving back to Mahogany Bay.   I'm just glad that we are back in Mahogany Bay but gee....

what's the difference between these two?

We've been to Roatan a couple of times, but I am not even sure what particular port we were at. I think it was Coxen Hole both times. We just took a taxi to the beach (Infinity bay beach club in West Bay - it's next to Tabyana beach).

We are going to be in Roatan again this June and at this time it's supposed to be Mahogany Bay port, but what's the difference? What's better about Mahogany Bay port?

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

what's the difference between these two?

We've been to Roatan a couple of times, but I am not even sure what particular port we were at. I think it was Coxen Hole both times. We just took a taxi to the beach (Infinity bay beach club in West Bay - it's next to Tabyana beach).

We are going to be in Roatan again this June and at this time it's supposed to be Mahogany Bay port, but what's the difference? What's better about Mahogany Bay port?

We've been to Mahogany Bay 4 times and it's a private area owned by Carnival Corp.  There's shops and a beach that you can either walk to or take the chair lift to within the complex.  The beach there isn't as nice as Tabyana or other beaches we've visited on Roatan but it will do and is free (unless you need the chair lift).  Coxen Hole is more of a city with no beach so you have to pay to reach one.  It would have been our first time to Coxen Hole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/19/2024 at 11:29 AM, nbsjcruiser said:

Got a strange email for our upcoming cruise on the Sky. It mentioned our excursion was incomplete. We had booked a beach day at Mahogany Bay. Looking at the itinerary (screenshot attached) it now says undefined. I know there's a huge Carnival ship in the same day we are. They've known for months that these two ships would be in the same time. I know they cancelled this port on the Regal not too long ago and to be honest, if they substitute a day at sea I'll be pizzed. I never would book this itinerary with 3 days at sea - not the Western. I'll make the best of it of course but it won't go down easy.

Thoughts? Anyone get note that there cruise changed?

image.thumb.png.6a1f4f824053ed4617d24f7b3223745c.png

The ruling on the field...... the penalty is on Princess....nbsjcruiser is awarded $350.00 USD  in OBC and a Chiefs First Down!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

We've been to Mahogany Bay 4 times and it's a private area owned by Carnival Corp.  There's shops and a beach that you can either walk to or take the chair lift to within the complex.  The beach there isn't as nice as Tabyana or other beaches we've visited on Roatan but it will do and is free

oh, in that case that'd be great. There will be 5 of us, with a somewhat immobile dad, so the expenses for getting 5 to the beach and entrance fees certainly add up very quickly.

I hope we get to go to the Mahogany Bay. 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

oh, in that case that'd be great. There will be 5 of us, with a somewhat immobile dad, so the expenses for getting 5 to the beach and entrance fees certainly add up very quickly.

I hope we get to go to the Mahogany Bay. 🙂

I hope you do too.  Here's a link to info about the port https://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

• Thanks 1