Does HAL monitor Social Media - My personal experience.

iflyrc5

I have seen people on the various HAL FB pages asking questions and wondering if HAL monitors social. I can tell from personal experience today that they do for sure monitor as least some postings. A couple of days ago on one of the HAL FB forums someone was asking about the times that the pools are open on the Rotterdam. Since we are currently on the Rotterdam and I had the daily program on the desk I checked and the times were listed as 9am to 9pm. I posted that information and also stated that I had noticed them being available earlier than 9am. Today I got a note from Guest Services - It stated. "We would like to update you regarding your feedback via Social Media. Please be advised that the pool hours have bee adjusted which is now reflected on the Daily Program and the Navigator". I think that is amazing that in less than 48 hours HAL has monitored Social Media and corrected an issue. GREAT JOB to the HAL team member that is doing this!

• Like 4

I would like to think they listened to us here, wanting to bring ship libraries back. We complained endlessly, and now most HAL  ships have them back to a greater or lesser degree. 

And perhaps they will also bring back classical music in an intimate setting, as one of their daily music offerings. HAL had to go through a very rough time - these past few years. All is forgiven and much is now getting restored.

Long may she sail with many of her formerly unique traditions intact.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

I would like to think they listened to us here, wanting to bring ship libraries back. We complained endlessly, and now most HAL  ships have them back to a greater or lesser degree. 

And perhaps they will also bring back classical music in an intimate setting, as one of their daily music offerings. HAL had to go through a very rough time - these past few years. All is forgiven and much is now getting restored.

Long may she sail with many of her formerly unique traditions intact.

From your lips to God's ear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I would expect that as HAL has a social media presence that its social media managers monitor social media posts.  Social media posts can be very influential with lots of people these days.

My family and I are not on Facebook, but years ago on the Veendam we asked the waiter in the MDR if he could turn down the A/C. He said "yes, we'll take care of it. If it's not fixed right away, it will be on Facebook." That was in 2015.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2