Sun Princess Premium Deluxe Balcony

1 hour ago, crossingfan said:

I do like the cabin and am pleased to have loungers on the balcony 

I like the cabin too!

My first impression of the balcony was “ we are going to be peeping Tom’s!”

I really do not like looking at other’s balconies.

But those lounge chairs will do just fine.

Wondering if anyone on-board the Sun can give some information on this category? Benefits, upgrades, restaurant, sun deck use? Are you getting Signature benefits in a D0- aft?

Yes, would really enjoy some detailed input about the DO balcony cabin on the Sun Princess.  I have spoken with Princess Cruise Line reps on a couple of occasions about it and they are uncertain what makes this cabin "Premium", other than the size of the balcony.  Seems to me it's quite pricey if that's the only difference between that and a regular balcony...

I did notice that on cruisedeckplans.com, if you click on the Sun Princess DO balcony cabin and look at the Features tab, down at the bottom it reads "Category DO balconies include Signature Benefits."  This website is not related to the official Princess Cruise Line website, so I have no idea how accurate the information is.

I, too, am very curious to hear from passengers who actually stayed in the DO category cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KittyKuddler said:

Yes, would really enjoy some detailed input about the DO balcony cabin on the Sun Princess.  I have spoken with Princess Cruise Line reps on a couple of occasions about it and they are uncertain what makes this cabin "Premium", other than the size of the balcony.  Seems to me it's quite pricey if that's the only difference between that and a regular balcony...

I did notice that on cruisedeckplans.com, if you click on the Sun Princess DO balcony cabin and look at the Features tab, down at the bottom it reads "Category DO balconies include Signature Benefits."  This website is not related to the official Princess Cruise Line website, so I have no idea how accurate the information is.

I, too, am very curious to hear from passengers who actually stayed in the DO category cabin.

Oh, that is also site I saw this on.

i did a mock booking as D0- aft was sold out, so chose a guarantee D0-aft and that includes the description as well, saying signature benefits.  This was not the pop up. It was on my laptop.

SUN was in Naples today so I expect less posts.

Appreciate all who are sharing.

The only feedback I have so far, is a fb friend  has D0-aft-17603 in March and reserved in Signature restaurant. Her family have premium deluxe balconies midship and cannot book in Signature restaurant. Her cabin was priced higher then her family’s midship.

28 minutes ago, dog said:

The only feedback I have so far, is a fb friend  has D0-aft-17603 in March and reserved in Signature restaurant. Her family have premium deluxe balconies midship and cannot book in Signature restaurant. Her cabin was priced higher then her family’s midship.

Well, that’s excellent news in general.  Having that dining room and Signature area of the Sanctuary are both important factors to me in booking this category.  
Now if only the person on the current sailing would give us some more information soon, that would be wonderful 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, crossingfan said:

Well, that’s excellent news in general.  Having that dining room and Signature area of the Sanctuary are both important factors to me in booking this category.  
Now if only the person on the current sailing would give us some more information soon, that would be wonderful 

Yes, the dining & Sun deck are a plus. I have also booked a S9 for a couple of cruises but the balcony looks small. May reconsider.

Edited by dog

Regarding DO Premium balconies, I've just done some dummy bookings on the UK Princess website and they do not show Signature benefits.

We've been in Reserve mini-suites a few times and have never been able to book a table either on-line or onboard.

It will be interesting to hear from someone currently onboard in a DO to see what they are getting!

Agree it would be good to hear from someone on board. We have a booked in a D0 for this summer and while it was chosen mostly for the location and big balcony, idea of Signature Perks is also nice! Looking today on the Deck Plans, still shows as "Enjoy Signature Upgrades and Benefits" and a booking on the UK mobile website brings that up too.

For what it's worth, we have been able to book Signature Dining for this summer via the App. We'll see what happens...

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

Agree it would be good to hear from someone on board. We have a booked in a D0 for this summer and while it was chosen mostly for the location and big balcony, idea of Signature Perks is also nice! Looking today on the Deck Plans, still shows as "Enjoy Signature Upgrades and Benefits" and a booking on the UK mobile website brings that up too.

For what it's worth, we have been able to book Signature Dining for this summer via the App. We'll see what happens...

Interesting. I’m actually booked in a Signature suite this summer and can’t book signature dining.

11 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Interesting. I’m actually booked in a Signature suite this summer and can’t book signature dining.

How odd. I'm fully prepared for my Signature Perks to be a IT error and disappear. I've never travelled in a Suite, but from chatting to those who have 'turn up when you like to dine' seems to be one of the big appeals. Not sure booking is really necessary. Have a great cruise when it comes!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

How odd. I'm fully prepared for my Signature Perks to be a IT error and disappear. I've never travelled in a Suite, but from chatting to those who have 'turn up when you like to dine' seems to be one of the big appeals. Not sure booking is really necessary. Have a great cruise when it comes!

Thank you!  It will be our first experience in a suite. We had a Reserve Class mini suite last summer on the Regal and loved the dining experience. I did get an answer from someone onboard who verified that no reservations are needed in the Signature dining room.  Happy to have that verified.  Now, we wait…….😃

• Like 2

That doesn't look very private, which is what I look for in a balcony cabin, so we choose an aft facing. The sound of the wake helps mask the conversations of nearby neighbors. 

1 hour ago, VaCruzers said:

That doesn't look very private, which is what I look for in a balcony cabin, so we choose an aft facing. The sound of the wake helps mask the conversations of nearby neighbors. 

Which aft- facing are on the Sun?

1 minute ago, dog said:

Which aft- facing are on the Sun?

dog, sorry my post was a bit incomplete. We prefer the Grand class ships with huge private aft facing balconies. We have no interest in any ships larger than that class. So, I actually don't know whether Sun has aft facing balconies or not. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 5:33 AM, Leo37 said:

Guess it is up to you to report back.

Also, surprised that there hasn’t been a Live on here.

I follow a few regular cruisers on fb and there are great posts coming from them.

22 minutes ago, dog said:

Guess it is up to you to report back.

Also, surprised that there hasn’t been a Live on here.

I follow a few regular cruisers on fb and there are great posts coming from them.

Well honestly, I think that Princess is in such a mess in general that the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. However, I do wish that someone would post about this category.

I think that the Sanctuary is a huge disappointment, no shade and cheap loungers. If category D0 doesn’t have Signature benefits as shown on Princess website deck plans I might well cancel my cruise 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, crossingfan said:

Well honestly, I think that Princess is in such a mess in general that the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. However, I do wish that someone would post about this category.

I think that the Sanctuary is a huge disappointment, no shade and cheap loungers. If category D0 doesn’t have Signature benefits as shown on Princess website deck plans I might well cancel my cruise 

You are right.  My guess is the sanctuary & sun deck have not been completed. Hope so.

i have only one of my 4 cruises on the new ships booked in D0- aft. The others are S9.

I really like the location , deck space and fare I got for the D0- aft and will keep it anyway.

The S9- I do not like the tiny balcony nor the Sun deck, at this point.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/23/2024 at 11:05 PM, Cruising Forever! said:

I was just looking at Premium Deluxe Balcony locations on the new Sun Princess, and I noticed this cabin, 16321 (there are several with this config) which seems to have an enormous balcony with views out to sea, and then down the length of the ship.  Does anyone know if this is the case?  I've tried to see those cabins up close, but I can't tell from the pictures released, so far.  I'd hate booking one of these, hoping for that giant balcony, only to find that the actual balcony is the same as the adjacent ones, but then has a broad (nearly cabin sized) platform extending out from it which would be a very obstructed view of the sea!  LOL  I think it has to be a giant balcony, right?

image.png.2ae4579a7109360ca54402c93baef072.png

@Cruising Forever!

Here is a video of the cabin balcony.

The balcony is huge. 

https://www.instagram.com/falaotavio/reel/C3xqcfENUT2/

Edited by CaptainKirk
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 1:54 AM, Leo37 said:

We've also booked one of those rooms. Looking at photos of the ship, there are certainly 'ins and outs' to the shop, where the balconies seem to be more inset and then further out. So that makes me think we really will get a bigger balcony joining the two parts together. But until she sails in a few weeks time, going to be hard to know for sure 

sun-princess-family-adventure-spaces~2.jpg

Just now the Princess website has removed the Signature benefits for 16604 etc.  I contacted everyone at Princess I could think of to make them aware of this matter

I am completely disappointed in several aspects of the SUN and am not considering this ship anymore.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Just now the Princess website has removed the Signature benefits for 16604 etc.  I contacted everyone at Princess I could think of to make them aware of this matter

I am completely disappointed in several aspects of the SUN and am not considering this ship anymore.

We decided to cancel our cruise on the Sun Princess.  Just too many things we either don’t like how they are set up or just underwhelmed with the ship in general.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the video. It clearly dispels any uncertainty on the size of the state room and balcony. The balcony is about twice the size of its neighbors with larger lounge chairs. The opaque divider isn't in view on the video but its there for privacy. The stateroom is the same size as its neighbors. Many Thanks...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 5:49 PM, CaptainKirk said:

@Cruising Forever!

Here is a video of the cabin balcony.

The balcony is huge. 

https://www.instagram.com/falaotavio/reel/C3xqcfENUT2/

1 hour ago, underwayatlast said:

Thanks for the video. It clearly dispels any uncertainty on the size of the state room and balcony. The balcony is about twice the size of its neighbors with larger lounge chairs. The opaque divider isn't in view on the video but it’s there for privacy. The stateroom is the same size as its neighbors. Many Thanks...

——————-

dog says:

my post above says  Princess website has been corrected and today I got an email & a voicemail from Princess with the explanation that the larger balcony is the reason for the price being higher then midship or forward.  This is not always the case when I price other cruises.

I’m expecting to hear something about the website errors that have been there for months.

————-

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

So, after 2 days of Princess correcting their website on the aft D0 category they have told me No benefits or upgrades, as previously advertised.

said sorry I was misinformed.