Sun Princess Premium Deluxe Balcony

I was just looking at Premium Deluxe Balcony locations on the new Sun Princess, and I noticed this cabin, 16321 (there are several with this config) which seems to have an enormous balcony with views out to sea, and then down the length of the ship.  Does anyone know if this is the case?  I've tried to see those cabins up close, but I can't tell from the pictures released, so far.  I'd hate booking one of these, hoping for that giant balcony, only to find that the actual balcony is the same as the adjacent ones, but then has a broad (nearly cabin sized) platform extending out from it which would be a very obstructed view of the sea!  LOL  I think it has to be a giant balcony, right?

image.png.2ae4579a7109360ca54402c93baef072.png

• Like 1

We've also booked one of those rooms. Looking at photos of the ship, there are certainly 'ins and outs' to the shop, where the balconies seem to be more inset and then further out. So that makes me think we really will get a bigger balcony joining the two parts together. But until she sails in a few weeks time, going to be hard to know for sure 

sun-princess-family-adventure-spaces~2.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruising Forever! said:

Hmm- that photo makes it look like the balcony might be the worse case scenario with a standard balcony - too hard to tell though.

on the other hand, what would make it “Premium” otherwise?

I think "premium" is location more than size of cabin.  ??

• Like 2

Yes,  Premium refers to that larger extended balcony.  (cabin should be standard)

And, yes, this balcony will be enormous.

My only consideration would be the wind, in that location.

In one of these that is forward facing,  I am thinking like sticking your hand our the car window when driving down the road.

You can go online to cruise deck plans, look up the P&O Iona...

You should be able to see there that some of these have videos posted...  click to view them on YouTube.

Slightly different interior cabin, of course...  but very very similar balcony.

Here is a video...

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes,  Premium refers to that larger extended balcony.  (cabin should be standard)

In one of these that is forward facing,  I am thinking like sticking your hand our the car window when driving down the road.

You should be able to see there that some of these have videos posted...  click to view them on YouTube.

Here is a video...

Cool video!  Thank you.  I'm guessing the ones on the Sun will be deeper?

Premium does not automatically mean a larger balcony. Possibly the Sun will be different in this interpretation. There are many balconies on other Princess ships that are designated Premium or Premium Deluxe and have the shallow balconies!

It is best to look at the deck plans on Princess for size comparisons. But the Sun may be different.

Edited by nini

Nice video. Does show a deeper balcony. Re deck plans for the Sun, yes it shows these cabins as having larger balcony so fingers crossed it's like that in real life.

• Like 1

To me it looks like the balcony will be similar in depth????   

We will start getting feedback and videos in a few weeks!

Yes, it is always good to check deck plans...

In almost, ALMOST, every case, the word 'premium' will be a larger balcony...  (not interior) but a larger deeper exterior balcony.  ( or premium deluxe balcony )

The size/depth of the balcony on AFT wake-view cabins on most ships can vary  (which the SUN does not really have these aft balconies)...    They can be deeper on some decks than others.... however, these can be 'premium' even if they are not larger, because of the AFT wake-view.   

We have gone round and round, with a lot of confused information on this.

Which is not good for those who are newbies or are just not familiar.

But, it really is very simple.

Edited by Wishing on a star

Here is what I found during my research. I think it shows a better view of what to expect. Triple size balcony but not much privacy. Still, I can't wait to sit out there and watch a sunset!

balcony.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:07 AM, Patonick said:

Here is what I found during my research. I think it shows a better view of what to expect. Triple size balcony but not much privacy. Still, I can't wait to sit out there and watch a sunset!

balcony.jpg

From what I just read here on this site, the ship is not sailing on schedule, behind on construction.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:24 PM, Patonick said:

I hope so. I have booked 16459 and it is like that.

My wife & I are in 12604. I booked expepecting that huge balcony too...lol 

• Like 3

On 1/26/2024 at 12:37 PM, Cruisintimer said:

From what I just read here on this site, the ship is not sailing on schedule, behind on construction.

So far from what I read at least the first week has been cancelled.

On 1/24/2024 at 3:33 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Here is a video...

I notice they have a kettle, will I have one?

On 1/25/2024 at 11:05 AM, Leo37 said:

Nice video. Does show a deeper balcony. Re deck plans for the Sun, yes it shows these cabins as having larger balcony so fingers crossed it's like that in real life.

Premium is definitely a much larger/deeper balcony and I think an aft facing one would be preferable to avoid the effect of the wind.  I just hope there are more than 2 chairs. 2 Loungers and 2 chairs would be ideal I think. Large balconies are great for entertaining.

35 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

If you are noticing the video from the Iona,  this ship is a British ship...  thus the tea kettle.

Princess has kettles in cabins on UK and Japan sailings, FWIW. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am on Regal now and asked Future cruise/ captain club A. about the D0 - aft premium deluxe balcony in the aft area that says includes Signature benefits & upgrades: He said yes to eating in signature dining room & use of signature sun deck. No to signature lounge.

We will have to wait & see as I am not relying on anything he said

• Thanks 1

There is a video on Instagram if you search Sun Princess. It shows  the cabin next to a premium deluxe cabin and its looks like no privacy but a huge balcony. I don’t know how to share it here. Also…the picture shows a couch/ loveseat. But the description does not. We are wondering if there is another seating option in the premium deluxe cabin other than the desk chair. 

• Like 1

Just now, crossingfan said:

As am I🚢

35 minutes ago, dog said:

Looking for information about Signature Benefits for the D0- aft category?

I do like the cabin and am pleased to have loungers on the balcony 

• Like 1