princess easy air issues

simong

i sailed on holiday crown princess sailing from 12/22/2023-01/07/2024 the cruise overall was fine as expected the overall crew service is exceptional. my ongoing issue is "Princess Easy Air" we had r/t tickets on Alaska Air from Las Vegas to San Francisco flying in on 12/21/2023 returning 01/07/2024. The problem happened when the 737-900 Max was grounded, and the failure of Princess Air to Assist people trying to get home after the cruise is over, I called " Princess Air " when this news broke, to see if they could help finding other ways to get home. they were not aware of the problem. Alaska air thought they could have enough planes cleared to fly it might work out. on Sunday 01/07/2024 about 01:30 am i was getting text alerts about my flight cancellation. I got up quickly attempted to call "Princess Air " and would be hold a long time, in addition to trying to call Alaska Airlines as i realized the later flights were on the same aircraft that was grounded. i called southwest airlines got a rep within 5 minutes they had direct flights on a different aircraft and i quickly bought 2 tickets home. when i got home i dealt with Alaska Airlines through the "Chat Function" The rep put in for the refund and gave us a $250.00 per person flight credit for future travel on Alaska Airlines. when Alaska Airlines issued the Credit (which is slightly more then the tickets i bought on Southwest Airlines) was issued to princess air, which i had a princess rep send an email with the exact dollar amount, my booking number and in information of refund paid by Alaska Airlines, on 01/16/2024. Bottom line is Princess Air Receives a commission for providing a service and they failed to provide that service. i do feel strongly that i will get the refund that Alaska Airlines paid Princess Air will be forwarded to me. What i Learned is to Either book directly or us Princess Air until Closer to the sailing date cxl/ Princess Air and buy my own tickets going in at least 1 day before

Sorry, couldn't read all that with my first sip of coffee.

Can I suggest some spaces or something? Looks like just one big block of letters.

Guess I'm not awake ye, sorry

• Like 1

This happened to us going to a Cruise , Delta canceled our flight Reno to LA and good old SW came through for us thank goodness ....this all happened 4am day of cruise .We got no help from EZ Air lady finding another flight . We fly in day early now .

Once on board I started to tackle the Issue , Loyalty desk not a clue ,Guest services very polite but not our problem.

After many Princess Chats and Faxing flight cancellation details and new flight with Invoice they paid for our new SW Flights ...

This took several months but it did work out in the end. This was Feb 2023 ,we got refund around Oct 23 . I believe we had 2 forms they sent us to fill out . 

We were also on Crown over Christmas luckily our Alaska flight did go.

Good Luck.

1 hour ago, simong said:

i sailed on holiday crown princess sailing from 12/22/2023-01/07/2024 the cruise overall was fine as expected the overall crew service is exceptional. my ongoing issue is "Princess Easy Air" we had r/t tickets on Alaska Air from Las Vegas to San Francisco flying in on 12/21/2023 returning 01/07/2024. The problem happened when the 737-900 Max was grounded, and the failure of Princess Air to Assist people trying to get home after the cruise is over, I called " Princess Air " when this news broke, to see if they could help finding other ways to get home. they were not aware of the problem. Alaska air thought they could have enough planes cleared to fly it might work out. on Sunday 01/07/2024 about 01:30 am i was getting text alerts about my flight cancellation. I got up quickly attempted to call "Princess Air " and would be hold a long time, in addition to trying to call Alaska Airlines as i realized the later flights were on the same aircraft that was grounded. i called southwest airlines got a rep within 5 minutes they had direct flights on a different aircraft and i quickly bought 2 tickets home. when i got home i dealt with Alaska Airlines through the "Chat Function" The rep put in for the refund and gave us a $250.00 per person flight credit for future travel on Alaska Airlines. when Alaska Airlines issued the Credit (which is slightly more then the tickets i bought on Southwest Airlines) was issued to princess air, which i had a princess rep send an email with the exact dollar amount, my booking number and in information of refund paid by Alaska Airlines, on 01/16/2024. Bottom line is Princess Air Receives a commission for providing a service and they failed to provide that service. i do feel strongly that i will get the refund that Alaska Airlines paid Princess Air will be forwarded to me. What i Learned is to Either book directly or us Princess Air until Closer to the sailing date cxl/ Princess Air and buy my own tickets going in at least 1 day before

how did they not provide the service? they booked your flight. your flight was cancelled by the airline and you made alternate arrangements on your own

what is your problem exactly? i read your wall of text twice and still don't see what problem you think you have? is it because they didn't pick up the call in 5mins like southwest? that was the only "problem" that i got. 

@simong...Many people have issues with EZAir...and probably just as many have "success" stories.  I personally will NEVER use a cruise line's "air" service.  I much prefer to "be in control of my own destiny" (AKA make my own mistakes!).  admittedly, those services have great prices...until you start reading what they will or won't "allow".   I have some status on Delta so that helps defray some of the difference in pricing.

When something happens on an arranged flight reservation (not *if*) you're much more likely to be able to get a good resolution to your problem by NOT having to go through a middleman.

i will not use their air service ever again that's the lesson i learned. i am flying in the day before. Princess's Failing is they are receiving a commission they should earn it when issues arise. Also they received a refund, they should forward it to me without waiting too long. i likely would have been stuck in San Francisco for 2 days, i mitigated my losses by taking quick action