Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

I'll review lunch course by course in a bit. Gonna stop by the sauna first because if I go to the room right now to type it out On my computer I'm gonna crawl in my bed and 😴

Autocorrect keeps randomly capitalizing words. Just go with it I'm  getting too lazy to keep fixing it 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I haven't either. This is a first for me although it's only my fifth cruise with them. And it went on for a while not even a quick this is what's happening this was a full on reading of the events.

In your stateroom there is a volume control knob for the speaker. See if you can turn the volume off or down lower. I know we've never heard any morning announcements in our stateroom including the all ashore announcements when going to the ports. Just in the public areas. So I guess our speaker has always been turned off. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

Funny how the seas affect me. Sometimes we can be rocking and rolling and I'm fine. Today there is a light sway and I needed to take some medicine.

Stopped off in the room for it and the bed did its thing and trapped me.

Getting up and now I'm heading to the sauna for real. Still need to exercise today and the day is getting away from me. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Thank you so much for doing this Live. I am really enjoying it!

Happy to do it 😀

2 hours ago, doghog said:

In your stateroom there is a volume control knob for the speaker. See if you can turn the volume off or down lower. I know we've never heard any morning announcements in our stateroom including the all ashore announcements when going to the ports. Just in the public areas. So I guess our speaker has always been turned off. 

I've seen that on Royal. I did a sweep of the room and don't see a knob. This was definitely into the room like an emergency announcement, not from the hall. 

20 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Thirty to thirty-five minute wait for a table. Don't use the app here instead you get a buzzer.

even if we made a reservation on the app in advance?

This will be our first time on X and Reflection.

10 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I was wondering this also, same for me. It will be just myself and my daughter but I hadn't planned on making MDR dinner reservations for every night, but I am wondering if I should?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Happy to do it 😀

I've seen that on Royal. I did a sweep of the room and don't see a knob. This was definitely into the room like an emergency announcement, not from the hall. 

Ask your stateroom room attended. Post your experience for tomorrow morning.

19 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I am working on putting together another b2b TA in 2025 and looked into Cunard for the in-between time again. Prices for 14 days started at $2399

you could look into Princess. Regal Princess and newer only. Pre-pandemic their food was simply wonderful, and it was still great on Enchanted in 2022 (with some exceptions - you can see my review when you are back on land and free wifi again). We are going on Enchanted again this June.

Yesterday I booked our second X cruise - spring break 2025. 7 nights - $2,925 for the 3 of us in a balcony on Ascent. Not bad, not bad at all, especially considering current prices on all cruise lines. Even Princess wanted way more money for an inside cabin. And I will finally get to cruise on my birthday! So excited! 

Also looking at X Beyond for fall 2025 and might even bring mom and dad with us.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 4

When the Captain's navigation announcement came on, was the in-cabin TV turned on and tuned to the Navigation channel (which also plays music)? If yes, then that is the reason for the announcement to be heard in the cabin.  The other speakers in the cabin are used exclusively for "emergency" announcements from the captain (e.g., fire, fire drills, crew emergency drills, medical emergency, weather emergency, etc.).  The navigation announcement can also be heard throughout the ship thru the address system in the public areas of the ship, including speakers in the cabin hallways. if your cabin door is open, even slightly, the announcement will be heard in the cabin.

VFR

4 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Smothered burger, not on the app but in the paper menu.

I was thinking - if you take a photo of the paper menu and post it, would it eat up fewer minutes than posting screenshots of the online menu?

51 minutes ago, Dawnya00 said:

I was wondering this also, same for me. It will be just myself and my daughter but I hadn't planned on making MDR dinner reservations for every night, but I am wondering if I should?

I made them for every night for the same time (3 of us).

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I think if you made a reservation you should be able to arrive to a table ready, but I am not sure. I think making a reservation defeats the point of flexible dining but that's just me.

I'd like to just stroll in when I'm hungry, last night was prime dinner time so I understand the wait, if I have to wait at off peak times that would be less than ideal.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, doghog said:

Ask your stateroom room attended. Post your experience for tomorrow morning.

Good idea she will probably know.

34 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

you could look into Princess. Regal Princess and newer only. Pre-pandemic their food was simply wonderful, and it was still great on Enchanted in 2022 (with some exceptions - you can see my review when you are back on land and free wifi again). We are going on Enchanted again this June.

Yesterday I booked our second X cruise - spring break 2025. 7 nights - $2,925 for the 3 of us in a balcony on Ascent. Not bad, not bad at all, especially considering current prices on all cruise lines. Even Princess wanted way more money for an inside cabin. And I will finally get to cruise on my birthday! So excited! 

Also looking at X Beyond for fall 2025 and might even bring mom and dad with us.

I'm mainly looking at Barcelona to Barcelona unless the price and itinerary make it worth the extra travel expense of traveling to another port.

Right now I think the winner is going to be a B2B on Allure of the Seas.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ShadowzBtlr said:

When the Captain's navigation announcement came on, was the in-cabin TV turned on and tuned to the Navigation channel (which also plays music)? If yes, then that is the reason for the announcement to be heard in the cabin.  The other speakers in the cabin are used exclusively for "emergency" announcements from the captain (e.g., fire, fire drills, crew emergency drills, medical emergency, weather emergency, etc.).  The navigation announcement can also be heard throughout the ship thru the address system in the public areas of the ship, including speakers in the cabin hallways. if your cabin door is open, even slightly, the announcement will be heard in the cabin.

VFR

No, TV was off and when I searched out the source it was the speaker over my bed which as you said, should only be used for emergencies. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I was thinking - if you take a photo of the paper menu and post it, would it eat up fewer minutes than posting screenshots of the online menu?

It would actually use more because I can take my screen shot and paste it. The photo I have to attach and takes linger to upload. I burned all my minutes already either way though 😆 

• Like 3

I still haven't made it to the gym. Gonna grab a snack from al Bacio and do a late dinner then collect my happy hour drinks.

Not skipping the dining room tonight, they have a duck dish I tried in November that was the first time I found a duck I really enjoyed. I'm hopeful it will be as good this time.

• Like 3

Collecting my drinks. Took a break for some dessert and hydration. 

17065690070006168689098681531664.thumb.jpg.e10df4e20b04d1e4b06155cb7d8fef00.jpg

Got my internet credit issue resolved. Well not yet but it's in the process. I am supposed to get a discount so that's a nice savings I'm glad I can get.

• Like 5

I see a chocolate tart!!  Re the fried bread at breakfast in the OVC, it’s generally available every morning, albeit often at a different island location.  Sometimes you need to scope out them all.  We have to do that when Celebrity plays Hide and Go Seek with the triangular hash browns.

• Like 4

Just now, helen haywood said:

I see a chocolate tart!!  Re the fried bread at breakfast in the OVC, it’s generally available every morning, albeit often at a different island location.  Sometimes you need to scope out them all.  We have to do that when Celebrity plays Hide and Go Seek with the triangular hash browns.

By the time I made it they had closed all but a couple sections. I'll probably not get there early enough to see the full thing. Probably for the best but I sure do love that fried bread.

That chocolate tart was amazing! I had to summon up the willpower to not go back for more.

• Like 2

Exercise achieved. Was going to get changed for dinner but Stuart was cleaning the room so I'm going to give her some time.  I'm not really hungry yet.

At the ensemble lounge listening to some tunes, although his set his almost up.

image.thumb.png.d44eaa1bd0a1c7bac93eecf4c4e2ee6d.png

Drive 🎶 

• Like 3