Wine and Alcohol limitation on cruises

Giles2000

Queen Victoria world cruise:  We just learned days before the Victoria world cruise begins there might be a change in their wine policy.  We board in SF.  We have emailed Customer Service for a definitive answer.  Apparently now, like Princess you can bring on board as much wine as you chose, notifying them if it exceeds more than one case.  If you consume it in your cabin, great, no corkage.  If you take a bottle to a dining room or bar you will pay a $35 corkage fee.  Were you aware of this possible change in Policy?  We did not inquired about other liquor or beer.

On a different topic:  We received an email indicating of this world cruise as we finish each of the numerous segments if you reach another plateau for the Captains Club you become eligible for the upgraded benefits.  That is a real benefit for us since we have engaged Luggage Forward for our return trip from Southampton to SFO which would no qualify us for a 10% discount.  That email arrived yesterday from Cunard.

Vernzina

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigMac1953 said:

Corkage fee changed a couple of years ago.

What's the "Captain's Club"?

You beat me to it!

Plus

some folk could have started their own wine cave with the amount of bottles carted onto a Cunard cruise so apart from it apparently being now 'official [?] nothing has changed there either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Corkage fee changed a couple of years ago.

What's the "Captain's Club"?

Still said $25 on their website yesterday. But what would you expect if it’s only a couple of years?

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Still said $25 on their website yesterday. But what would you expect if it’s only a couple of years?

I thought it was still $25.

Must have changed again?

25 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I thought it was still $25.

Must have changed again?

Who knows? And I thought I had read fairly recently people saying they were charged only $20, but again who knows?