Medieval Germany - Riviera Travel- MS George Eliot

Marian Paroo

Has anyone done this? This will be a bunch of firsts for us. First River Cruise, First time in Germany (except for a visit to a friend in Berlin before the Wall came down), first time travelling as a couple!

Has anyone take this cruise or a similar one?

Bye,

Marian

Looks like a fun itinerary! We have been to Mainz, Wurzburg, Rothenberg, Bamberg, and Nuremberg -  though not a single one of those visits was on a river cruise. All are great places to visit and I'm sure you'll enjoy them very much.

We've done a few river cruises in Europe, but we've never heard of this line. Looking forward to hearing about your experience! Have a great time!

JP-  Riviera is a UK line that recently opened a North American office.  We booked an October 14N cruise with them, Budapest-Danube Delta-Budapest.  Fingers crossed, it looks like a nice ship and route.

Marian-  Being able to unpack once, and yet wake up in a different place everyday is the best part of river cruising.  Whoever you decide to sail with, have a great trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Looks like a fun itinerary! We have been to Mainz, Wurzburg, Rothenberg, Bamberg, and Nuremberg -  though not a single one of those visits was on a river cruise. All are great places to visit and I'm sure you'll enjoy them very much.

We've done a few river cruises in Europe, but we've never heard of this line. Looking forward to hearing about your experience! Have a great time!

It's fairly new and British. Isn't that a great name for a ship?

I like the fact that Riviera puts some information readily accessible. 

Mobility

We want to ensure you make the correct choice before you book your vacation with us. If you have any concerns regarding the suitability of the vacation due to reduced mobility we would encourage you to contact us to discuss these concerns. 

Low Locks and Bridges

Due to locks and low bridges along this stretch of river, the rear main part of the sun deck will be closed between Mainz and Nuremburg. The other outside areas in front of the lounge, the lido bar and the lower section of the sun deck in front of the wheel house are still accessible. 

• Like 1

The mobility part is really good but I am impressed with the detailed info on the low bridges. That is even better than I know it from CroisiEurope. Some companies make this info easy to find others not so much...

Well done, Riviera.

The itinerary: I find it very appealing and I love the design of the "poet" ships by Scylla (sailing for Riviera Travel and others). All towns along the route are interesting and the Medieval theme really works there. I have seen them on land trips.

Enjoy.

notamermaid